CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well, it is a beta, so they could make it more challenging based on community feedback. I hope so

But it's actually fun to play

Isn't a beta, is a 4 day demo.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ODST and Reach were so bad to play off-host, especially if you matched someone who didn't live within 50 miles of you.

idk, never had any problems with odst. I remember trying to grind those achievements on odst, lag was not a problem at all. I even got the achievements on 2 different accounts and repeated them for other friends. Hitreg was fine, never got a disconnect either. The only thing that i got upset over is that on the halo 3 campaign one, one guy's mom unplugged his xbox b/c it was past his bedtime rofl. We were basically 5mins from beating it.

idk, never had any problems with odst. I remember trying to grind those achievements on odst, lag was not a problem at all. I even got the achievements on 2 different accounts and repeated them for other friends. Hitreg was fine, never got a disconnect either. The only thing that i got upset over is that on the halo 3 campaign one, one guy's mom unplugged his xbox b/c it was past his bedtime rofl. We were basically 5mins from beating it.

I mean, I'm not lying. 

If you had a good experience, great but ODST and Reach was a miserable experience for me off-host.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IMPORTANT FIREFIGHT BUG

If you get the "Destroy X Vehicles" objective, it only spawns that particular amount of vehicles.

Therefore, if a teammate manages to force an enemy out of a vehicle and take said vehicle (i.e. Plasma Pistol a Pheaton), you cannot win unless you convince your teammate to get out of the vehicle and destroy it.

Pretty game-breaking, hopefully this finds its way to 343.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I mean, I'm not lying. 

If you had a good experience, great but ODST and Reach was a miserable experience for me off-host.

Yes, even with the incredible internet connection I had at the time it still played like trash off-host. Pretty sure if even one player had a bad connection it dragged everyone down to their level. Co-op/PvE netcode is objectively superior in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyone else feel like Round 3's base defense objective is way too difficult for being, well, Round 3? It's mostly because 343 decided that it'd be a good idea for an entire army of Prometheans to spawn INSIDE the base you're supposed to defend, which usually produces the opposite sort of gameplay you'd associate "Base Defense" with. Instead of shooting FROM your base at waves of enemies that are trying to push their way in, it usually ends up being your squad that has to fight tooth and nail to even set one foot back in the base.

Because, simply put, anyone who finds themselves in the Garage during the base defense round isn't going to last very long with the absurd amount of enemies that appear out of thin air in the relatively cramp building. Which wouldn't really be much of an issue if staying in the base wasn't the entire point of the round.

For round 3, spawn a ghost. Any ghost will do, and then proceed to enter the garage and splatter any and all soldiers and crawlers. Stay away from the knights and just shoot them from afar. If your ghost is destroyed, get a plasma pistol and hijack a phaeton and give the Spartans inside cover from the roof hole. That's what I've been doing anyways

• Upvote (+1) 1

IMPORTANT FIREFIGHT BUG

If you get the "Destroy X Vehicles" objective, it only spawns that particular amount of vehicles.

Therefore, if a teammate manages to force an enemy out of a vehicle and take said vehicle (i.e. Plasma Pistol a Pheaton), you cannot win unless you convince your teammate to get out of the vehicle and destroy it.

Pretty game-breaking, hopefully this finds its way to 343.

I won us the round by convincing that guy to get out his. #devbestgamechatswitchplay2016

B)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Quit in the 2nd round of warzone firefight...boring ass garbage.

Neg me all you want, it's a garbage mode made for casuals and to milk the req system. Firefight=$$$ for 343...they hope.

Seriously..it's a joke of a mode.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Neg me all you want, it's a garbage mode made for casuals and to milk the req system. Firefight=$$$ for 343...they hope.

k

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You don't say. I could swear it was meant to be a competitive mode. Testing for HWC 2017.Shame on you 343
  • Upvote (+1) 6

You don't say. I could swear it was meant to be a competitive mode. Testing for HWC 2017.Shame on you 343

What's your point?

Obviously it's not competitive but seeing competitive people here raving like it's something freaking awesome is completely ironic. Bunch of posers.

I cant stand critics who slump down to the level they criticize about.

There are more important things 343 could be doing for halo 5 than this money making bs.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What don't you like about it? The lack of objectives, the maps, the AI? 

Talk to me.

It for sure seems Firefight is the best way to level. Reminds me of Reach, grinding Gruntpocalypse to get out of Warrant Officer.

So, interestingly enough, the Warzone Firefight menu screen shows Emile's MoR armor set. Unique part about it is that it also has a skin unique to it as seen on the shoulder. Glad to know we'll be getting skin variants for Noble's armor sets.
ZEcfwbu.png

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What's your point?

Obviously it's not competitive but seeing competitive people here raving like it's something freaking awesome is completely ironic. Bunch of posers.

I cant stand critics who slump down to the level they criticize about.

There are more important things 343 could be doing for halo 5 than this money making bs.

Because we like to play and have fun casually sometimes. Because people love PvE. Because there are way more casuals playing the game then competitive players and they deserve to get some sugar too. Because it's not all about being competitive all the time. Because it's fun.

This mode exists because a lot of people asked for it at waypoint and reddit. But you obviously don't care about those people. It's OK that you don't like it. Then just don't play the mode. Why bother if other people are enjoying it? And this "money bs" helps to generate a lot of req purchases which gives money to hcs. 343 is doing a lot for the competitive scene. Stop bitching about everything. But probably you will do it again when infection drops next month

• Upvote (+1) 6

I heard it's pretty good

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Because we like to play and have fun casually sometimes. Because people love PvE. Because there are way more casuals playing the game then competitive players and they deserve to get some sugar too. Because it's not all about being competitive all the time. Because it's fun.

This mode exists because a lot of people asked for it at waypoint and reddit. But you obviously don't care about those people. It's OK that you don't like it. Then just don't play the mode. Why bother if other people are enjoying it? And this "money bs" helps to generate a lot of req purchases which gives money to hcs. 343 is doing a lot for the competitive scene. Stop bitching about everything. But probably you will do it again when infection drops next month

Dear lord...infection drops next month...ooooo so old school...should have already been in the game...funny how 343 is copying Dice with this re-releasing modes as if they're new....have fun with that.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

What don't you like about it? The lack of objectives, the maps, the AI? 

Talk to me.

It's gow horde mode but it's mostly halo 5 sp with friends. Boring imo.

• Downvote (-1) 1

anybody know how to fix the ranking system glitch where im only going up 1 rank?

It's gow horde mode but it's mostly halo 5 sp with friends. Boring imo.

Gotcha. What do you think could improve it? 

Personally, I think that it needs to be a tad more difficult, players should only be able to call REQs in during intermission and enemies shouldn't be auto-killed at the end of the round.