CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not really. You posted that picture purely to invoke a response, and it was probably a negative one. If it were me, I'd have banned you from here for doing the exact same thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't post anything to 'invoke a response' I posted a picture of members of my company wearing the helmet in front of a barn, talking about/ joking about farming is not against the rules of the forums, so saying you would ban me for that, or that you'd ban me because you think i'm an ass just shows how unprofessional you would be as a mod.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I didn't post anything to 'invoke a response' I posted a picture of members of my company wearing the helmet in front of a barn, talking about/ joking about farming is not against the rules of the forums, so saying you would ban me for that, or that you'd ban me because you think i'm an ass just shows how unprofessional you would be as a mod.

What about that thread you made a few days ago that was a ridiculously obvious trolling attempt? No one gives a shit if you are "good" at Warzone with your sweaty team I promise you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If only you knew. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

***Moved this over to this thread since it fit here more and mine was locked. Looks like we need something to talk about in here anyways***   :wink:

Here is a good base list of playlist changes i would like to see happen to give us a more well rounded matchmaking experience. Obviously not perfect but i think it provides a good foundation to build on.

Ranked:

Team Arena (reworked to just have HCS game types)

Team Slayer (mix of regular slayer and snipers) 

Team Doubles (prob just have slayer, not sure what obj gametypes work best for doubles, maybe ctf and oddball?)

Free For All (would like to maybe see some KoTH in here or something, not sure if thats good but sounds fun, maybe even snipers?)

Team Objective (Ctf, Assault, Strongholds, Hopefully Oddball and KoTH, and would also like to see 1 flag, attack/defend 1 bomb, maybe even a tweaked breakout with a better objective victory option)

Big Team Battle (mix of slayer and objective)

Social:

Social Team Slayer: (same as ranked)

Social Team Objective: (same as ranked

Social Big Team Battle: (same as ranked)

Social FFA: (same as ranked)

Action Sack: (playlist featuring all the random goofy game types)

"Rotating Weekly Social": (would be a week long highlight of a single action sack game type.)

This playlist arrangement looks pretty cool to me, might need to add in some more permanent social to appease the casual crowd but i tried to keep the playlist count lower (12 total) for population reasons. Feedback would be appreciated, maybe we can make an officlal list we all like and attempt to send it to 343? try to get some of the pros behind it? Dreamin big here boys and girls. 

Farming is a hot topic in the community and you and the rest of the spartan companies that do it constantly post online, looking for reactions. That barn picture was purely that and it has got to be the most childish thing I've ever seen.

I see you as a shit member of this community who takes pride in farming people in Warzone and I'd ban you because I think you will bring the Halo community nothing but negativity. Heck, look at your reputation bar - red. Then there's these posts: 

Then there's this topic: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13149-ask-satisvy-anything-a-warzone-pro 

I think you will never contribute positively to beyond, r/halo, waypoint, etc - similar to reiku78 while he was still around. He was permanently banned from Beyond at least 6 times on alternate accounts, while constantly bashing the website on Twitter. He would move to other websites like Halo Waypoint and r/halo and get banned from there too.

Whenever someone calls you on your shit, you just pass it off and call them salty. It's so sad to see.

Some people are just negative as hell and you are one of those people. That's why I'd ban you.

I'm done with this. I don't know why but you and your friends need this attention for some reason and seek a response. I know I'm contributing to that so I'm not helping.

@@Satisvy

How does it feel to be more pooped on than T2?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Worth mentioning that's a beta version of Orion.

The actual lighting is leagues better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

***Moved this over to this thread since it fit here more and mine was locked. Looks like we need something to talk about in here anyways***   :wink:

Here is a good base list of playlist changes i would like to see happen to give us a more well rounded matchmaking experience. Obviously not perfect but i think it provides a good foundation to build on.

Ranked:

Team Arena (reworked to just have HCS game types)

Team Doubles (prob just have slayer, not sure what obj gametypes work best for doubles, maybe ctf and oddball?)

