CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Again guys. I know Smart Scope tightening spread for automatics isn't traditional Halo. But what makes it a bad addition? 

This has already been discussed several times already. Tightening spread, penalizing hip-fire, longer zooming delay, taking much more space from the screen.

I'm excited to play and see what I like and what I don't like.

Hopefully it will be a bit of both but I'm going in with a open mind and a love for HALO.

And playing a working Halo game will be nice for a few weeks.

https://twitter.com/JoshingtonState/status/547807812588302336

I like the preload, especially for a friend of mine with an awful connection. What I don't like is it starting at 6 p.m. EU time. I don't have anything to do that day and was looking forward to playing it all day. Oh well all night is also fine.

Thanks! Yeah, it's nice they're letting us preload. I have an awful connection too, so I'm not sure if it will even be ready by that time.

I'm very interested to see how the scope or whatever it is on the BR feels like/how it plays compared to OG scope.

First the BR, then the Shotgun, then the Rocket Launcher.

Guys, I don't think it's coming back.

IMMERSION.

• Upvote (+1) 7

We know that this isn't just Legendary Weapon like the Prophet's Bane, but in fact the reskin for old RL ?

We know that this isn't just Legendary Weapon like the Prophet's Bane, but in fact the reskin for old RL ?

It holds two rockets, and from what I've seen they behave the same as the dumb-fire rockets of older Halo's.

Someone said Holmes himself confirmed it's a replacement, but I don't know about that.

Either way it's pretty safe to assume it's a replacement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly don't care about this that much, the range on the AR and SMG worry me a bit but that can be reduced without messing with Smart Scope. My problem with Smart Scope and saying it's not ADS is that it clearly is because you are literally aiming down the sight of your gun. Sure we have always been doing this but the gun has never been blocking half the screen. I can't be the only one who have stayed away from games with ADS over the years because it didn't feel right after playing for Halo for so long.

At least just give us a toggle after making the animation on smart scope faster so everything can be the same. If someone really wants to have a gun blocking a third of their screen every time they zoom more power to you, good for you. I just don't feel the same way about it, this is a far bigger deal to me than Sprint. Don't get me wrong I fucking hate Sprint but I've sadly learned to live with it. Typing this out is making me realize I feel the same way about Sprint as I do about John Cena lmao.  For anyone who watches wrestling you probably feel the same way about John Cena. Evem after years of half the fans chanting he sucks he still trots out there every night with the same lame shtick.  Okay I need to stop making myself depressed, it's fucking Christmas.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This has already been discussed several times already. Tightening spread, penalizing hip-fire, longer zooming delay, taking much more space from the screen.

You just defined what it does, I'm asking how it negatively affects game play. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

It holds two rockets, and from what I've seen they behave the same as the dumb-fire rockets of older Halo's.

Someone said Holmes himself confirmed it's a replacement, but I don't know about that.

Either way it's pretty safe to assume it's a replacement.

I think the Reach Rockets had it right (HOLY SHIT, REACH HAD SOMETHING RIGHT, OTHER THAN THE PRO PIPE???). Manual launch for ground targets  guided launch for air targets. It doesn't completely destroy ground combat, and it makes them useful against air targets.

I really like that AR and SMG are usefull now, i like variety no more BR vs BR every single scenario, it gets boring after 10 years.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Not my video but here's a bit of a Regret breakdown from the Beta if you guys haven't seen it already... contains some new footage that I haven't seen before. Interesting looking take on Midship/Truth... Curious to see what the other side of the map looks like.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Poor Yorick.

EDIT: We can be "naked" in this game?

Reach's rockets where perfect. Super powerful, and worthy to fight for.

Perfect Velocity and Blast Radius  :quinn:

I'm very interested to see how the scope or whatever it is on the BR feels like/how it plays compared to OG scope.

BR feels fine. The main weapons that feel weird are the DMR, SMG, Sniper (only because of aiming lag) and Prophets' Bane.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Inb4 they make the Oddball an actual ball.

We can wear no ceramic shield distributors (see the no-gauntlet Spartan in action!), I'm assuming Spartans can even maintain voluntary control of the reactive layer without these?

Might be an older build but, who knows.

We can wear no ceramic shield distributors (see the no-gauntlet Spartan in action!), I'm assuming Spartans can even maintain voluntary control of the reactive layer without these? It looks cool to a degree, but I'm certain the reactive mesh gets increasingly uncomfortable.

Pretty sure that video of no gauntlets in first person was a work in progress.

Because...the game isn't finished.

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vZXbPl.webm

Dont know how to post it that u see it immediately but in this Gif u can see the Shotgun and the new generic Rocket Launcher in Action.

Just what we need! More generic things to replace iconic Halo stuff! It looks like something you'd find in Density. Why did we get stuck with a dev like 343 to take on Halo?

At this point all these changes are infuriating. If the game still even looked/played like Halo then sure -- new weapon designs I could accept that, but everything that made Halo, Halo is getting erased not just gameplay mechanics. 

Inb4 they make the Oddball an actual ball.

At this point it wouldn't even surprise me. Next up they'll make the warthog look like a fucking humvee.

• Upvote (+1) 7