CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh shit you're right this is going to help a bunch.

Promethean kills was one of our commendations that was behind. Not any more!

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know, if Firefight is going to insist on having 8 people (personally, I'd prefer 6 max), then it needs objectives that will actually force players to split off into smaller groups in order to accomplish said objective. Like, have MULTIPLE bases that need defending, or bosses that appear on opposite sides of the map that have to be tackled at the same time. As opposed to just having every dog pile the same enemy boss.

Because, as it stands, it really seems like the only reason the gamemode uses 8 players is so it could have more enemies appearing at once, and to better fill the large Warzone. If the latter is such a big concern, then it may prove smarter to just lower the player count and use Warzone Assault maps instead.

I agree, but let's be honest: that would require having half decent PvE encounter design and 343 has aptly demonstrated that the only way they can think of to make AI encounters more difficult/interesting is by making them have more HP, making them do more damage, and simply having more of them. The "new" Mythic bosses demonstrate this perfectly. Oh, how exciting. It's the Warden again, but he's even more of a bullet sponge. This is such a refreshing and different experience!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Grinding for Achilles and commendations: 

This is so accurate to what happened after I finished farming for the Achilles helmet commendations

Well no shit they want to sell more REQs, it's how they make money in a free DLC model. Valve's been doing it for years and it's been working out fine for them.

But my question is, why do you keep insisting that 343 doesn't care about their community? Warzone Firefight is obviously an effort that they didn't just mash together in 24 hours.

You're coming off as overly negative and ignoring the very fact that this is something that people have wanted for a long time. It's not classic Firefight, but Warzone Firefight is still fun and impressive in its own right, even if you don't like it.

Honestly I side with TTUVAPOR, I still don't see why this Firefights wasn't included Day One as something to do. Straight up Halo 5 is one of the only Halo games where I actually got bored the first week in and that is just sad. I know that Warzone Firefight wasn't an effort that had to have been conjured up in a weeks time but after playing it for a couple of minutes can't bring myself to think that 343 couldn't have brought this day one. I guarantee you that if there was a poll that went out and asked players whether or not they wanted Firefight or Breakout, they would have unanimously chose Firefight.

I get it 343 cares about the community, that's because we give them money no doubt. But for the past 6+ months we've just been strung along fed little morsels of "FREE DLC". The Ghosts of Meridian update is what Halo 5 the base game should have been period end of story.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I like feeling like a dumbass now that I sold all my REQs and Phaetons are destroying me off spawn

It seemed like a good idea at the time

Warzone's balanced fine, I don't know what you're talking about :simms: 

Honestly I side with TTUVAPOR, I still don't see why this Firefights wasn't included Day One as something to do. Straight up Halo 5 is one of the only Halo games where I actually got bored the first week in and that is just sad. I know that Warzone Firefight wasn't an effort that had to have been conjured up in a weeks time but after playing it for a couple of minutes can't bring myself to think that 343 couldn't have brought this day one. I guarantee you that if there was a poll that went out and asked players whether or not they wanted Firefight or Breakout, they would have unanimously chose Firefight.

I get it 343 cares about the community, that's because we give them money no doubt. But for the past 6+ months we've just been strung along fed little morsels of "FREE DLC". The Ghosts of Meridian update is what Halo 5 the base game should have been period end of story.

In addition to that, what with the incredibly large demand for PvE options basically everywhere (huge thread on Waypoint, for example), I honestly have to wonder what in the world took them so long to get this "beta" out there. I can respect that game development takes a lot of time, work, testing, etc. I get that it wasn't in their launch plans, but basically every single thing present in this Firefight existed in the game almost exactly as it is now in October. If there was something complex or impressive about the encounters they put in here, or if finely tuned balance was a factor at all, that would be one thing, but that simply is not the case. Hell, maybe there's something major going on under the hood that we can't see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys want PvE? Try the Battleborn open beta. I'm having a ton of fun with it. 

MP is all obj based with PvE mixed in with PvP. 

Here is a good overview, Start at 1:52:

You're misunderstanding something. I don't disagree that Halo 5 had a barebones launch. In fact, as a Forger, I'm someone who was hit hardest by its delay.

What I don't like is TTUVAPOR's "ME ME ME" attitude and his disgusting behavior towards the people who disagree with him. He cleaned up his act, but his other comments were very provocative.

Make Halo Great Again!

You guys want PvE? Try the Battleborn open beta. I'm having a ton of fun with it. 

MP is all obj based with PvE mixed in with PvP. 

Here is a good overview, Start at 1:52:

Those viewmodels are disgusting.

Playing the DOOM beta...man I miss no sprint settings. Come on 343 just let us test 150% movement speed settings just for shits and giggles, indulge me:) 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I get a headache with how bright and round everything is

Well, I get more of a headache playing Halo 5 than this. Especially since I play it at 1440p with a 101° FoV. 

It has the same aesthetic as Borderlands so if you can play that fine you should be good. It's actually way more fun than it looks in videos. 

Looks like the new fiesta mode can spawn you with the CE Pistol now. It even gives you Speed Boost.

Looks like the new fiesta mode can spawn you with the CE Pistol now. It even gives you Speed Boost.

Damn that still pisses me off. If they would have just balanced weapons around Arena and not Warzone! 

Playing the DOOM beta...man I miss no sprint settings. Come on 343 just let us test 150% movement speed settings just for shits and giggles, indulge me:) 

Why even 150? Just bump it up to 110 and call it a day.

But what will competitive Halo do without thrust-slides and spartan charges, you ask?

I don't know. I simply don't know.

Damn that still pisses me off. If they would have just balanced weapons around Arena and not Warzone!

It's not that they balanced the sandbox around Warzone; its that their definition of balance and this site's general consensus aren't the same.