Free For All (would like to maybe see some KoTH in here or something, not sure if thats good but sounds fun, maybe even snipers?)

Team Objective (Ctf, Assault, Strongholds, Hopefully Oddball and KoTH, and would also like to see 1 flag, attack/defend 1 bomb, maybe even a tweaked breakout with a better objective victory option)

Big Team Battle (mix of slayer and objective)

Social:

Social Team Slayer: (same as ranked)

Social Team Objective: (same as ranked

Social Big Team Battle: (same as ranked)

Social FFA: (same as ranked)

Action Sack: (playlist featuring all the random goofy game types)

"Rotating Weekly Social": (would be a week long highlight of a single action sack game type.)

This playlist arrangement looks pretty cool to me, might need to add in some more permanent social to appease the casual crowd but i tried to keep the playlist count lower (12 total) for population reasons. Feedback would be appreciated, maybe we can make an officlal list we all like and attempt to send it to 343? try to get some of the pros behind it? Dreamin big here boys and girls. 

Bad list for a few reasons:

1. Less is more. Condensing playlists to increase population of skill pools is vitally important
  2. Duplicate playlists are redundant and don't belong (despite what previous Halo games did) because they put a divide between a single audience
  3. Fewer Ranked playlists are better

Ranked

• Team Arena
  • Free-for-All
  • (Team Doubles)

Social

• Slayer
  • SWAT
  • BTB
  • Breakout (this honestly could even become Rotational due to low player base)

Rotational/Weekend/2XP/2RP

• Grifball
  • Infection
  • Race
  • Snipers
  • Multi-Team
  • Head to Head (1v1 Ranked)
  • and More...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ranked:

Whats with everyones obsession with butchering the ranked ts playlist?  I see some people want stuff like this and I see other people who don't even want it ranked at all.  Do people not realize there are tons of people who exclusivity play slayer and nothing else?

• Upvote (+1) 2

My god... multi team is such good fun. Played about 20 games of it last night with a couple of friends who have just picked up Halo 5. We haven't all played Halo together since Halo 3. Had a great time but it's a shame it's not a permanent playlist.

Think they need a bit of practice though  :wutface:

OQcDiyf.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

WTF< I am getting crap tons of lag.

Like, Why the fuck am I playing Mexicans>

Connections have got bad for me too. I've stopped playing at the moment because of it.

WTF< I am getting crap tons of lag.

Like, Why the fuck am I playing Mexicans>

You're in NZ, it's probably terrible for you. Here in Canada I have been experiencing exponentially worse lag since the latest update. Need to land one more shot for a kill? Massive lag spike that results in a trade or near death. Charging the Railgun? Here's some lag so you miss.

The Mexicans part is also completely true for me. Pretty much every game played yesterday had a couple, and all of them had shoddy hit reg. I've come to despise South American gamers from my time spent on GoW and BF4 pc. It's at the point where even their gamertags piss me off as they always include "Mexi", "Hue", "Br", or some name like "Carlos" preceded and followed by multiple "X's."

1. Less is more. Condensing playlists to increase population of skill pools is vitally important
  2. Duplicate playlists are redundant and don't belong (despite what previous Halo games did) because they put a divide between a single audience
  3. Fewer Ranked playlists are better

Ranked

• Team Arena
  • Free-for-All
  • (Team Doubles)

Social

• Slayer
  • SWAT
  • BTB

• Grifball
  • Infection
  • Race
  • Snipers
  • Multi-Team
  • and More...

After clicking on your link and reading your reasoning you have me somewhat convinced about your changes and i understand your reasoning. would prob do some tweaking to the social lists for my personal lists but the ranked looks pretty good. I guess im just stuck in the old way of playlists, back when we had the population for just about every gamemode to have its own playlist and ranking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Farming is a hot topic in the community and you and the rest of the spartan companies that do it constantly post online, looking for reactions. That barn picture was purely that and it has got to be the most childish thing I've ever seen.

