CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I've been playing the Overwatch beta (lots of fun, BTW), and I would absolutely love for a Halo game to feature some of Genji's traits:

• Fast movement speed (compared to Halo)
  • Very responsive strafe
  • Double jumping
  • Skillful projectile weaponry
  • Like all characters in the game (I think), no lunge assist on melees

I find Genji in particular to be just really, really fun to play as. Also, note that three of those things are in the GOAT Halo...

:thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I've been playing the Overwatch beta (lots of fun, BTW), and I would absolutely love for a Halo game to feature some of Genji's traits:

• Double jumping

:thinking:

Double jumping in a Halo game... no thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Double jumping in a Halo game... no thanks.

We've had armor lock, sprint, jetpacks, thrusters, Spartan charge, ads, clamber and whatever I'm forgetting at the moment, trying out double jump really can't hurt the franchise any more...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just separate REQs and customization options. Common-10k reqs, uncommon 25k reqs/$1, rare 50k reqs/$2, ultra rare 100k reqs/$4, legendary 200k reqs/$8, mythic 250k/$10?

Let people buy whatever h6 Achilles equivalent is at launch, you'll 1. Make more money 2. Not piss people off, look at Destiny hardcore and casuals dispise rngesus. 3. Cosmetics do not effect gameplay, let people spend as much or as little as they want playing dressup.

Make legendary or higher skins and emblems animated, legendary mc warzone announcer, just go crazy with it.

Keep warzone REQs just the way they are. If you want a game shattering phaeton your going to have to grind your ass off and earn it.

Have a live HWC/HCS pro league winners pot that updates in real time.

I thought of this in 15 minutes, I don't know how a 300 person studio owned by Microsoft can't come up with something similar. I don't see how anyone loses in this scenario.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343, with CoD Series imploding atm, its time to return to halo's roots. No abilities, no nonsense.Just give us our Halo CE,2 Gameplay and you will dominate the market.

Remember when CoD was "imploding" during Ghosts and Advanced Warfare? Remember when sales didn't break records and people thought "Is CoD dying?!" Remember when people were so upset about those games? Remember when those same players stayed to continue playing?

CoD is still going to do well. That's not going anywhere.

No way to filter anything out, and you can still get stuff you already own.

Isn't this exactly how Halo 5's works? Haha. I don't think you should be able to filter out anything considering you can buy everything in this game. I think this system is better imo. It gives you the chance at a higher rarity of item but on the same token, you can still earn and buy it yourself.

Remember when CoD was "imploding" during Ghosts and Advanced Warfare? Remember when sales didn't break records and people thought "Is CoD dying?!" Remember when people were so upset about those games? Remember when those same players stayed to continue playing?

CoD is going to do well, because it's CoD. Same way Halo is going to always do well because it's Halo. That doesn't mean the games are still as popular as what they used to be. The amount of criticism Infinite Warfare is getting speaks volumes. On top of that, there's a reason why they won't be selling the CoD4 remaster separate. Because myself and practically everyone who disliked the Infinite Warfare trailer wouldn't be touching Infinite Warfare knowing a superior version of CoD is releasing the same day. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

343, with CoD Series imploding atm, its time to return to halo's roots. No abilities, no nonsense.Just give us our Halo CE,2 Gameplay and you will dominate the market.

I don't know about dominate but it's hard to imagine it doing any worse than h5.

The fps market is clearly craving streamlined gameplay experiences right now. I don't know who is doing market research for 343, but they're not doing a good job.

It bounced back momentarily because of black ops brand recognition. I would bet infinite warfare picks up along the path ghosts and AW were headed down.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL

Not with those dislikes man. People still have a sour taste in their mouth from Infinity Ward's last COD.

This is gonna be their Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LOL

Not with those dislikes man. People still have a sour taste in their mouth from Infinity Ward's last COD.

This is gonna be their Halo 4.

If we know anything about the CoD fanbase it's that they never go through with anything...

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

Even if IW is a total flop there's still MW Remastered. CoD isn't going anywhere. 

Even if IW is a total flop there's still MW Remastered. CoD isn't going anywhere. 

