CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is it just me or does the image below the Forge portion suggest playable Elites?

That's a Jackal.

So is this an admission that 343 believes that the sandbox is perfectly balanced for arena?

My post about the weapon sandbox being designed primarily for Warzone is looking more correct day by day.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its pretty obvious that the ONI Card is the Falcon. What else would have to be such a secret and be so hush hush. it wouldn't be the grenade launcher, while cool, its not exactly "WOW HOLY SHIT WOWOWOWOWOW" like having the Falcon return would be.

Unless its the Brute Chopper? It could be, as it would then make the Brute Plasma Rifle relevant.

So is this an admission that 343 believes that the sandbox is perfectly balanced for arena?

My post about the weapon sandbox being designed primarily for Warzone is looking more correct day by day.

The weapons are fine, pistol buffed .1 seconds and only 1 SMG/Storm rifle per map are the only things I would change (and that's only a weapon layout change).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now taking bets against suckers that think Halo 5 will ever receive a single arena based weapon update.

• Upvote (+1) 3

pistol power is fine, maybe increase scope range or add more to the mag. the problem is upping the spawn times for smg and storm, as well as making the storm either overheat sooner, or a range nerf. no one has ever run out of storm rifle ammo which is ridiculous

I am enjoying FFA more than team games now. Pegasus isnt really that bad for it either.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

With all due respect.

The arena sandbox is not fine. The Pistol is too weak to be a utility weapon, the automatics need a range nerf, the storm rifle does too much health damage, the sniper is too easy to use and it has lens glare, shotgun has too much range, plasma grenades are too weak, and there's still radar in Team Arena.

I'm watching Spartan's montage right now, and I'm noticing how he's getting clips in H2A that wouldn't be possible in Halo 5 against other top pros due to the existence of radar.

The settings, and sandbox in this game are a mess, and only suitable for Warzone.

Opinions etc.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think reducing the number and rate at which storm rifles spawn as well as reducing the ammo in SMGs would be enough to sort most of my issues with the game balance.

Decreasing the sniper's bullet magnetism would be nice as well although I think it's unlikely to happen.

I actually quite like the AR, it fills a good niche of short range combat and flanking weapon IMO. It's effective range is perhaps a tad too far although it's rare that an AR can actually get a kill at range. You'd have to get caught off guard, out of position and miss shots to be killed by an AR at range.

My biggest problem with the game at the moment is Spartan Charge, that thing is just pointless and annoying.

What about unbalanced matchmaking and heavily weighted maps that have been begged to be removed from competitive settings (Overgrowth and Riptide) seem minor to you? And no I wasn't asking a rhetorical question lol. Not even sure where Snowbound ARs comes from. I had a 5 star general (So yes, thousands and thousands of games of Halo 3) in Team Slayer, Doubles, and MLG while yes, a 50 in each respective playlist and I played Snowbound ARs like maybe 9/10 times the most? For one, Halo 3 also had another great feature in matchmaking and it's called the veto system. Why has this feature that has been arguably deemed one of the best matchmaking features been removed? (Not to mention the removal of said feature has spawned this new tactic from new age Halo players called "dodging"). Halo 3 had proper skill matching for the most part. Maybe 1% of the people I've ever played, at the absolute most, actually kept AR start when it showed up searching on your 50 because good players knew that gametype is awful and would get vetoed every time. As a matter of fact, any AR gametype in general would get vetoed and any BR gametype would get kept because luckily we all knew how the veto system worked and that it would alternate between ARs <-> BRs.  

If Halo 5 had a veto option that would be another notch H5's belt that would make it a lot better.

Me personally, there's nothing minor about having to carry teams of randoms with no mics against known AM kids and barely lose because I didn't go 35-8, but instead 33-8. Yes... This has happened before. I've made a quite a few smurfs in this game so I can just muck around the waters between Diamond and Platinum and I definitely understand that there is a significant difference in the matchmaking experience for lower skill levels. No, I'm not referring to you in particular but in general the matchmaking experience at that level is not nearly as bad because majority of the players at that skill level are not that good at the game. It's a lot easier to enjoy yourself when you're not playing alone and having to break a full setup on Elevate as opposed to playing against the Spartan Mafia clan in Diamond/Plat. 

Now, with all that being said, don't take my criticisms out of context.

