CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Pretty sure that video of no gauntlets in first person was a work in progress.

Because...the game isn't finished.

Confirmation of how old the build was? .

Next up they'll make the warthog look like a fucking humvee.

Exclusive screenshot of the new Warthog.

tQPwL4y.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

Confirmation of how old the build was? .

Pretty old considering the armor is actually modeled in the beta.

Exclusive screenshot of the new Warthog.

tQPwL4y.png

Lol despite how god awful that looks, I'm inclined to believe this is possibly H5's warthog. Please tell me it's not right?. I'm here wondering would we all be doing better to spam Xbox's or Phil Spencer's twitter telling him 343 need the sack because they are making halo into call of duty. Embarrass head of xbox, give the sony droids fuel to rip on Xbox. Might make them start caring.  :( gettin desperate here. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol despite how god awful that looks, I'm inclined to believe this is possibly H5's warthog. Please tell me it's not right?. I'm here wondering would we all be doing better to spam Xbox's or Phil Spencer's twitter telling him 343 need the sack because they are making halo into call of duty. Embarrass head of xbox, give the sony droids fuel to rip on Xbox. Might make them start caring. :( gettin desperate here.

I hope not, I just did a horrible photoshop job on the COD humvee because I'm bored haha.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I honestly don't care about this that much, the range on the AR and SMG worry me a bit but that can be reduced without messing with Smart Scope. My problem with Smart Scope and saying it's not ADS is that it clearly is because you are literally aiming down the sight of your gun. Sure we have always been doing this but the gun has never been blocking half the screen. I can't be the only one who have stayed away from games with ADS over the years because it didn't feel right after playing for Halo for so long.

At least just give us a toggle after making the animation on smart scope faster so everything can be the same. If someone really wants to have a gun blocking a third of their screen every time they zoom more power to you, good for you. I just don't feel the same way about it, this is a far bigger deal to me than Sprint. Don't get me wrong I fucking hate Sprint but I've sadly learned to live with it. Typing this out is making me realize I feel the same way about Sprint as I do about John Cena lmao.  For anyone who watches wrestling you probably feel the same way about John Cena. Evem after years of half the fans chanting he sucks he still trots out there every night with the same lame shtick.  Okay I need to stop making myself depressed, it's fucking Christmas.

I never fully accepted the "Military iron-sights take over" either that started somewhere in 2007, until then every competitive FPS I had played was R+G style/classic cursor style and its still how I prefer my competitive FPS today. I remember when ironsights/ADS was hated by most PC comp FPS players and seen as a niche mechanic for slow simulator type military shooters. The thought of it ever being acceptable in a high-action Arena-type shooter would of been absurd. Fast-forward to today, and many high action FPS are built around this mechanic which is still pretty ridiculous to me. Just the thought of it in being in Halo because its the "norm" in the AAA market is pretty soul-crushing to me as a long-time competitive FPS gamer.

Freedom of movement+aim in combination will always be more competitive and natural in an Arena-style FPS. The FPS is unique in that it takes advantage of the Y axis in complex ways that other comp gaming genre's aren't built to facilitate. The Arena FPS will always be the best at emphasizing movement+shooting in a 3D space in competitive and complex ways.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Halo is basically suffering from Starcraft 2 Syndrome.

"We are forcing these mechanics/rules into the game and you must obey weather you like it or not MWHAHAHAHA"

H5G will not be a day one purchase. There is just better games out that captivate my attention. 

This game will be worse than H4. It isn't worse than Halo 4 now because its a new experience, but it will, it will.

I hope not I really do...

I read up on the ranking system in H5, atleast that's one thing to look forward to. Lets hope it's not as broken as the mcc ranking system my god now that I think about it has that game got anything right

Luckily for me Treyarchs iteration of CoD is coming out when H5 comes out. Hopefully they stick to the Black Ops 2 style of things.

