CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

These are the types of people you match with when you search alone... This guys was freaking out the whole game!

EDIT: I'm also glad that I'm able to get platinum and gold players on my team when matching against other diamonds. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

These are the types of people you match with when you search alone... This guys was freaking out the whole game!

EDIT: I'm also glad that I'm able to get platinum and gold players on my team when matching against other diamonds. 

At least those guys have mics. Everyone in Onyx/Champ are either in a party, or no mic's.

At least those guys have mics. Everyone in Onyx/Champ are either in a party, or no mic's.

This. 

Can't even recall the last time I even heard someone in game chat in Onyx/Champ lol.

Yeah I either get matched with people with no mics, or people that just constantly complain about teammates and makes no constructive call outs during the game.

Yeah I either get matched with people with no mics, or people that just constantly complain about teammates and makes no constructive call outs during the game.

I usually put my mic in after the game ends to complain about my teammates. Is there another way to go about this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I usually put my mic in after the game ends to complain about my teammates. Is there another way to go about this?

Git gud

I honestly fail to see anything good about this game.

The ranking system is absolutely terrible. The placement matches are a joke. There's no party restriction so you constantly match teams of 4s.

Even when you're platinum you match teams of 4 of onyx and champions. So, what exactly is the point of having a ranking system at all?

There's 7 different divisions if you count Champion as one but it seems like there is only 3.

One thing everybody praises a ranking system for is equally skilled matches. What part of 3 diamonds + 1 platinum against 4 Onyx players is fair?

H5 has the worst dedicated servers I've ever seen. You get constant lag spikes and I'm pretty sure the refresh rate of the server is 5hz considering BF4 has like 20hz servers and the registration is 10x better on that game.

The aiming is compete trash. Feel like you're constantly dragging it in mud. It also changes based on the server. You could be playing on 4 sens one server than be playing on 2 the next.

The UI looks like it was made in 2003. Has absolutely nothing to it. About as barebones as you can get regarding features.

Theater is broken. A game from 2007 had a better theater.

Sniper basically aims itself so anybody can use it. Railgun is basically a Rocket sniper, picking it up is basically free kills. An inconsistent Scattershot, you could shoot them in the chest 2 feet away and just make them half shields or you could aim at their feet from 1ft away and get a kill.

Ground pound is the easiest thing to do right behind Spartan charge you don't even have to be near them to make them one shot with the ground pound.

Honestly what's good about this game? The gameplay is mediocre. This game would of been completely dead within the first 2 weeks if it didn't have "Halo" in the name.

I don't really find pity in posts like these anymore. You complain, and what do you do 5 minutes later? You jump on the game again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I honestly fail to see anything good about this game.

The ranking system is absolutely terrible. The placement matches are a joke. There's no party restriction so you constantly match teams of 4s.

Even when you're platinum you match teams of 4 of onyx and champions. So, what exactly is the point of having a ranking system at all?

There's 7 different divisions if you count Champion as one but it seems like there is only 3.

One thing everybody praises a ranking system for is equally skilled matches. What part of 3 diamonds + 1 platinum against 4 Onyx players is fair?

H5 has the worst dedicated servers I've ever seen. You get constant lag spikes and I'm pretty sure the refresh rate of the server is 5hz considering BF4 has like 20hz servers and the registration is 10x better on that game.

The aiming is compete trash. Feel like you're constantly dragging it in mud. It also changes based on the server. You could be playing on 4 sens one server than be playing on 2 the next.

The UI looks like it was made in 2003. Has absolutely nothing to it. About as barebones as you can get regarding features.

Theater is broken. A game from 2007 had a better theater.

Sniper basically aims itself so anybody can use it. Railgun is basically a Rocket sniper, picking it up is basically free kills. An inconsistent Scattershot, you could shoot them in the chest 2 feet away and just make them half shields or you could aim at their feet from 1ft away and get a kill.

Ground pound is the easiest thing to do right behind Spartan charge you don't even have to be near them to make them one shot with the ground pound.

