CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

2 out of 3 arena placement matches down a person. off to a good start.... why do i try to play this shitty matchmaking experience?

And if the servers kicks you out you lose 30 CSR points

We heard you like BETAS to we put a BETA in your BETA.  :weback:

If it is choice between playing the WZ Firefight beta and the DOOM beta, I'll take the DOOM beta.  Or are we talking about the current Halo that happens to be a beta, which will get a beta that we can beta-test for this beta?  Beta-ception.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I tried telling you apologists.  I'm a damn software engineer I know how these slips work...

W0QlErv.png

They skipped one month. Relax.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Has 343i said anything about pushing the update cutoff further?  I think they said that the updates would stop at June?  So if we are getting these updates pushed back, is the update cutoff getting pushed back as well?

Hello my peeps. I can't very well Forge, play Grifball, or participate in the firefight beta if my gold runs out...well, it's out as of tomorrow. Can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable source for discounted 12 month membership codes?

Thanks in advance;)

Did they drop anything knew we didnt know about WZFF today?

They talked about the 3 game modes. They mentioned they will eventually incorporate all warzone maps into firefight. They confirmed that kills will count toward commendations. And their second match, which lasted about 20 minutes, gave them about 2,100 RP.

They also added in mythic bosses to make it harder. As well as a mythic REQ pack, but no price on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hello my peeps. I can't very well Forge, play Grifball, or participate in the firefight beta if my gold runs out...well, it's out as of tomorrow. Can anyone point me in the direction of a reputable source for discounted 12 month membership codes?

Thanks in advance;)

Um, G2A.com?  I mean, I don't know if it is reputable, but they sell XBL Gold cards there, for less than sticker price, last I checked.

Um, G2A.com? I mean, I don't know if it is reputable, but they sell XBL Gold cards there, for less than sticker price, last I checked.

I'll...check it out... (feeling askeered though)

Edit: after spelunking around, thought I would look at my xbox account directly for renewal options. They offered me a one month free, so I took it. On the hunt now for 3-12 month bargains, LOL.

I tried telling you apologists.  I'm a damn software engineer I know how these slips work...

I'm an apologist because I was going with a date we got in an Xbox Wire article, Microsoft's PR site?

Okkkkk.

Has 343i said anything about pushing the update cutoff further?  I think they said that the updates would stop at June?  So if we are getting these updates pushed back, is the update cutoff getting pushed back as well?

The updates are not stopping at June, July or August. They will keep going for a long time.

I look at it as they already missed a month and it's not even half a year past release and they marketed "free dlc every month".

Why do you seem to only post when you're either defending 343 or making a sarcastic remark towards someone talking badly about 343?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why can't we leave a fireteam is we are seaching? it pisses me off when the FT Leader starts searching when you tell him not to, but since you are already matching you can't just quit without restarting Halo 5 to do so.

Going to rant now:

Halo 5' servers are some of the worst server I've ever played on. Fucking hell I have more fun playing COD's servers than MS/343's piece of shit servers.

Radar are so useless in this game seriously. I don't understand why 343 haven't fixed this yet.

The maps are some of the most unfun I have ever played on. Overgrowth are such piece of crap map. 343 need desperate better map designs.

Aiming is straight up garbage. I can't remember more inconsistent aiming system than Halo 5.

The free update so far have been underwelming. It's been mostly Reqs garbage and more unnecessary armor stuff.

The hell up with Rank system? 343 didn't explain the ranking system at all. Do we rank up by winning or get good KDR?

Can't believe 343 fucked up vehicle in this game. Feel like I'm driving in a paper car.

Best halo game my ass.

Rant over

• Upvote (+1) 2

The free update so far have been underwelming. It's been mostly Reqs garbage and more unnecessary armor stuff.

Yeah, if you're not into Spartan dress-up, then these free updates aren't bringing much. I don't care if 343 made a remix of a map that I didn't already like.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, if you're not into Spartan dress-up, then these free updates aren't bringing much. I don't really care if 343 made a remix of a map that I didn't already like.

Wouldn't be surprised if 343 give us overgrowth remix lol

I tried telling you apologists. I'm a damn software engineer I know how these slips work...

W0QlErv.png

The 6th of April still isn't mid April...

Don't worry, I'm not worked up over it or anything.

I just wanted to point out that a select few members here jumped all over defending 343 for their schedule slippage and wanted to ensure everyone that they would be on time the next month. 

Having dealt with software deliverable schedule slippage many times in my own experience, I was trying to make a point that it would likely affect the future releases, but I was treated as if I am John Snow and I know nothing.

The 6th of April still isn't mid April...

I can see you still don't get the point of my post. 

Lets say you are on time and everything is running smoothly.  Great.  Then, you get behind and you slip one week.  Ok, no big deal?  Maybe.

If you can keep up the same pace, you can continue to deploy updates with a duration of one month.  That means all the future updates slip by one week. Now instead of getting updates at the end of each month, you get them at them at the beginning.  That is IF they can keep the update duration at a month.   Obviously they needed a month and a week for this last one.   So you give a month and a week for the next one, where does that put you?   Smack dab in the middle of May.  The next?   Late June.   That's assuming moral and productivity stays the same and doesn't get worse and they start taking a month and 2 weeks for updates. 

It's either that or they trim down the content that is offered by these releases down to a manageable size for a month long deployment window.  I don't think that would be good because if you look at the other post on this page, people are not really impressed by what is already being currently offered by the "monthly" updates as they are.  That is unless you just love dressing up your Spartan with the latest fancy Air Jordans and Rayband Mk17 polarized sunglasses, or what ever casual crap armor gimmicks they are offering to suppress the whining in an effort to sustain the already dead but masked population. 

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

im sure their surveys are keeping them aware that the masses want more clothes for their spartan.

and another thing about the surveys, ive pretty much given up on giving them my time for my thoughts. it's wasted keystrokes.

Don't worry, I'm not worked up over it or anything.

I just wanted to point out that a select few members here jumped all over defending 343 for their schedule slippage and wanted to ensure everyone that they would be on time the next month. 

Said members were going off a piece of information written on Xbox Wire. 

Regardless, Bravo has since come out and clarified the issue. Pointless debating about it, or calling anyone apologists for believing something written on that site. 

this game becomes more and more unstable with every update they release. it's got some MCC level shit in some ways plaguing it now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

this game becomes more and more unstable with every update they release. it's got some MCC level shit in some ways plaguing it now.

What issues are you running into?

The point is that you can never really trust 343 to deliver on their word, no matter how insignificant this example might be. The blind trust has to stop. 

It creates scenarios where people are content with a sub-par product and seem to be happy with what they get as long as the dev tells them they did their best or worked really hard on something. "Oh, no split screen for the first time ever in a Halo game? I'm sure you guys tried really hard anyway. No harm done." Just one small example. 

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I look at it as they already missed a month and it's not even half a year past release and they marketed "free dlc every month".

Why do you seem to only post when you're either defending 343 or making a sarcastic remark towards someone talking badly about 343?

It gets tiring to see those kinds of posts especially when not every angle is looked at. I, along with others, try to bring that to the table. Whether that helps or not is a different story. And it's not the only time I post but a lot of my posts are made because it.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Said members were going off a piece of information written on Xbox Wire. 

Regardless, Bravo has since come out and clarified the issue. Pointless debating about it, or calling anyone apologists for believing something written on that site. 

You believe everything you see written on the internets?

Guess I'm just full of skepticism.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You believe everything you see written on the internets?

You mean those hot singles in my area don't want to meet up with me? They can't lie about that stuff dude! 

• Upvote (+1) 3