CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

??? The further the bullets travel, the more they will deviate due to spread... you can shoot from far away, then look from up close.

Except they all fire in straight lines. None of the rounds actually originate from the chamber, but rather start and finish within the same parallel trajectory. Because they're hitscan.

Oh I just watched the Halo bulletin. The guy is talking about the rocket launcher "classic UNSC rocket launcher should be familiar to most Halo fans...." 

completely changed as a green tube launcher which is noting like the old one. Got a laugh out of that 

Going to vote for the Hydra though 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Except they all fire in straight lines. None of the bullets actually originate from the chamber, but rather start and finish within the same parallel trajectory. Because they're hitscan.

Right, which is why spread is irrelevant inside RRR. Outside RRR, it's CE/H3 all over again, right?

New shots of the Halo 5 Rocket Launcher and Hydra MLRS:

Hydra

h5-mp-beta-regret-hydra-537c8c6ba4594e29

BCnZT49.jpg

swYy82L.jpg

Rocket Launcher

h5-mp-beta-pegasus-throwing-rocks-5e51e8

Rb1rpZU.jpg

UrZdaoi.png

343 really needs to take a look at the color "blue" again. That blue spartan is damn near purple. How do you mess up coloring spartans?

• Upvote (+1) 6

I hope they get the NPC Spartans in Halo 5 at least at equal to the player, I dunno but it was mind boggling how Reach-like the Recruit NPC's in Halo 4 compared to the visually inferior player models. They even had solid black hydrostatic meshes (under suits).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow Halo 5 looks good graphically. The spartans look like I'd want them to look. A mix of Halo 3s and Halo 4s. Has the graphical style of Halo 4 but without the shimmer? I don't know how to explain. More grit from Halo 3. It'd like it to be a little bit darker like Halo 3 but still looks good. 

Ive said this a few days ago too. a mix of 3 and 4. love it

Right, which is why spread is irrelevant inside RRR. Outside RRR, it's CE/H3 all over again, right?

In general, it depends on the strength of the bullet magnetism, the spread (or lack thereof), and how close you have to be to actually register an RRR.

But, even assuming that the correlation is enough to where RRRs are almost always hits, we're talking about automatic weaponry who's spread increases so dramatically that even magnetism doesn't guarantee hits. Not to mention that (as far as I know) Halo 5 is hitscan, so shot lead is unnecessary. Rounds, in-game, are all registered within whatever pattern the spread will allow for. In other words, a bullet will never leave your reticule (unless affected by magnetism) no matter the distance. Because they are all fired within the same parallel trajectory, and because they're hitscan, they will always hit exactly where the spread RNG dictates if RRR is not in effect.

So I just re-read Josh Holmes' ( @@Sal1ent ) post which dropped a huge knowledge bomb about why certain things are still included in Halo 5 and I noticed this little snippet:

Now please tell me I'm reading this wrong, I seriously hope I am but is he saying that both Spartan Charge and Ground Pound are only in the game to make people go 'wow' in a competitive match?

Please, somebody tell me I'm wrong :/

On principle, you're wrong.

Objectively, I'm sorry.

TFW they don't give us the GL but they do give us a Missile weapon that locks on to enemies for 4v4 play. Pls 343, give us the GL.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Honestly, Halo 5 looks better to me than 4 and Reach. It seems fair and predictable again. I just don't know how the abilities will go, I don't like the ground pound at all.

It seems like too many in the community forgets about V7 when mentioning Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's a very good point. No one really tested how much spread is changed when scoped but from my experience I don't think the unscoped spreaod is large enough that being able to land a shot on the opponents body is ever a problem.

With the difference in spread, it's unavoidable that at a certain range, the advantage absolutely will kick in for the scoped player. It may not happen at close range for BRs and DMRs, but the problem will present itself when players are far enough away from each other. The distance with which it comes into effect will depend on the weapon.

I really hope 343 scraps it for the release version because it improves nothing yet diminishes the quality of gunfights.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shit, if CoD had forge and player trait options, we could make a decent competitive Halo game. the power of forge.

• Upvote (+1) 2

??? The further the bullets travel, the more they will deviate due to spread... you can shoot from far away, then look from up close.

And the farther the wall is from you, the smaller the deviation will appear

If you took a box, fired at the box a bunch, then pulled it backwards some, then shot at it some more, then kept doing it, the pattern is going to be the roughly same size on your screen at all times

You just need to view how much surface area it covers on the screen and you can easily visualize how much the bullets will spread at whatever ranges

Because it's only one game type, far different from the game most experienced. Reach was shit.

TFW they don't give us the GL but they do give us a Missile weapon that locks on to enemies for 4v4 play. Pls 343, give us the GL.

They think Sprint is good for Halo, yet you expect them to add the GL? HA

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the farther the wall is from you, the smaller the deviation will appear

If you took a box, fired at the box a bunch, then pulled it backwards some, then shot at it some more, then kept doing it, the pattern is going to be the roughly same size on your screen at all times

You just need to view how much surface area it covers on the screen and you can easily visualize how much the bullets will spread at whatever ranges

But what matters is where the bullets hit, and their spread - not what it looks like from a distance away.

They think Sprint is good for Halo, yet you expect them to add the GL? HA

The only reason they keep advocating for sprint is because they know that in order for halo to stay competitive for years to come and relevant with "modern gamers" or the cod masses is too add sprint. Classic simplistic Halo as well all know and love is gone unfortunately.

This happens to me all the time. I try out some weapon every player is using, find out its power-to-skill ratio is way out of wack (and therefore not rewarding), move on to a high skill, high reward weapon, come back when that becomes too frustrating, and realize I am physically not capable of stooping to that level anymore.

I hate it when a game forces me to make that decision, because it never really does; you can either win or be honorable, never both. Why, game, why?

I can't be the only one who have stayed away from games with ADS over the years because it didn't feel right after playing for Halo for so long.

You're definitely not the only one. I don't enjoy aiming in CoD/BF/Titanfall cause of this. It's very sad EVERY new FPS has it. ADS doesn't belong to Halo, IMHO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only reason they keep advocating for sprint is because they know that in order for halo to stay competitive for years to come and relevant with "modern gamers" or the cod masses is too add sprint. Classic simplistic Halo as well all know and love is gone unfortunately.

Explain Counter Strike's relevancy please

• Upvote (+1) 5