CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I dislike the aiming in both games although I just deal with it. I at least understand Overwatch's aim system was designed for a M+KB and it reminds me of Team Fortress 2 on 360. Not that it's the same exact system, but it just feels as if was ported poorly for a controller when designed for a M+KB. Halo I have no idea. I dislike it as well, however I don't really see how you guys are fine or with Overwatch or think it's way better than Halos.

@My Namez Beast I don't know how you can exactly make a claim like you did with the acceleration. I think it would need testing but I turned my sensitivity up in Overwatch and still disliked the aiming a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

aiming in both is doodoo but like Teapot said I just learned to deal with it.

Yo has anyone talked about the Plasma Caster buff in here? Cos the buffs for the weapon look really good since charge is now better than tap firing. So roof shots and PC nade spots have a lot more damaging uses such as shooting roofs of Bubble on Truth to kill/weaken spawners. Pretty excited for the buff honestly

PC buff is good because that weapon was not a tier 3 weapon at all. If they weren't gonna buff it then it had I business taking up a weapon pad. If it's good enough now then maps like Rig where teams tend to post up and ignore it might play a little differently. Hydra buff I am not a fan of though. I thought it did what it should seeing as it is a tracking weapon that you don't actually have to aim.

I dislike the aiming in both games although I just deal with it. I at least understand Overwatch's aim system was designed for a M+KB and it reminds me of Team Fortress 2 on 360. Not that it's the same exact system, but it just feels as if was ported poorly for a controller when designed for a M+KB. Halo I have no idea. I dislike it as well, however I don't really see how you guys are fine or with Overwatch or think it's way better than Halos.

@My Namez Beast I don't know how you can exactly make a claim like you did with the acceleration. I think it would need testing but I turned my sensitivity up in Overwatch and still disliked the aiming a lot.

I mean Halo 5 clearly has a more awkward jump from regular aiming to rapid accel lol I don't think we need much testing.

Why deal with it when there are so many better games on the cons..... oh yea. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo has anyone talked about the Plasma Caster buff in here? Cos the buffs for the weapon look really good since charge is now better than tap firing. So roof shots and PC nade spots have a lot more damaging uses such as shooting roofs of Bubble on Truth to kill/weaken spawners. Pretty excited for the buff honestly

I think they're putting/have put a fuel rod top mid on Truth :P

PC buff is good because that weapon was not a tier 3 weapon at all. If they weren't gonna buff it then it had I business taking up a weapon pad. If it's good enough now then maps like Rig where teams tend to post up and ignore it might play a little differently. Hydra buff I am not a fan of though. I thought it did what it should seeing as it is a tracking weapon that you don't actually have to aim.

Honestly i dont even see the post up anymore really, i think AMs/pros have figured out that posting at bunker side is bad because you're giving the losing side a lot of time to prepare a push and potentially get Storm, SMG, Scatter (tbh best weapon overall in the map since Sniper is 3 mins and Caster isnt that great) and Caster. I do think Caster currently is still a decent weapon to use as a push weapon imo. You can wreak some havoc with tap fire at E2/Bunker wall/Bunker/white hall/corner which are the most frequent areas. I do agree though that with Caster getting a good buff it might make players move just for the Caster if its good enough. We'll see though

I think they're putting/have put a fuel rod top mid on Truth :P

I really hope this doesnt happen lol. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Please make a topic about this in General Gaming - I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Yea, I will. But don't expect anything huge for now though. I have a lot to learn my self (and have so far only made a small mobile game) with 2 other students with roughly 2000 lines of code only for a school project (It's not done yet). But everyone have to start somewhere right. It takes a lot of time, and I can imagine much of the assets will have to be grabbed off the internet (Like trees, gras, cars etc) if we ever want to be done. I will obviously start by myself but I guess the games ultimate fate comes down to how many I can get to join me. I will take anything. If someone wants to learn how to model that for example is a good chance to join, or make music or something. 

Here is the menu of my mobile game in action (The game won't be released anywhere tho): 

https://gyazo.com/b6a982aa1d0a0c3011424a626cd9f46e

The Instructions text is missing :P

I can see why people might have issues with 5 but I personally don't mind how it's set up.

Overwatch on the other hand feels terrible to me.

I haven't had major aiming problems in really any shooter that I've played, I've noticed differences but it's never bothered me. That said, some are more picky so more options as well as AN EXPLANATION AS TO HOW THE AIMING WORKS, are to be encouraged.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I haven't had major aiming problems in really any shooter that I've played, I've noticed differences but it's never bothered me. That said, some are more picky so more options as well as AN EXPLANATION AS TO HOW THE AIMING WORKS, are to be encouraged.

I don't really have a problem with Overwatch, I mean I can aim just fine. I just don't like how it feels.

Regarding 5 though, I would love an option for the beta style aiming to be added, I've never said otherwise. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really have a problem with Overwatch, I mean I can am just fine. I just don't like how it feels.

Regarding 5 though, I would love an option for the beta style aiming to be added, I've never said otherwise.

i know I'm just saying, no one is really arguing that more option is a bad thing, but besides options, an explanation would be nice.

I read an article that said the overwatch console aiming was designed in conjunction with COD devs since both developers are under the Activision-Bliazzard umbrella.

You think buying REQ Packs fixes the aiming? Is that why people on Waypoint and r/Halo are fine with it?

You think buying REQ Packs fixes the aiming? Is that why people on Waypoint and r/Halo are fine with it?

What?

If the aiming isnt fixed after this update im done worrying about this POS game.

I don't understand why you guys continue to torture yourself by playing something you dislike so much. I get you guys love the franchise and want it to continue to do well but I feel like not playing would send a better message instead of constantly "I can't stand playing this game anymore" and then go back into matchmaking.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't understand why you guys continue to torture yourself by playing something you dislike so much. I get you guys love the franchise and want it to continue to do well but I feel like not playing would send a better message instead of constantly "I can't stand playing this game anymore" and then go back into matchmaking.

Well what else are we supposed to be doing with our lives.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because the game has so much potential if they would just change some of the shit. Like, it's right on the verge of being a good game but people seem to be so stagnant all of a sudden.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

So who's going to join me making a shooter in the summer? Photoshop, Modelers, Coders, anything :)

OT: I'm going to school for level design, hit me up fam.

OT: I have 0 fun on H5 without a full team, even H4 and MCC were fun solo queue.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anybody know where I can buy different Xbox one controller joysticks? All I see is joystick covers.

Do Xbox 360 joysticks go on an Xbox one controller?

Think I played two games in the last 30 days. Playing the waiting game.

The waiting for doom game that is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OT: I'm going to school for level design, hit me up fam.

OT: I have 0 fun on H5 without a full team, even H4 and MCC were fun solo queue.

Great. Then our team consists of 2 people. Let's settle for 5 at the start and see how it goes.