Halo 5 has moved in the correct direction with some design decisions. It's the design choices that negatively impact the game for all players which I draw issue with. Non-party restrictions with loose skill based matchmaking makes this some of the most unbalanced matchmaking in a Halo game to date. The only thing worse is MCC. Getting a full team of solid coordinated players in Halo 5 will net so many wins, it's practically unfair; hence whenever I do get a solid To4 on, I milk it dry because I know for a fact most of my games are going to be complete blowouts. Easy CSR haha.

I can only judge the games from my experience which in H5 has been solid. I'm not saying it's perfect, I too would like a veto system but overall I haven't had many issues at all. As I said before, it has some of the best skill matching I've seen in a game, again from my experience. I'm not denying that others have had issues, however, those issues have no bearing on my opinion of the game because they don't have any effect on me.

As annoying and demotivating as it makes it to play on your main account, it doesn't mean the system is bad.

It makes me want to quit this game completly.

I also have no idea why this is happening all of a sudden. I wasn't that high in SWAT and Slayer last season and also never had this problem untill a week ago. Just won 3 games against high Onyx people and ranked up 3 CSR again. Lost 1 game against other champs and rank down 25 CSR. Meanwhile my teammates rank up and down just fine.

It's bad and it's broken!

You mean actually making these weapons desirable as pickups when placed on map?

I know the PC buff is huge and will make it deadly on a map like Empire. Also the skillgap to hit charged shots will be there too.

Maybe. But it doesn't fix any if the game's issues.

pistol power is fine

Lol

Honestly didn't know there was a single user here who didn't understand the need for a pistol buff.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can't see much wrong with the pistol. I only ever switch it out if there's a BR close by. It's by far my favourite starting weapon since the H1 Pistol probably. I can see why some people would invite a buff, but it's not even close to being the number one problem with the game. 

I don't seem to die much from automatics either, and if I do, it's usually because i've rushed around a corner on my own with no awareness, - plays like that deserve to get melted by an SMG.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess it stands to reason that the tiny amount of people who still regularly play this game like it.

I feel as though the pistol is becoming the new sprint debate where the people who are against the current pistol type out huge essays about why it should change and people who like the current pistol just say "I like it" or "get better" "adapt".

• Upvote (+1) 1

From waypoint

To correctly set expectations, Memories of Reach won’t be here just yet next week, but we’ll continue to keep you updated on specific timing as we get closer to release and all final work is completed, tested, and ready to go out the door.

ghFAb3K.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Opinions etc.

It's objective in a competitive merit sense. Halo 5 would have a deeper teamwork meta and a greater individual skill gap if we spawned with a stronger utility weapon- that's not an opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 9

And that's fine man. Literally no one on here cares that you like Halo 5. Enjoy that shit my dude lol.

I was perfectly content with everything you said in here until the bold. This is what many people (mainly here on Team Beyond) have drawn issue with. This phrase was such a big thing when Halo MCC came out "Oh, it's not happening to me therefore it must be fine!" Lol.. That attitude is what we have a problem with and I'm actually glad you said it because that's exactly what I was looking to point out.

It's not that we don't thoroughly believe you're having a good experience on the game. Different likes and whatnot. It's just that when you're the vocal minority on certain topics, it's hard to influence others that the system is just fine when most of us are saying and experiencing the same thing.

You seem to have conveniently missed out the start of that sentence.

I've not said that it's fine at all. The fact that you have problems with the game sucks and I definitely think 343 should make some changes so that the people affected can have a better experience.

However, me saying that your issues have no bearing on my opinion of the game is completely different from me saying there aren't any issues and that the game is fine.

This whole discussion stemmed from ranking each Halo's multiplayer. I've just been explaining why I ranked H5 as my favourite.

You seem to have conveniently missed out the start of that sentence.

I've not said that it's fine at all. The fact that you have problems with the game sucks and I definitely think 343 should make some changes so that the people affected can have a better experience.

However, me saying that your issues have no bearing on my opinion of the game is completely different from me saying there aren't any issues and that the game is fine.

This whole discussion stemmed from ranking each Halo's multiplayer. I've just been explaining why I ranked H5 as my favourite.

Fair enough man lol. I think you got my point though.

Its pretty obvious that the ONI Card is the Falcon.

I'm wondering if a Falcon would even be useful in WZ unless it had explosive turret rounds. The gunners will be sitting ducks considering all the ping you from a mile away and high magnetism weapons.