CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Does anyone know the exact hour Firefight will be available?

Sometime tomorrow.

Does anyone know the exact hour Firefight will be available?

Tomorrow AfterSOON

• Upvote (+1) 6

tJV7Nak.jpg

They added this. Holy shit.

Not sure how to feel about it.

In one hand, losing on purpose can affect other players' placing around you/in your team - this is nice. In the other hand, you can't be in a lower rank and make it to the top ranks throughout a journey, placing in Onyx right away can be boring for a lot of player - this is not nice.

In the middle, how does this system work? If I lose all of my 10 matches by not getting a kill, do I get banned? what if I tried and I sucked super hard and was the worse player in every single game? Would like to know more about it.

Another day, another "Retrieving Data" message that just spins and spins, lying to you with every rotation of that stupid little icon.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure how to feel about it.

In one hand, losing on purpose can affect other players' placing around you/in your team - this is nice. In the other hand, you can't be in a lower rank and make it to the top ranks throughout a journey, placing in Onyx right away can be boring for a lot of player - this is not nice.

In the middle, how does this system work? If I lose all of my 10 matches by not getting a kill, do I get banned? what if I tried and I sucked super hard and was the worse player in every single game? Would like to know more about it.

Probably looks for sharp changes in player performance between regular matches vs. placement matches. A guy who got Onyx last season suddenly starts playing at a Silver level for those 10 matches for example. It's a pretty clear tell. 

They aren't going to explain their exact detection methods of course.

tJV7Nak.jpg

I had a something like an 8 day ban for quitting consecutively for 3 days waiting a week and quitting a game. I quit 3 times in the first day got like an hour ban or so. So I just played MCC and decided to not play H5 until tomorrow. Quit one game after two teammates quit and got a 9 hour ban. Decided it was best that I don't push my luck the next day, get all the way through a match, lag out as its in the ending match sequence get a 3 day ban. I literally don't play for a week, hop on during lunch, game took longer than I expected. I have to go, so I quit and get a 8 day ban. Laugh out loud and didn't play H5 for like two weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is Campgrounds.

I'd love to see these type of classic arena maps made for Halo 5. With the mechanics of Halo 5, having multi-tier and single/double atrium would provide some great gameplay.

85741-final.png

Essentially this map could probably be made carbon copy for Halo 5.

Yellow armor room = Camo

Red Armor stairs = Overshield

Mega health room = rockets

Railgun = snipe spawn

Honestly, it would probably work really well.

I'd love to make this...would be awesome

tJV7Nak.jpg

Fuck that. Ugh. Looks like I'm never getting those idiotic Breakout commendations done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is Campgrounds.

I'd love to see these type of classic arena maps made for Halo 5. With the mechanics of Halo 5, having multi-tier and single/double atrium would provide some great gameplay.

85741-final.png

Essentially this map could probably be made carbon copy for Halo 5.

Yellow armor room = Camo

Red Armor stairs = Overshield

Mega health room = rockets

Railgun = snipe spawn

Honestly, it would probably work really well.

Send me a link to full walkthrough of map, yeah? :)

Edit: jk I watched a video of it, I already know that map. Didn't recognize the name.

Fuck that. Ugh. Looks like I'm never getting those idiotic Breakout commendations done.

I said fuck that as soon as I read those. No way in hell I'm torturing myself for a commendation. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

tJV7Nak.jpg

Alternate accounts are really handy for telling that ridiculous Banhammer system to go fuck itself.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

So about my thread that got locked.

I attempted to appeal the lock with the moderator 3 times. I explained the purpose if the thread in detail and was ignored.

I reposted the thread with changes as well as a prologue to make sure the message was taken in to consideration for future posting.

The mod has refused to respond to my appeals even though I gave the right to do so based on waypoints own rules.

And yet my new thread still got locked.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/why-we-continue-to-fight-for-a-no-sprint-halo/7927cd41-130c-4ff0-a1ec-fa8e0810085f/posts

LOL! The Halo Inquisition.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Firefight is going to help so much with spartan company commendations. I'm probably going to be playing so much tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't wait for Warzone Firefight's Beta. Will be 4 days of respite from being farmed in WZ. When it comes out entirely; goodbye everything else, bar Infection. I'm really sad that Warzone turned into the unpleasantness it is now. Really, really sad.

Can't wait for Warzone Firefight's Beta. Will be 4 days of respite from being farmed in WZ. When it comes out entirely; goodbye everything else, bar Infection. I'm really sad that Warzone turned into the unpleasantness it is now. Really, really sad.

Because it used to pleasant right :P

Because it used to pleasant right :P

Oh, entirely. It used to be so fun to be able to just jump into chaos, solo. Not wait for 12 people to get on, invite you, and jump into a sweaty/farmy game against other TO12's.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I have a long weekend starting tomorrow, and I would very much like to do another gameplay review this weekend.  If you are a Diamond level player or lower, and would like someone to critique your gameplay, please PM me.  Below is a link to my most recent one:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Oh, entirely. It used to be so fun to be able to just jump into chaos, solo. Not wait for 12 people to get on, invite you, and jump into a sweaty/farmy game against other TO12's.

Lol because nobody including you complained about that at launch right?

It sucks more now though with this speed boost nonsense :/

One of my favorite bands plays Halo. They used "Killing Frenzy" and "Killionaire" in two of there songs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

One of my favorite bands plays Halo. They used "Killing Frenzy" and "Killionaire" in two of there songs.

In Hearts Wake?

At least they aren't playing H5.