If Infinite Warfare turns into a Halo 4, you bet your ass CoD4 Remastered will be an MCC.

Imagine that double whammy in the same day. It would be worse than what we got.

If Infinite Warfare turns into a Halo 4, you bet your ass CoD4 Remastered will be an MCC.

I wouldn't go that far

an MCC as in it will be broken and not function correctly?

Or everyone's wet dream?

If both games end up being broken, non-playable gobbledygook, then it'll only give more fuel to the conspiracy theorists believing that 343 and IWard have been sharing more than just movement ideas.

If both games end up being broken, non-playable gobbledygook, then it'll only give more fuel to the conspiracy theorists believing that 343 and IWard have been sharing more than just movement ideas.

So first you think if IW become a Halo 4 then MW Remastered will most likely be the MCC(wat) and now you start assuming that both games could be broke(more wat)?

If we know anything about the CoD fanbase it's that they never go through with anything...

18j48weujcgewjpg.jpg

That was when Call of Duty became a phenomenon and people clamored for that style of game. Their boycott was from dedi's, not the game itself.

IW is gonna flop hard. Guarantee it right now

The only cods people seem to look forward to are the treyarch ones these days, the rest people openly laugh at.

So first you think if IW become a Halo 4 then MW Remastered will most likely be the MCC(wat) and now you start assuming that both games could be broke(more wat)?

It's following the same idea, which gives me a paranoia that the games will be unsuccessful, broken, and/or unplayable. I mean, nobody expected the MCC to crash as hard as it did, except for a few people who looked harder at it (One of them being Lemon.) There is always the small chance that the remaster could end up having something that turns people off; one of those things already is that there are multiplayer maps missing from the remaster.

And to top this all off, you can't buy the games separate; another turn off. I'm hoping that IWard doesn't screw themselves over with a bad game, or a bad remake. But I have much doubt, and it'll only be killed if the games are successful. If not, well...conspiracies!! But not really.

It's following the same idea, which gives me a paranoia that the games will be unsuccessful, broken, and/or unplayable. I mean, nobody expected the MCC to crash as hard as it did, except for a few people who looked harder at it (One of them being Lemon.) There is always the small chance that the remaster could end up having something that turns people off; one of those things already is that there are multiplayer maps missing from the remaster.

And to top this all off, you can't buy the games separate; another turn off. I'm hoping that IWard doesn't screw themselves over with a bad game, or a bad remake. But I have much doubt, and it'll only be killed if the games are successful. If not, well...conspiracies!! But not really.

Really? How did no one foresee MCC crashing? I mean you're putting 4 completely different multiplayers with different physics and engines into one package, designing a netcode to work with all 4 games, designing an interface to allow fluidity between all 4 games, AND updating all of games to run at 60 frames. Well, actually 5 if we count H2A as it's own thing, which judging by what some were saying it is.

If MCC is a lesson on anything, it's overeagerness and Microsoft demanding way too much off of their shitty hardware for launch.

I'm 100% willing to blame the companies rather than the customers though, but there should have been some discussion regarding, "is it really possible to pull of this monumental design goal in 2 years time and have it work?"

Snipers has been rotational countless times

Are you just referring to halo 5?  Pretty sure it's only been in three times, and one of those was shotty snipes, which I don't think counts.  The other included the terrible btb maps.  We've only had a real team snipers playlist on the arena maps once, and that was back when the rotational playlists only lasted friday-sunday.  

Snipers doesn't really work as a rotational playlist in my opinion.  I think it's too sweaty, whereas rotational playlists should be fun, wacky gametypes.  It should just be permanent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll gladly eat my words if Infinite Warfare is a flop in terms of sales and/or player retention. As long as MW Remastered is good and Battlefield 1 is a success I'm fine and dandy.

Battlefield set in ww1 is honestly a great idea, but I'm not exactly confident it will be an amazing game after the last few battlefields being underwhelming and battlefront being a complete disappointment.

Nothing against him this was just the first video when I searched Req pack Opening, and spending over 500 Dollars on In game weapons and bad looking armor will always be a waste of money in my opinion.

He literally made every single bit of his money back and more with those videos.