CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Snipers should be rotational, not permanent. Dunno if you were implying that or not.

I think snipers personally should be permanent. But that's my inner Halo 2 and Halo 3 talking so you have to excuse me.

I had no idea what you meant since we are all terminology scientists here haha.

We never did find out which was Aim Assist vs. Magnetism though...

*Sees italics and wonders if it's sarcasm* :thinking: lol 

Well for those who never got it, Aim Assist is when your reticule moves slower when an opponent is within range (RRR in Halo) to keep your aim a little steadier.

Bullet Magnetism is what you see with the Bolt Shot except not as dramatic. For instance, the H2 sniper is a little more forgiving than the CE sniper. In H2 the reticule can be a smidgen to the right of a helmet and it will hit. A smidgen to the right of a helmet in CE, will miss.

*Sees italics and wonders if it's sarcasm* :thinking: lol 

Well for those who never got it, Aim Assist is when your reticule moves slower when an opponent is within range (RRR in Halo) to keep your aim a little steadier.

Bullet Magnetism is what you see with the Bolt Shot except not as dramatic. For instance, the H2 sniper is a little more forgiving than the CE sniper. In H2 the reticule can be a smidgen to the right of a helmet and it will hit. A smidgen to the right of a helmet in CE, will miss.

It's a joke because what you just described is exactly what we assumed (and for the most part still assume) but in an episode of The Sprint, one of the Sandbox guys literally said it was the exact opposite (vice versa-d).

Most people assume he slipped up and flip flopped by accident though, so I was prodding.

It's a joke because what you just described is exactly what we assumed (and for the most part still assume) but in an episode of The Sprint, one of the Sandbox guys literally said it was the exact opposite (vice versa-d).

Most people assume he slipped up and flip flopped by accident though, so I was prodding.

Oh okay I had a feeling I was missing a joke somewhere lol; I never watched The Sprint episodes. Yeah he probably just made an easy slip up because Aim Assist and Bullet Magnetism literally have the explanations in the names.

I think I'm officially retiring from the Arena playlist. I miss playing great gametypes like Rig and Plaza Strongholds, Coliseum Flag, Truth TS...but you get those 1/4 times now, if that. It's just Assault and DLC maps.

Gotta say I'm super excited for infection.

Definitely really excited to see the custom games come out of it, that's for sure. We used to play a Duck Hunt variant in The 4 that had a gauss hog rather than a sniper. Was so much fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely really excited to see the custom games come out of it, that's for sure. We used to play a Duck Hunt variant in The 4 that had a gauss hog rather than a sniper. Was so much fun.

Yea. Can't wait. I hope 343 adds all the cool secondary modes to an Action Shack playlists.

Gotta say I'm super excited for infection.

I can't wait to find out how 343 fucks it up. I've finally reached that point where I know better than to get excited for anything they announce. Something will be wrong, I just know it.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

I think I'm officially retiring from the Arena playlist. I miss playing great gametypes like Rig and Plaza Strongholds, Coliseum Flag, Truth TS...but you get those 1/4 times now, if that. It's just Assault and DLC maps.

I constantly play all of those games(types) you mentioned

Decided to hop on Waypoint and look at the trending topics for the heck of it... And color me surprised Halo Waypoint.. There are people getting tired of sprint.  And people agreeing..  :huh:

Where am I? Lol. Never thought I'd see this in April. Good job Waypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Decided to hop on Waypoint and look at the trending topics for the heck of it... And color me surprised Halo Waypoint.. There are people getting tired of sprint.  And people agreeing..  :huh:

Where am I? Lol. Never thought I'd see this in April. Good job Waypoint.

7drHiqr.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

The level design is pretty ass Multi but that's because of the clamber stuff and the no weapons on map shenanigans.

The strafe in the game is pretty piss poor also. The fact you can't double jump in another direction also sucks.

Game is super mediocre, and is pretty much running around in corridors. Only good thing about it is no Sprint.

Game has been negged for a reason on Steam.

No weapons on map is more a game design issue than level design.  The layouts of the levels themselves are pretty awesome.

I'm not denying anything else you said, because I agree on them.  The game is a watered down, stupid modernized compromised version of a real arena shooter.  But I STILL enjoy it more than Halo 5.  I just enjoy the base mechanics of the game, no sprint is fun.  The fast(ish) movement is fun, the weapons are fun (albeit weak).  I know what you're saying.

Low key hoping for a Zealot remake for Memories of Reach w/ MLG Weapon Layout :prayers:

... I hate you, Salot... Err, I mean TB 343 shill Infinity.

For real? Never appeared for me until the other day.

As in, the actual gamerpicture was late.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Low key hoping for a Zealot remake for Memories of Reach w/ MLG Weapon Layout  :prayers:

Reach had the worlds most average maps looking back. Countdown was a poor-man's Construct, Zealot was Midship flattened out, forge remakes that weren't particularly well-suited to the differences in gameplay, and a few original forge maps that didn't compliment the spawn system (with the exception of Nexus).

As much as I hate to say this, the best candidates for a remake IMO are Narrows and Haven.

Low key hoping for a Zealot remake for Memories of Reach w/ MLG Weapon Layout  :prayers:

Low key hoping we never get anymore remakes :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach had the worlds most average maps looking back. Countdown was a poor-man's Construct, Zealot was Midship flattened out, forge remakes that weren't particularly well-suited to the differences in gameplay, and a few original forge maps that didn't compliment the spawn system (with the exception of Nexus).

As much as I hate to say this, the best candidates for a remake IMO are Narrows and Haven.

I think Narrows is far more uninspired than anything Reach had for competitive play. Maybe that's just me but I think that map is just so linear and boring and a lot of its love is chalked up to nostalgia. 

I'd be down with a Haven remake or even Construct or Guardian.

Better than a remix

You know, if 343 never mentioned the word remix when talking about Overgrowth and Riptide, I guarantee that most people wouldn't even mention it. 

Bad maps in some cases? Sure. But the maps being bad isn't because of it being a remix.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, if 343 never mentioned the word remix when talking about Overgrowth and Riptide, I guarantee that most people wouldn't even mention it.

Bad maps in some cases? Sure. But the maps being bad isn't because of it being a remix.

[insert 343 is lazy comment here]

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some cases? What post launch map is even half decent? 

Edit: 343 Defense Force Assemble!!!! 

Some cases? What post launch map is even half decent? 

Edit: 343 Defense Force Assemble!!!! 

Overgrowth strongholds. Tyrant Assault.

But I suppose I'm a shill for saying that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Overgrowth strongholds. Tyrant Assault.

But I suppose I'm a shill for saying that.

No your subjective opinion is just wrong tho :kappa:

Overgrowth sucks balls for anything imo, Tyrant seems ok but I have not played it in arena yet