I see you as a shit member of this community who takes pride in farming people in Warzone and I'd ban you because I think you will bring the Halo community nothing but negativity. Heck, look at your reputation bar - red. Then there's these posts: 

Then there's this topic: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/13149-ask-satisvy-anything-a-warzone-pro 

I think you will never contribute positively to beyond, r/halo, waypoint, etc - similar to reiku78 while he was still around. He was permanently banned from Beyond at least 6 times on alternate accounts, while constantly bashing the website on Twitter. He would move to other websites like Halo Waypoint and r/halo and get banned from there too.

Whenever someone calls you on your shit, you just pass it off and call them salty. It's so sad to see.

Some people are just negative as hell and you are one of those people. That's why I'd ban you.

I'm done with this. I don't know why but you and your friends need this attention for some reason and seek a response. I know I'm contributing to that so I'm not helping.

Can you do something like that for me? That was beautiful.

Ranked

• Team Arena
  • Free-for-All
  • (Team Doubles)

Social

• Slayer
  • SWAT
  • BTB

• Grifball
  • Infection
  • Race
  • Snipers
  • Multi-Team
  • and More...

I really like this, #hireinfinity. I might of added making a grifball/infection rotational list where every week it switches between those 2. They are pretty popular and hiding them in a rotational list with 6+ others is too much IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really like this, #hireinfinity. I might of added making a grifball/infection rotational list where every week it switches between those 2. They are pretty popular and hiding them in a rotational list with 6+ others is too much IMO.

You forgot Infinity already works for 343i... as a shill.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, things happened in my game of WZFF.

The same thing happened in one of my friend's games with a tank except it got hit by a warthog coming out of the base. Pretty unfortunate glitch.

• Less is more. Condensing playlists to increase population of skill pools is vitally important
  • Duplicate playlists are redundant and don't belong (despite what previous Halo games did) because they put a divide between a single audience
  • Fewer Ranked playlists are better

Ranked

• Team Arena
  • Free-for-All
  • (Team Doubles)

Social

• Slayer
  • SWAT
  • BTB

• Grifball
  • Infection
  • Race
  • Snipers
  • Multi-Team
  • and More...

This is all very well and good for a game with population issues, but what about for a game that is launching? Wouldn't you say there should be a few more playlists that hang around for a couple months (or longer, if the population doesn't dive) in order not to drive people away because of scarcity of options? I only bring this up because you've been advocating for this kind of playlist design for at least a year--before Halo 5 even launched or was suspected to suffer from a mass exodus--and because most of the feedback in this thread is assumed to be more directed toward Halo 6 than Halo 5.

The whole "population conservation and playlist desegregation" thinking seems like self-fulfilling logic when applied to games at launch, almost expecting them to fail.

Yup that Rotational list is very ambiguous. Some of them can rotate in and out on different intervals, but none of them should ever be permanent.

This is all very well and good for a game with population issues, but what about for a game that is launching? Wouldn't you say there should be a few more playlists that hang around for a couple months (or longer, if the population doesn't dive) in order not to drive people away because of scarcity of options? I only bring this up because you've been advocating for this kind of playlist design for at least a year--before Halo 5 even launched or was suspected to suffer from a mass exodus--and because most of the feedback in this thread is assumed to be more directed toward Halo 6 than Halo 5.

The whole "population conservation and playlist desegregation" thinking seems like self-fulfilling logic when applied to games at launch, almost expecting them to fail.

Even for a game that is launching it's entirely unnecessary. Ranked playlists should remain at a minimum to cater the best experience and the highest population for each skill pool (funnel everyone who wants to play Obj, play HCS, play for ranks, etc. into one playlist).

Social Playlists should offer core experiences in a relaxed unranked environment without oversaturating MM with niches that take away from the game's competitive identity. If it were me I wouldn't even have SWAT as permanent and BTB would have to be reformatted/implemented to even coexist with Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 1