CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well the mod doesn't change any of the levels or level design.

Only encounters.

Right now there is a BR, DMR, and pistol. Each effective against different enemies, and at different ranges as well.

It's not the way I would have done it. But the point of the mod isn't to improve the CE experience.

It's just to provide a different experience entirely and give players more reasons to go through and play it again while incorporating elements from Halos that would come in the future.

And like you said, the fact that these changes don't affect a multiplayer component makes it less important as far as weapon variety.

However all of the AI have been adjusted with new behaviors to make combat feel more like a puzzle.

It's a free mod, with lots of passion and work put in to it.

Not meant to replace CE, really it's just a reason to go through and experience it again.

What's the name of the mod? I do remember playing a lot of CE years ago and the CMT, V1 and V2, are very fun single player improvements to the base game.

What's the name of the mod? I do remember playing a lot of CE years ago and the CMT, V1 and V2, are very fun single player improvements to the base game.

It's spv3

It's spv3

Spv3 already? They hadn't even finished Spv2 when I stopped playing it lol. I look forward to what those guys can bring to the experience.

I'm willing to put $20 on h3a not happening.

I don't think it will be a stand alone game personally. I am expecting a 20-30$ expansion pack type of thing for the multiplayer and that is probably it.  Similar to CE:A but hopefully a little better. (And a projectile BR with the same spread as the H5 BR,  I hope) I could see HWC 2018 being played with H3 type settings if this were the case. 

Just got kicked from a match and banned for 10 minutes for "griefing my teammates" because I grabbed the ball on Tyrant and jumped off the map to save an arm by the enemy team......

Just got kicked from a match and banned for 10 minutes for "griefing my teammates" because I grabbed the ball on Tyrant and jumped off the map to save an arm by the enemy team......

How many times did you commit suicide that match?

I really hope that mythic weapon is the grenade launcher, and not Jorge's chaingun.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Two and once to save an arm.

Three strikes and you're out. Been like that since launch.

I really hope that mythic weapon is the grenade launcher, and not Jorge's chaingun.

It's going to be a warzone weapon. It's not going to be something that was half difficult to use like the Grenade Launcher.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That message is hilarious. It says something about natural selection.

Happened to me and I couldn't even be mad.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Which one would be easier for 343 to create? A re-skinned version of the SAW (chaingun), or a new type of grenade launcher? I think 343 will make the chaingun because I never expect them to go the extra mile. Easy way is their preferred way. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't want 343 to do a remake of H3A. I don't trust them to do it.

Same, looking at what they did with CE Anniversary and H2A I doubt H3A would use projectiles on its BR at all. 

This dude speaks the truth.

That dude is spot on. Thanks for sharing. 

Rant starting at 12:50. At least watch that part if you don't feel like watching the whole thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been playing around with outer deadzone.  I had it on 0% until yesterday.  That was a mistake.  Increasing outer deadzone definitely will improve the responsiveness of your inputs.  One of the problems I was having was that it felt like the small adjustments I'd try to make at mid-close would be ignored by the game, and I'd have to overcompensate.  Since increasing outer deadzone effectively condenses the look speed spectrum, my minor adjustments are easier to make.  If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend it.  It still doesn't feel right, but it feels better.  I'm going to keep playing around with it and see if I can find something that feels truly right.

I took your advice, and did some tweaking. 3% on the outer deadzone feels SOOOO MUCH better than 0.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe a medal for activating OS without burning it. 

the main reason why i suggested it is because it would be 1000x easier to track who gets power ups in pro games 

also because i feel like getting os/camo is an accomplishment 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its been 1 1/2 weeks since Region lock was disabled. And I'm yet to have gotten word from Bravo.

I tried using my manners, I've tried caps, I've tried a combo of the two. Still nothing,

yet i hop onto his twitter and see hes answered the same question about the May Season 4 times, even though it was clearly mentioned in the CU, and is a question that needs answering once.

I'm so pissed that Halo is the only FPS game on Xbox One that offers the 4v4 Team work competitiveness I love, or else I would've probably moved on by now.

DAMN IT 343 WHY DID YOU MAKE YOUR GAME SO ENJOYABLE WHEN IT WAS LAG FREE.

On another note. Why isnt Oceanic Armour in the game? its weird that it was in Halo 4 seeing as there are no maps under water, but it would've made some sense being included in Halo 5 because of Fathom.

Cool bum jump from bottom car street to top car street.

3vIWZEM.gif 

• Upvote (+1) 1