CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Honestly I would prefer the Hornet.

well that's wrong savery, very wrong.

I've become so much happier ever since I stopped playing this game. Was literally torturing myself. I still like to see what new updates come through though. Nothing significant from the looks of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Is the memories of reach update out, hows the new aiming options?

Next week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most entertaining part of my night? Hearing @@Hard Way make an echo in his room with how loud he yells in a rage, during WZ. Even better? The "fuzzies" you get whenever you yell closely to your mic. I'm fucking dying.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Once again they messed up the shoulders. I have many other complaints but this seems like such a simple thing. How have they not picked up the fact that almost no one likes having bare shoulders. 

8142ZCd.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Was having a geez on xbox.com and saw this :thinking:

f3df5ead15.png

yeah, okay

• Upvote (+1) 2

Once again they messed up the shoulders. I have many other complaints but this seems like such a simple thing. How have they not picked up the fact that almost no one likes having bare shoulders. 

8142ZCd.png

Part of the slimmer Spartan 4 silhouette. It makes sense to me in terms of the games visual identity, regardless of whether I like it or not. 

I would prefer black undercuts and some bulkier armor, though.

Inb4 Phaeto Helios has passenger seats and it s just another short cut by 343 tng the Falcon into the game.

Also, Why the fuck is Microsofts top IP the only game that uses Azure Servers yet doesnt have server selection

• Upvote (+1) 2

So their fancy only allows to search for better connection+closer skill range but nut "good connection" with regular skill range?! Call me overly pessimistic but I really don't think this will improve the situation much...

So their fancy only allows to search for better connection+closer skill range but nut "good connection" with regular skill range?! Call me overly pessimistic but I really don't think this will improve the situation much...

It still matches solo players with teams, so there's still 0 point in searching alone.

Remember that "Blue Team" AR that was teased with the Grifball update.

We'll, its finally being released in the MoR update, and its not Blue Team, its Azure Dream.

Theres one req that went AWOL and returned.

Is the memories of reach update out, hows the new aiming options?

What are they doing to the aiming? Are they fixing it?

These UI updates have me like..

:walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:

Search Parameters, post-match stats (everything we've been asking for in that category), and enhanced aiming control? Love it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why you guys continue to torture yourself by playing something you dislike so much. I get you guys love the franchise and want it to continue to do well but I feel like not playing would send a better message instead of constantly "I can't stand playing this game anymore" and then go back into matchmaking.

I don't necessarily hate Halo 5 as a game, I just despise it as a Halo game.

Good post and a valid opinion. We as a community do hold on to our toxic thoughts about Halo 5 and don't hold back. "Bashing our heads against the wall" is a pretty good term.

Some people may say they keep posting because they see potential in Halo 5 versus everyone just giving up on Halo 4. While that may be true, I think it boils down to a general atmosphere that 343 has created.

Over 4 years we've gotten Halo 4, MCC, and and Halo 5. Forgetting about Halo 5 for a minute, there was a 3 year period where 343's only work to show was Halo 4 and MCC. The single biggest "disgrace" to Halo in Halo 4, and arguably the worst console release in history by a company owned by the console developer making Xbox's flagship title.

Without getting into lengthy posts and without acting like a jackass that thinks he knows buisness, I think a large portion of "Halo 5 sucks because of this" posts are fueled by past resentment, whether people are actively trying to bash 343 for it or they are subconsciously holding on to prior feelings and it shows up in talks about Halo 5.

I totally agree that there are people that will continue to post about Halo 5 being a bad game while continuing to play it, but you also need to understand that 343 hasnt created the most healthy community. What you see is still the result of things boiling over largely from MCC. Small problems aren't small problems when they follow repeated bigger problems.

I don't necessarily agree with some people and how they go about it, but I do understand the frustration that shows over a game from a company that is telling their customers "you aren't worth our time/money to fix our promises" when it comes to MCC.

And to think after all that most of the "community" interaction we get from them comes in the form of mocking parody. You haven't earned the right to be sarcastic 343. Make a good game first, then you can act above the community.

343 thinks they've hit a triple, but they were born on third base.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I don't understand why you guys continue to torture yourself by playing something you dislike so much. I get you guys love the franchise and want it to continue to do well but I feel like not playing would send a better message instead of constantly "I can't stand playing this game anymore" and then go back into matchmaking.

Haven't played since January I think. 

Sooooooooo they are gonna increase crouch walking speed? Fuck me I thought 343 was at least gonna try and limit the corner crouchers but it turns out they think people ARENT DOING IT ENOUGH. I don't even know what to say anymore.

Pls remove radar from competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So does this spell RIP on those rumors that they were testing radar that only recognizes Spartan abilities? (Sprint, thrust, etc)

What a shame... the game gets ridiculed enough b/c of radar :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

So does this spell RIP on those rumors that they were testing radar that only recognizes Spartan abilities? (Sprint, thrust, etc)

What a shame... the game gets ridiculed enough b/c of radar :/

Who else said that other than Ninja?

I love the dude but I feel like he will take "that's a cool suggestion" as a response and claim they are looking into it.

Doubles and snipers playlists?? Are they ever coming? It's been half a year into a halo game and there is no snipers or doubles playlist. Does anyone know if they are ever returning?