CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can we have an explosive based weapon that takes skill pls. Like the GL. That would be nice :)

I'm guessing the Hydra will have low aim assist because it can be fired without lock on, meaning players who can aim properly will succeed with it by not using Smart Link

I know this sounds like heresy but I am fine with he new rocket launcher assuming one thing. That the old SPNKR returns as a legendary power weapon.  That allows the weapon to be more powerful and carry unique mechanics that  would otherwise break the game and make the weapon super OP.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Explain Counter Strike's relevancy please

A completely different market and style of game.  Counter Strike is not a triple a sixty dollar release. It is a multiplayer only shooter on the largest market for games on a platform. Imagine the impact and market share if Sony and Microsoft were to make a console together.  That serves as a good analogy to what Steam is to the PC market.  Halo is a big budget first party exclusive it is not going to adhere to the same standards as a 15 dollar former mod. Classic Halo is not profitable in the modern market unfortunately and 343 is trying to take steps to keep some aspects of Halo's core intact. We do not know about if their efforts are in vain but they are attempting a very precarious and difficult balancing act.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I know this sounds like heresy but I am fine with he new rocket launcher assuming one thing. That the old SPNKR returns as a legendary power weapon.  That allows the weapon to be more powerful and carry unique mechanics that  would otherwise break the game and make the weapon super OP.

So in a game where autos tune you up 15ft away and a "legendary" sword gets extra lunge, how does a legendary RL behave, h2 vehicle lock on except on players?

You're asking the wrong guy. I didn't buy Destiny because of how much disappointment I've read on reviews, and I haven't played COD since MW2.

Unfortunately I fell for the scam that H4 and Halo:MCC was (Fortunately I still can refund MCC, which 2 months in it looks like I'll have to). I guess you can say I've been craving a new, interesting Halo that still stuck to it's core roots for years now. But it never came, and looking at the Beta for Halo 5 it looks like it's never going to come. And I won't make the same mistake this time around.

But yeah man my word of advice is to invest your money into things you enjoy and love, and to companies you think do a great job of satisfying their customers. Trusting and believing in a bad company because the alternatives are worse is counterproductive, and just not logical. Also is the reason why alot of console-involed companies are getting away with this bullshit.

I just can't comprehend how people can return MCC, sure it's broken to it's core but the amount of content it has is unparalleled to anything ever made (not including orange box) I'm not defending 343 in releasing a beta in fact I'm furious, but to return it doesn't make sense in my eyes.

I just can't comprehend how people can return MCC, sure it's broken to it's core but the amount of content it has is unparalleled to anything ever made (not including orange box) I'm not defending 343 in releasing a beta in fact I'm furious, but to return it doesn't make sense in my eyes.

I dislike 343 as much as anyone else, but how can you not understand people returning to MCC when 7 patches have released? The 12.15.14 update made the game in a playable form for me. I'm not going to avoid classic Halo multiplayer in 1080p/60fps because it didn't work in the first month. That's dumb.

343 did fuck up big with MCC, but they are updating and fixing their game.

So in a game where autos tune you up 15ft away and a "legendary" sword gets extra lunge, how does a legendary RL behave, h2 vehicle lock on except on players?

Rocket jumps maybe? You take a slight amount of damage but can soar up into the air and then deliver the swift ground pound to bury your opponents.

Edit: I really need to stop giving them ideas.

I dislike 343 as much as anyone else, but how can you not understand people returning to MCC when 7 patches have released? The 12.15.14 update made the game in a playable form for me. I'm not going to avoid classic Halo multiplayer in 1080p/60fps because it didn't work in the first month. That's dumb.343 did fuck up big with MCC, but they are updating and fixing their game.

Agree, but the ability to play both H1 and H2 online again on a next gen console is pretty impressive. However...... both are still unplayable to some degree at the moment, when they get it working it'll be a master piece.

Agree, but the ability to play both H1 and H2 online again on a next gen console is pretty impressive. However...... both are still unplayable to some degree at the moment, when they get it working it'll be a master piece.

CE is now working perfectly after the 12/15 update. H2 needs some work, but it's very much playable.

My copy of MCC says it contains access to the beta but i don't see a code in the case or anything. Anybody know how it will work?

My copy of MCC says it contains access to the beta but i don't see a code in the case or anything. Anybody know how it will work?

In the extras menu on the Master Chief Collection there is a Halo 5 tab. When it becomes available(sometime tomorrow) you'll be able to select it and download it from there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In the extras menu on the Master Chief Collection there is a Halo 5 tab. When it becomes available(sometime tomorrow) you'll be able to select it and download it from there.

Thanks friend!

Id recommend everyone here who wants to play a good competitive shooter pick up CS:GO on Steam today, I believe its 50% off at the moment. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yea, if you like staring at walls, boxes and crates for 85 percent of each game, whilst peaking round the corner of those walls and boxes any time you hear the slightest footstep for the remainder, pick up cs go! 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't get why we need to vote on whether we have the Hydra or the Rocket Launcher in the beta, why can't we test both? Does the game crash if we have them both in the game or something? 

And besides, the obvious choice is going to be the Hydra as it's a new weapon, I really don't see the point of this voting. 

Yea, if you like staring at walls, boxes and crates for 85 percent of each game, whilst peaking round the corner of those walls and boxes any time you hear the slightest footstep for the remainder, pick up cs go! 

Come on most new players aren't going to get into a "real" game. They're just going to jump around with an AWP taking kids heads off 

I don't get why we need to vote on whether we have the Hydra or the Rocket Launcher in the beta, why can't we test both? Does the game crash if we have them both in the game or something?

And besides, the obvious choice is going to be the Hydra as it's a new weapon, I really don't see the point of this voting.

I voted for the Rocket Launcher to hopefully cause drama, but looks like the Hydra is going to win. Oh well

Both are going to be available at some point, but they want to give people the option to vote like they promised before the Halo Channel even launched.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys are entrusting a company which currently has had a broken game on the market for 46 days.

Good luck on Halo 5 being a good game, folks.

They focused more on a beta than MCC. That's what pisses me off about 343.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They focused more on a beta than MCC. That's what pisses me off about 343.

Can't blame them for focusing on their future rather than trying to salvage something that has lost any chance of redemption. At this rate at least, Halo 5 should have a working game at launch.

MCC, even if it did work 100%, is a collection outdated releases which people bought for games 343 didn't make.

I know if I hadn't bought MCC at launch and just read what people said for the past few weeks, I wouldn't bother buying it ever, no matter how "good" it becomes compared to that point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

By forcing our hands into voting for the Hydra, they give us a sort of subconscious preference for it. Smart marketing if it's deliberate.