I read up on the ranking system in H5, atleast that's one thing to look forward to. Lets hope it's not as broken as the mcc ranking system my god now that I think about it has that game got anything right

I'm aware of Josh Menke, but is the beta very good example of his system? Because it's a little concerning to me. It seems too easy to get into the top tier ranks (people getting Pro in the matter of hours). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Luckily for me Treyarchs iteration of CoD is coming out when H5 comes out. Hopefully they stick to the Black Ops 2 style of things.

I'm aware of Josh Menke, but is the beta very good example of his system? Because it's a little concerning to me. It seems too easy to get into the top tier ranks (people getting Pro in the matter of hours).

I think that was due to the low population, however I don't know I didnt play the early beta. Although the good thing is if it's too easy then they'll address it for launch...

I think that is because of the low amount of players and the quality of said players. In starcraft you can make it to master in like 40 games, hell you can be platinum if u win your 5 placements matches, but the final goal of any player is to reach the next rank, of course the best players should rank up very fast. I actually like the ranking system, very clear and you can see your progression through the games, the only thing i dont like are the icons.

I'm pretty sure the ranking system was accelerated for the sake of testing the ranking system. 

I think that is because of the low amount of players and the quality of said players. In starcraft you can make it to master in like 40 games, hell you can be platinum if u win your 5 placements matches, but the final goal of any player is to reach the next rank, of course the best players should rank up very fast. I actually like the ranking system, very clear and you can see your progression through the games, the only thing i dont like are the icons.

That's actually my biggest issue with it. The ranks lacked any kind of pizzazz or creativity. The pro/semi-pro one don't really do justice, at all.

I hope not I really do...

I just don't understand how people are not seeing that it will be at least as bad as halo 4. Not only is the penalty for sprinting not sufficient to do anything but now you can thrust on top of it. It's going to be pure randomness on an even higher level than Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I just don't understand how people are not seeing that it will be at least as bad as halo 4. Not only is the penalty for sprinting not sufficient to do anything but now you can thrust on top of it. It's going to be pure randomness on an even higher level than Halo 5.

I'm not happy as anybody else with the additions or should I say "spartan abilities", I can't even comprehended how they can add ADS into Halo. But to me no other game can compete with what Halo offers, I still have some faith, some... I'll make my judgement when I play the beta

Halo is basically suffering from Starcraft 2 Syndrome.

"We are forcing these mechanics/rules into the game and you must obey weather you like it or not MWHAHAHAHA"

H5G will not be a day one purchase. There is just better games out that captivate my attention. 

Man I just can't figure you out. Earlier you were singing the beta's praises and now you're all "fuck this game"

Man I just can't figure you out. Earlier you were singing the beta's praises and now you're all "fuck this game"

He likes to change his opinion on occasion.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This game is miles ahead of h4, actually this game is fun, it might not be the super hardcore competitive game that most of us want, but at least is fun. If the Game is fun people will play it and maybe we can grow from that.

I never said fuck this game. It is pretty fun. However, if you do think about some of the mechanics that are inplace in said game, you will realise that they don't serve much purpose but are being forced in anyways.

Why would you want to figure me out anyways? Haven't you got something better to do?

Because we totally have random personal ordnance, random map drops, loadouts, and perks again. 

Idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Is it crazy to say I would actually really enjoy World at War 2?? I had a lot of fun with the original. Probably more so than I did with MW2, Black Ops, MW3, BO2 and whatever else came in between them/ after them. The original MW is still my favourite though. I probably shouldn't be talking about COD here but oh well.

I'm looking forward to gaming the hell out of this beta, regardless of anything I'm going to have as much fun as I can and then I'll actually be able to talk about what I think needs to change.

Edit: Halo 4 is the exact reason you do a beta. Ordinance drops would have been destroyed in seconds. Although it was fun getting a damage boost against horrible people. (Which thanks to the lack of ranks happened a lot)

• Upvote (+1) 2