CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I recommend everyone watch if they're interested in FOV and how it could benefit Halo and make it "feel" faster without sprint.

I totally understand how FOV works, but a large fov has it draw backs as well. 

Curious - go on?

Large FOVs can feel like utter shit to maneuver with, and they make distant objects appear massively distant.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Large FOVs can feel like utter shit to maneuver with, and they make distant objects appear massively distant.

yeah, I don't think anyone will disagree if you say 360 degree fov sucks.

Yeah that was more intended for people who don't know how FOV works, I understand its drawbacks with making further away objects smaller too but what we have now is way too narrow, I'd be very interested in watching your video if you did go ahead and make it though. I think it's important to prove to people that Halo doesn't actually need sprint at all, speed can be achieved through various ways and ironically sprint only slows Halo down and hinders map design.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah that was more intended for people who don't know how FOV works, I understand its drawbacks with making further away objects smaller too but what we have now is way too narrow, I'd be very interested in watching your video if you did go ahead and make it though. I think it's important to prove to people that Halo doesn't actually need sprint at all, speed can be achieved through various ways and ironically sprint only slows Halo down and hinders map design.

Isn't there a way to make those distant objects appear normal, instead of smaller than they should be?  I've played a lot of BF3 and a little of BF4 on PC, and jacking the FOV on BF4 to 100 didn't really screw up the game to the levels of that video.

Well, I finished my Slayer placement games and remembered why I have been playing less and less of the ranked team playlists in this game. This was game #10.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/screenshot/752876f5-e64c-44e8-a993-fa12c65f8077?gamerTag=arglactable&scid=1370999b-fca2-4c53-8ec5-73493bcb67e5

Note the Onyx 1725 on my team who at one point was -1/12. At least 3 of my placement matches were like this and two of those were against this EXACT. SAME. FUCKING. TEAM OF FOUR. The best part of this match was when I was in a 3v3 fight, died, and then saw on my death cam that the two idiot Onyxes on my team had been running in the opposite direction of the fight for several seconds prior. Great teamwork, guys.

If they're going to give me Platinum again, is it too much to ask that I actually play against platinum players? Fuck me.

I'm kind of surprised no one has brought up Reach MLG v7 settings for base movement speed. That mode converted me to anti-sprint.

I'm kind of surprised no one has brought up Reach MLG v7 settings for base movement speed. That mode converted me to anti-sprint.

The ice skating turns people off

Firefight with a side of Grifball and Infection, and fantastic community forged maps and gametypes?

Mama like!

6 months in...

The ice skating turns people off

Then just increase the strafe acceleration so players can "turn on a dime" so to speak. Bam! Problem solved.

Checked my email... "Prepare for Titanfall 2“..... dear lord...

Don't you mean hell yeah?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Then just increase the strafe acceleration so players can "turn on a dime" so to speak. Bam! Problem solved.

Don't you mean movement friction? Ice skating is caused by low deceleration, not low acceleration.

So unless Halo 5's acceleration setting also modifies friction, increasing the acceleration would cause speed catapulting in addition to ice skating.

If done right it could be amazing. The first one played really well but had some issues that unfortunately made it so that it couldn't hold a strong population. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Come on to see the playlist of Social Multi Team, I must admit it might be a playlist I consider enjoying for a laugh. Knowing my luck though it'll be awful.

Don't you mean hell yeah?

No. I was bored of TF so quickly it pissed me off.

for example, i enjoy warzone from time to time, but only assualt. i cant stand bots in a competitive winner/loser game.

No. I was bored of TF so quickly it pissed me off.

for example, i enjoy warzone from time to time, but only assualt. i cant stand bots in a competitive winner/loser game.

Except Titanfall wasn't competitive. Not everything has to be Arena competitive.

I retract my statement. I just played a fucking remake of Standoff.

Fortunately, the entire playlist is bad BTB maps with everybody's favorite Arena map, Torque, thrown in for good measure. So fun.

Except Titanfall wasn't competitive. Not everything has to be Arena competitive.

Then the game shouldn't have winners and losers. There shouldn't even be pvp mixed with pve. The two things are entirely separate from one another and shouldn't be mixed.

Mobas can get away with it because the minions serve a purpose as to provide fuel so to speak for your character.

I just get bored when you have an obvious fps game of pvp but put pve in it for the intentions of not alienating casuals.

343 did warzone right with having assualt, because reg warzone is a joke of a game type.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anybody running any warzone lobbies and need an extra player shoot me an invite I CBA to deal with idiot teamates when playing solo.

I'll play the new campaign that I'm betting will be announced.  Would have loved a campaign in the first.

And may play some multiplayer briefly on my master race machine.