CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Damn, it's almost like they knew gameplay was more important. 

Firefight is canon, some of the biggest battles in UNSC history. 

epic meme ;)

i dont get warzone assault. Aside from killing the enemy before they get your base, how do you defend? Because once they're in your base, i dont see them destroying anything,

they need to bring warzone extraction into the mix

You were in Osiris weren't you? I recognise the name.

Also, lol, why are you perma'd on Waypoint. Please do tell me.

Nazi mods, I posted a picture of my company in front of a barn wearing the Achilles helmet to make fun of the whole achilles = farming thing and apparently that's a ban-able offence :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Satisvy/screenshot/3998796

• Downvote (-1) 1

Weapon Tuning has been hinted several times ever since the Championship ended. We may end up getting a major update alongside the Reach DLC. Kind of hearkens back to 343's TU they made with CE Anniversary. 

If only the hinting turned into real communication. Would be nice to discuss the merits of things they're actually considering.

HCS Gamerpic is available now for everyone (I think)

gamerpic-option-2---square-8bd6daa7fb0a4

Only a few weeks late :P

A buddy of mine once told me that none of the UNSC weapons were practical because they lack iron sights. Electronics can fail, even in the 26th century.

You realize that before Halo 5, all of the "scopes" that you saw on the weapons were physical optics, and were NOT actually related to the zoom function of a Spartan/ODST's HUD, right?

For one, it is simply impossible, or at least, VERY awkward, to properly aim a rifle when you've got a big ass motorcross helmet on. Thus, Spartans and ODSTs have to rely on their HUD's reticule, which essentially acts as the 26th century equivalent of a laser sight, as well as the weapon's Smart-Link optic. The Smart-Link Scope (not to be confused with Halo 5's Smart Scope) is just a camera that provides a magnified feed of the weapon's perspective to the user's HUD.

This is kinda why Halo 5's smart scope is very questionable as a replacement, as it's not entirely clear if they function without a HUD, which appears to add some sort of augmented reality overlay when the smart scope is in use.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What did they do? Fix previous "sandbox updates"? 

That's the beauty of it.

They haven't done anything.

That's the beauty of it.

They haven't done anything.

9kIn68T.gif

Except in this case. They haven't done anything and they don't do things right. Hmm. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

...Looks like a Barn-able offense to me....

Ok, I'll show myself out =)

Ok but for real it's kinda fucked up to get banned for nothing on an official forum,
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok but for real it's kinda fucked up to get banned for nothing on an official forum,

Not really. You posted that picture purely to invoke a response, and it was probably a negative one. If it were me, I'd have banned you from here for doing the exact same thing.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Not really. You posted that picture purely to incite a response, and it was probably a negative one. If it were me, I'd have banned you from here for doing the exact same thing.

A perma ban though?

nope, I would remove the post and probably ban for a day, but permanently is a bit OTT.

• Upvote (+1) 3

A perma ban though?

nope, I would remove the post and probably ban for a day, but permanently is a bit OTT.

Lets be real, most of the people who are involved with these farming companies are asses. If you come to a forum I moderate and instantly start shit, I'm not going to wait for offence 2 or 3, I'm just going to ban you out of the gate.

Judging on this specific person - It would have been a permanent ban. You're free to disagree with me, that's just how I'd do it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Let's be real here, you post all this crap just to make your online dick bigger and start shit that would make you look like the victim, i wouldn't ban you tho because i'm an ass like you  :lxthul:

It still amazes me how they put all these shitty maps and gametypes in Team Arena but haven't put Truth Slayer in the playlist yet.