CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is the Scuf Infinity 1 controller worth buying for Halo?

If you have played Halo 5, I think you already know the answer to this question.

You missed the point, but DOOM's faster pace (relative to h5) actually allows the game to stop itself from falling into the teamshot pit.

We do need Halo to be Halo, but since the developers are so interested in copying the latest trend, we would have a much better Halo on our hands if DOOM were the game the developers choose to copy instead of cod/destiny.

maybe, depends on what they copy, if its general movement and sandbox structure, id agree.

If you have played Halo 5, I think you already know the answer to this question.

I don't have Halo 5 but I see a lot of pros using Scuf controllers for it, that's why I asked.

@ll MeanBean ll (what the fuck are your brackets?), it wasn't as prevalent back then, but it was still pretty easy to dash out in Reach, and you lost nothing for it iirc. I don't think it triggered any type of quitting penalty, although I could be wrong on that. But I vividly remember matching to8 Inheritors in Big Team when I was searching solo and saying 'fuck that shit' and dashing out, and then searching again as soon as my game booted back up.

@@Aphex Twin, I think you might not be giving H5 enough credit in this regard. If sprint and thrust were removed, the average TTK would be pretty damn fast. Thruster is the main thing that extends fights longer than they should be, because it breaks red reticle even if you're aimed perfectly, and this game's shittastic aiming makes it hard to reacquire the target before they get to cover. Without that, the pistol would not have problems dropping people if you got the jump on them.

Oh I know it still happened, I'm just saying I imagine it's more prevalent now largely due to how easy it is.

Also it's iL meanbean Li except the i is capitalised instead of the L.

I am a not a PC guy so I just had one of my first experiences with Overwatch this morning with the open beta. So, you are telling me that this game has no sprint or ADS? Wait, I thought that every modern FPS, including H5, had to have those features or they would not be well received. smh..... 343 truly has no backbone. Instead of making a good halo game they insist on trying to make it something that it wasn't and force features that don't need to be there/take away form what made halo so unique. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I am a not a PC guy so I just had one of my first experiences with Overwatch this morning with the open beta. So, you are telling me that this game has no sprint or ADS? Wait, I thought that every modern FPS, including H5, had to have those features or they would not be well received. smh..... 343 truly has no backbone. Instead of making a good halo game they insist on trying to make it something that it wasn't and force features that don't need to be there/take away form what made halo so unique. 

Shhh... Let them be unoriginal. It's fine. We have Overwatch now. Everything is going to be alright.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Shhh... Let them be unoriginal. It's fine. We have Overwatch now. Everything is going to be alright.

But really, it already seems much more promising. 

But really, it already seems much more promising. 

I'm with you. It's going to be an FPS killer.

• Downvote (-1) 1

i keep getting excited about this game after watching quality matches in the pro scene, but every time I run solo in Arena it's full blown AIDs and I want to just fucking microwave the disc.

• Upvote (+1) 7

i keep getting excited about this game after watching quality matches in the pro scene, but every time run solo in Arena it's full blown AIDs and I want to just fucking microwave the disc.

I feel you dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Soldier has Sprint :P

• Upvote (+1) 3

Posted one reply on reddit

Got called

-dumdfuck

-dumb ass

-full of shit

-idiot

By four separate people.

Lol, what a nice, objective place.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Got called

-dumdfuck

-dumb ass

-full of shit

-idiot

Lol, what a nice place.

̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

⊂•⊃_⊂•⊃

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That would never go unpunished here.  I get banned over here for calling someone hard headed. lol.  Maybe I need to go to Reddit so I can call people stupid without sequestration.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anybody know why my controller just stops working when I have it wired? Like it'll still be on and everything but nothing happens when I move the joystick or hit buttons. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. It'll just stop working randomly. 

Does that happen to you guys too?

I'd try it wireless but I don't have any batteries.

The same exact thing has been happening to me recently. No idea what's going on. 

Crazy idea right? People can actually get around maps just fine without sprint? I would've never imagined. :thinking:

Like 99% of the people I've talked to can't wait for this game to come out, because it's just downright... Fun to play. Me and @@Stoppabl3 wanted to get off at like 1 am but didn't stop playing until damn near 5 haha. It's just that fun. You make a game based on what makes that game unique... Not because "other modern FPS'" has sprint. Literally the worst excuse to add in the most detrimental feature to Halo I've ever read. Which also never made sense to begin with considering Halo was objectively more popular without sprint. It's not an opinion that it was, it's an objective fact.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Got called

-dumdfuck

-dumb ass

-full of shit

-idiot

By four separate people.

What, you want Halo to be as good as it used to, not have sprint, have all the features (theatre, split screen etc.) to be there and better than ever and a huge population with a good ranking system?

How preposterous, go fuck yourself good sir!

/s

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got called

-dumdfuck

-dumb ass

-full of shit

-idiot

By four separate people.

What did you post?

What did you post?

Halo did not used to have ADS. You could scope, using the spartan's visor and only with some guns. That is not aim down sights. Now you...Aim down the sights. Those are two distinctly different things.

Where they got sprint from is really an irrelevant semantic. It's only in halo because other popular games have it. Which is a ridiculous reason to implement a game mechanic. Especially since those other games that use it are fundamentally different from Halo. Especially in kill times and map design. Let alone the fact that Halo was built on an arena shooter base of blended movement and combat and sprint single handily destroys that.

Ground pound and thrust are iffy. It's highly suspicious that 343 just decided on there own to add the same stuff every other game has at the exact same time they added it.

Mantling was ripped straight out of COD. It's also pretty much utterly pointless as they just raised the height of every ledge in order to shoehorn in Mantling instead of just having maps that you could jump around. Because apparently traversing a map while not begin able to shoot and having to look directly forward is more exciting than being able to move about a map while shooting and looking around.

• Upvote (+1) 8