CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

They're six to seven days from each other. If you're going to voice your complaints, you'd be more fruitful if you give attention to what your complaint is.

November Sneak Peak > Prepare for BTB: 10 Days

Prepare for BTB > Cartographers Gift sneak peek: 18 days apart

Cartographers Gift sneak peek > Opening Statements : 35 days apart

Opening Statements: > Whole New Ball game: 28 days apart

Whole New Ball game > Hammer Storm Preview: 7 days apart

Hammer Storm Preview > The Storm is Coming/NA regionals: 7 Day apart

The Storm is Coming/NA regionals > The Calm Before the Storm: 21 days apart

The Calm Before the Storm > Community Battlegrounds: 14 days apart

Community Battlegrounds > Meridian Awaits: 6 days apart

Meridian Awaits > Campaign Relief: 15 days apart

Wasn't trying to sound like an dick, or whatever. I was just thinking maybe an actual weekly update would be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Wasn't trying to sound like an dick, or whatever. I was just thinking maybe an actual weekly update would be nice.

We do have Weekly Bulletins though.

Usually when they're skipped, it's because there's an event on (HCS) or a holiday. They'll also skip one if there's a live stream that week because it all gets covered on there.

If they don't have anything to say, I'm cool with them skipping a week or two.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its working for Trump.

Dumb stuff was said, scratch it.

you're not wrong but.....not the thread for that.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're overanalyzing. We've gotten an update every week barring holidays, HCS Events, or lifestreams (which serves as the medium for the update)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have a 30% win rate in Slayer and Arena this season. I've had slightly over 50% in every season previous to this. Please do something about the ranking. If I'm this bad, let me play bad players who aren't in teams of 4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have a 30% win rate in Slayer and Arena this season. I've had slightly over 50% in every season previous to this. Please do something about the ranking. If I'm this bad, let me play bad players who aren't in teams of 4.

Population is dropping and higher level people can't get matches causing 343 to loosen the skill requirements and in turn causing a worse MM experience for everyone making more people stop playing. The downfall has already started, no update in the future will bring more players to play the game than when the game first came out. 

They need to rework the ranks or the playlists themselves or both. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

zRl5zBo.jpg

Meanwhile in console-land...everyone enjoys the game...

Imagine how hard PC players would shit on h5 if it were released on steam.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Population is dropping and higher level people can't get matches causing 343 to loosen the skill requirements and in turn causing a worse MM experience for everyone making more people stop playing. The downfall has already started, no update in the future will bring more players to play the game than when the game first came out.

The problem is party restrictions. I don't buy the low population argument because H3 had party restrictions and you could find games in MLG even with 200 players in the list.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

When the gameplay can't keep people engaged, everything else falls apart. Until one of these updates actually changes the base gameplay or weapon balance, nothing meaningful will happen.

• Upvote (+1) 4

PC players are in general more perceptive of the games they play, given that their brains are always turned on when they use their PC to play games, console gamers pop in a disk and don't have to worry about shit, and don't get me wrong, I love that about consoles, they're simple and easy to use, and I still have fun with the games I play on them, but that simplicity in tech has birthed a simplistically thinking player base.

This is why they probably don't like doom, they are in "microscope" mode all the time, console players aren't, and that's why they typically like games like doom and halo 5 more than the former does on average.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is why they probably don't like doom, they are in "microscope" mode all the time, console players aren't, and that's why they typically like games like doom and halo 5 more than the former does on average.

Agreed.

Not thinking critically about gameplay is necessary to enjoy h5.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Agreed.

Not thinking critically about gameplay is necessary to enjoy h5.

Well PC players are just incapable of turning their brains off to enjoy stuff, console players can do that, that is a gift they have that PC players don't.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

"Games need to evolve"

"Get with the times"

"Nostalgia" 

"We're spartans"

The future that will be running the country ladies and gentlemen! Glisten upon it! Take in the energy! Do you feel that? It's called stupidity and I'm so sick of it I kind of want to leave the United States and form my own country that is comprised of people who have simple comprehension skills and the talent to analyze reality. If not you're clam-chowder. 

Seriously. I can feel my blood pressure rise reading shit like this on waypoint. No personal disrespect to waypoint, but holy shit kids, what the fuck are they teaching these people in schools now? Private/home school your kids people. It's for the greater good in every aspect of life. I just don't understand how people use their eyes but don't receive input. It's like the average prick our age is on auto-pilot and just regurgitates everything the other morons say. Over 5 years of solid evidence of how negative sprint is, and yet.....I still see the "well you're just in the past and have no evidence." FACTUAL evidence has been posted countless times on multiple websites the past five years!!! What rock do you have to live under at this point? lmaoooo

MOTHER FUCKING USE THAT FUCKING GOOGLE AND EDUCATE YOURSELF FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE! 

/rant

Like I'm not even mad that they make these justifications, its just that I don't know if they understand the implications and the changes in gameplay that happen when they add a new feature. If some advocate came out from Waypoint and made a video Cursed Lemon/BDobbins style stating that they understand that Sprint, Spartan Abilites, and a "Balanced" sandbox ultimately change the experience of the game I would be cool with everything. But sometimes I get the feeling that changes fly over peoples heads and people state that this Halo game is just like any other regular Halo game, when really the lines are getting blurred.

This is the reason why it'd be cool if we had a game that adhered to Arena principles so that every year we would know that the game wouldn't change. As Lemon said "Halo never gets better, it just gets different." rings true, I don't care that people like sprint, I don't care that people want immersion, I don't care that people want to be super soliders. But if I'm going to be honest with you I fell in love with Halo because of the gameplay and not the story. Hell I've played every single Halo game (excluding Halo Wars and Spartan Assualt) and I barely even know the story. Fuck I barely know what a Gravemind is, but I just love the way the game played in the original trilogy. A part of me feels salty knowing that 343 is catering to the "Immersion" crowd then the "Gameplay" crowd. But hey its not my franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Warzone Firefight is gone now. A lot of you nerds really did fucking work on getting commendations done! Can't wait for the full release of the gamemode! 

PC players are in general more perceptive of the games they play, given that their brains are always turned on when they use their PC to play games, console gamers pop in a disk and don't have to worry about shit, and don't get me wrong, I love that about consoles, they're simple and easy to use, and I still have fun with the games I play on them, but that simplicity in tech has birthed a simplistically thinking player base.

That's certainly a... generous description of the PC-gaming community. That might be arguable as a general trend, but let's be honest here: most of the negative reviews of Doom were not particularly articulate. There were, however, pretty up their own asses about console gaming, console shooters, CoD, etc. The negative reviews of that beta were not a fine display of the incredibly discerning taste of the Master Race™.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall 2 apparently has wall-running.

Ergo, Halo 6 will have wall-running.

We should have a community betting pool. I'll literally put down $10 that Halo 6 has wall-running.

That's certainly a... generous description of the PC-gaming community. That might be arguable as a general trend, but let's be honest here: most of the negative reviews of Doom were not particularly articulate. There were, however, pretty up their own asses about console gaming, console shooters, CoD, etc. The negative reviews of that beta were not a fine display of the incredibly discerning taste of the Master Race™.

perhaps not, I'm just speaking generally, but there are idiots in every community.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't TF1 have wall running? Nowhere to be seen in Halo..

Neither did Call of Duty when Advanced Warfare came out, and now it has it with BLOPS3 and now potentially with the newer CoD coming out this year before they are going FAR into the future. It's only time when Halo will.