Honestly what's good about this game? The gameplay is mediocre. This game would of been completely dead within the first 2 weeks if it didn't have "Halo" in the name.

It has the single best Forge we have ever had and its continually getting better. The huge support for competitive gaming we are getting from Microsoft and 343 is also good. If you look at everything as something terrible then you'll never see anything good.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't really find pity in posts like these anymore. You complain, and what do you do 5 minutes later? You jump on the game again.

"Bu.. But there's nothing else like halo, what else am I going to play".

• Upvote (+1) 2

New Radar suggestion:  Other that removing it (which would be ideal obviously)

But if 343 wanted to keep radar in for casuals and to keep playlists and gametypes similar, my suggestion is to have radar only show players who are sprinting.  Players walking/running at "normal" spartan speed will no longer show up on radar, same as players crouching.

This essentially does a few things:

1. It would keep playlists and setting more similar for the population as a whole.

2. Crouching would have a much less incentive since you will be able to move around faster and still not show up on radar.

3. In a way Nerfs sprinting and gives less incentive to sprint since yes, you will get to battles quicker, but now this would be the only way you would show up on radar and in turn give up your positioning.  This point also creates a new "meta" if you want to call it that, where it becomes a skill knowing when to sprint, when not to give up your position, flank etc.

What is everyone thoughts on this idea?  Once again, this is what I would like to see happen IF 343 is not willing to remove radar from the game, or atleast HCS settings

So I tried changing my controller settings last night so I could jump and thrust without taking my fingers off the sticks, but after an hour or so I just got so frustrated that I switched it back to what I'm comfortable with. I know it's a huge advantage to be able to jump/thrust while aiming, but man I really don't think it's worth the frustration of going through at least a couple days of getting wrecked over and over again.

I've played halo with A as jump my entire life; at this point I just don't think I want to unlearn that. I assume I'm in the minority because almost everybody I see on here uses bumper jumper or paddles, but whatevs I'm not going pro anytime soon.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

New Radar suggestion:  Other that removing it (which would be ideal obviously)

But if 343 wanted to keep radar in for casuals and to keep playlists and gametypes similar, my suggestion is to have radar only show players who are sprinting.  Players walking/running at "normal" spartan speed will no longer show up on radar, same as players crouching.

This essentially does a few things:

1. It would keep playlists and setting more similar for the population as a whole.

2. Crouching would have a much less incentive since you will be able to move around faster and still not show up on radar.

3. In a way Nerfs sprinting and gives less incentive to sprint since yes, you will get to battles quicker, but now this would be the only way you would show up on radar and in turn give up your positioning.  This point also creates a new "meta" if you want to call it that, where it becomes a skill knowing when to sprint, when not to give up your position, flank etc.

What is everyone thoughts on this idea?  Once again, this is what I would like to see happen IF 343 is not willing to remove radar from the game, or atleast HCS settings

Fuck Radar!!!

No compromise.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It has the single best Forge we have ever had and its continually getting better. The huge support for competitive gaming we are getting from Microsoft and 343 is also good. If you look at everything as something terrible then you'll never see anything good.

Why would I care about a great Forge when the gameplay sucks? If anything that makes it even more frustrating; we have an amazing Forge mode for mediocre gameplay.

Here's your shit sandwich, but the bread is really good!

• Upvote (+1) 9

And this is why I say 1-50 was so much better and just way simpler.  Also it gives you a true incentive to get the rank, instead of grinding for something you're just going to lose in a month.  Lame.

• Upvote (+1) 5

We do not negotiate with casuals.

Yeah, I would rather have no radar, than a shit radar that is cluttering my HUD.

And this is why I say 1-50 was so much better and just way simpler.  Also it gives you a true incentive to get the rank, instead of grinding for something you're just going to lose in a month.  Lame.

1-50 was pretty unique. You can still do all the same boosting etc. I say bring it back, they changed it to a generic MOBA/RTS type ranking system. Same with the spartan ranks, lets take out unique names and symbols and give them generic white numbers....

• Upvote (+1) 4

I just constantly complain about myself.