CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What are the differences between the new cod and halo 5?

The developers of Call of Duty give their fans what they want.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Id recommend everyone here who wants to play a good competitive shooter pick up CS:GO on Steam today, I believe its 50% off at the moment.

The problem with CS is that it's a PC game. Meaning you're not using a controller. It's just not the same. I prefer a controller. Only time i really prefer the mouse is if i'm playing a game like SC2.

CS:GO on the console isn't that great either.

With that said, CS:GO is still a great option if you're willing to try out other shooters and are willing to use mouse and keyboard.

The problem with CS is that it's a PC game. Meaning you're not using a controller. It's just not the same. I prefer a controller. Only time i really prefer the mouse is if i'm playing a game like SC2.

CS:GO on the console isn't that great either.

With that said, CS:GO is still a great option if you're willing to try out other shooters and are willing to use mouse and keyboard.

Mouse and keyboard over controller all day every day. You make it sound like it's hard to use/pick up and play. CS is easy to learn but hard as fuck to master.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Mouse and keyboard over controller all day every day. You make it sound like it's hard to use/pick up and play. CS is easy to learn but hard as fuck to master.

No, i just prefer the feel of a controller. I prefer the idea of the controller as well. It's more chill, i find it more comfortable, it's just my preference since i've been using a controller since i could hold one in my hands.

I don't mind having to learn a different controls, i use a fight stick when i play FGs. I use mouse and keyboard when i play SC2(it's actually been a long time since i've played it). But i prefer the idea of having to compete with a controller than mouse.

I'm aware the mouse and keyboard is also more accurate, but that's not enough of a reason for me to switch over. I accept the challenges that controller has.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Boy your name sure comes out in this comment lol. I am trying to play CS. It seems fun. I am just killing bots atm trying to get a hang of mouse because I know I'll get destroyed in real games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, i just prefer the feel of a controller. I prefer the idea of the controller as well. It's more chill, i find it more comfortable, it's just my preference since i've been using a controller since i could hold one in my hands.

I don't mind having to learn a different controls, i use a fight stick when i play FGs. I use mouse and keyboard when i play SC2(it's actually been a long time since i've played it). But i prefer the idea of having to compete with a controller than mouse.

I'm aware the mouse and keyboard is also more accurate, but that doesn't that's not a reason for me to switch over. I accept the challenges that controller has.

It's been awhile since I thought I preferred a controller to a good M/KB setup so maybe you can explain that to me a little better? I don't see how a controller can at all be better for competitive play.

I'm aware the mouse and keyboard is also more accurate, but that doesn't that's not a reason for me to switch over. I accept the challenges that controller has.

I respect that, everyone's preference is different :)

Boy your name sure comes out in this comment lol. I am trying to play CS. It seems fun. I am just killing bots atm trying to get a hang of mouse because I know I'll get destroyed in real games. 

Honestly just play Deathmatch, focus on your aim/spray patterns/learning callouts, everything will come in time and the more you play and the better you get the more fun the game becomes. Eventually start looking into the FragShack community aim practice servers as they have helped my shot get better immensely. After you have 50-100 hours logged or until you feel comfortable only than should you jump into competitive. Take this with a grain of salt though as i only have about 240 hours and im still not that great.

SORRY FOR THE OFF TOPIC RANT. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's been awhile since I thought I preferred a controller to a good M/KB setup so maybe you can explain that to me a little better? I don't see how a controller can at all be better for competitive play.

Why not? Even though you can be more precise with M/KB, there's still a great challenge with the controller.

It's not like it's easy to use the controller. It's just one of them is more efficient than other.

If you use a controller in comp play you will get obliterated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I respect that, everyone's preference is different :)

With that said. Maybe when i actually get a decent PC, i'll give it more of a try. I like CS. Played it once and a while when i was kid when ever i was at the arcade or at someone's house.

If you use a controller in comp play you will get obliterated.

I wouldn't use a controller if everyone's using M/KB I'd use the mouse lol

This thread has basically turned into people listing games that we can play when Halo 5 dies/sucks.

gg 343

No. I am eagerly waiting the Halo 5 beta. I just need something to play until then. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally, I couldn't care less if Halo 5 'dies'. I say the same for any game. HCS be damned, too. If I like a game and it has enough people to find a match for in main playlists and I like said game, I'll keep playing the game no matter what. I rode the original KillZone and SOCOM Combined Assault out to the bitter end like that on the Playstation 2, and is also the reason I still occasionally play the improved netcode servers on Halo Custom Edition.

But hey, if I'm horribly disgusted by the beta, I'm still loving Destiny. My 'Halo 5 Sucking' contingency is set.

I know this is posted somewhere but I am lazy.

What time can you preload the beta?

Around 10AM PST

No. I am eagerly waiting the Halo 5 beta. I just need something to play until then. 

I think we are all gonna need something to play after also  :kappa:

Personally, I couldn't care less if Halo 5 'dies'. I say the same for any game. HCS be damned, too. If I like a game and it has enough people to find a match for in main playlists and I like said game, I'll keep playing the game no matter what. I rode the original KillZone and SOCOM Combined Assault out to the bitter end like that on the Playstation 2, and is also the reason I still occasionally play the improved netcode servers on Halo Custom Edition.

But hey, if I'm horribly disgusted by the beta, I'm still loving Destiny. My 'Halo 5 Sucking' contingency is set.

Destiny isn't too bad. I'd play it if my friends played. Bungie did do some shady BS I don't agree with but still a "fun" game 

I feel wrong just replying for something about Destiny so I'll throw some random Halo stuff below.

Halo 5 looks fun. It really does. I wanted to go competitive with MCC and Halo 5 but MCCs launch kind of killed that for me. So I'll play Halo 5 and hopefully enjoy. If competitive community is with Halo 5 I'll go for it. But the game does just look fun. Doesn't look super Halo but fun yeah. 

Off-topic I would love to have some server names.