CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo CE and Halo 2 Classic/Anniversary have the best skyboxes IMO, Halo 3's skyboxes are very close...

Bungie has always had a knack for amazing skyboxes. There where a couple in Halo 4, but Bungie was amazing about it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Seriously guys 343 making a bad game is one thing for me.

But they are the developers so they can do everything they want with the game.

Make a shitty game (that is fine we are not buying it then) but please tell us the truth and don't lie about reduced spread beeing only on automatics.

I am so done! Don't fuck with your community like that. Stop telling us wrong bullshit.

Game looks dope. 

http://youtu.be/ed_xu_DUEbs

"You may notice that you're moving pretty fast in toxikk, especially when  compared to modern military shooters. So, no need to press the sprint key because in toxikk, you're basically always sprinting." 

343 could learn a lot from this developer about how to design an arena shooter. 

I will give Toxikk a chance, but UT4 has my heart already from my time playing it and will have the bigger community and thus a more active mod community/community maps and more potential for e-sports. ALOT of QL pros/old top UT players have been playing it and giving feedback to make it the best comp Arena shooter it can be. It definitely has a classic UT feel to it, it already blows UT3 out of the water.

Sorry if I missed it but is there any word on preloading the beta??

Really don't wanna be downloading 10gb the day of, it'll sap my excitement.

May I direct everyone to the Halo 5 discussion thread back in November when the leaks first occurred. Some people thought I was overreacting and that it was "all just an animation" and their would be no ADS mechanics. Now here we are today. Lets take a walk down memory lane.

Just because a reticle looks a certain way or it looks like there is no slowdown in movement or any other gameplay change in this crappy short clip means nothing IMO. There is an ADS animation. My parents taught me that "if it looks like a duck..."

We will see as things unfold between now and the game release. But you can mark my words now, there will be ADS mechanics.

Some more of my feeling on the matter. Since I've already expressed them I'll just Copy/Paste.

So you think that it is just a "reskin" with no fundamental changes to gameplay? Again I say ROFL.
Why would anyone change the animation to a ADS animation, something that has well known functionality, yet not implement any of the well known ADS functionality? Why not leave it without then? Because if it is just a reskin of the animation then it isn't even ADS.

What you are saying is that it isn't actually ADS, just still zoom with an iron sights animation. To that I say ROFL. Do you actually believe that they would do this for nothing more then a change in animation? Because I don't. I garantee there will be a change to the actual gameplay because of it. Slower movement, changes in fire from hip accuracy, etc.
I don't think you understand what iron sights and ADS are. Halo has never had this. Zoom =/= ADS and I don't believe they just "changed the animation" to an ADS style with no other tweaks, that makes no logical sense.

Frank O'Conner on why Halo doesn't have iron sights

The main reason, according to 343 Industries' Frank O'Connor, comes down to the game's pace. "Halo has these slightly longer, more strategic encounters," he told AusGamers in an interview. "I think if I was playing Call of Duty for example, and a good player got the drop on me -- came up behind me -- I’m dead. There’s nothing I can do about it, not a chance.

"Halo has a different pace in encounters and if a good player comes up behind me and starts shooting, I’ve got a small chance of turning that encounter around. I’ll probably still get killed because I’m pretty bad, but it does have a different pace and it does have a bigger sandbox and I think that’s what makes Halo Halo."
"When you think about aiming down sights or iron-sights, you’re kind of talking about a bullet-point on a list of design features and that in and of itself is fine, but you kind of want to think about the entire experience: 'What is an entire encounter like?'" adds 343's Chad Armstrong. "With Halo, you tend to get recognisable pacing and something like iron-sights can have a dramatic affect on what that pacing is."
So there you have it. While it doesn't look as though you'll be lining up shots by looking down your pistol's barrel, at least you know why it isn't happening.

Also they are completely ruining years worth of lore with how the Spartan HUD works. The reason there was no iron sights was because they had gloves as part of the suit that would detect each weapon a Spartan held. Allowing a unique reticule to be displayed through the HUD. They did not need to "aim down sights" because they had advanced past that 19th Century technology. Do people realize that we already have this HUD style capability today with futuristic weapons? Acting like we need iron sights in 26th Century is crazy.
Iron Sights is a HUGE deal to me. I remember reviewers calling for it when halo 4 released and it made me so angry. I HATE iron sights. It belongs in WWII CoD games, not futuristic arena shooters. I was actually all ready to go out and buy an XB1 for MCC. Part of the reason for that was HOPE. HOPE that Halo was going to be good again with a real population of players. HOPE for the future. If Halo 5 has iron sights then I'm out. I won't be buying an XB1 because even though I do want to play MCC I won't reward people for effectively lying to fans about returning to their roots. I'm not putting that much money up to play MCC and then nothing else.

Long story short, I hate this faux-ADS bullshit.

This is a path to full blown ADS in Halo 6, guaranteed. The only way this gets stopped is if their is a LOT of backlash because the "goal" at this point is clearly to attempt to lure CoD shooter fans, screw being unique, and screw lore.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just noticed the title of this thread, my instant thought was that he confessed to some terrible crime.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry if I missed it but is there any word on preloading the beta??

Really don't wanna be downloading 10gb the day of, it'll sap my excitement.

you can preload the day before

• Upvote (+1) 1

Disappointed because I didn't realize I had an H5 beta code sitting in my Xbox messages and it says it was only good from Friday-Sunday....

It's still allowing me to download the beta with it so hopefully I can still get access, but either way I can preload it I guess.

Disappointed because I didn't realize I had an H5 beta code sitting in my Xbox messages and it says it was only good from Friday-Sunday....

It's still allowing me to download the beta with it so hopefully I can still get access, but either way I can preload it I guess.

Download the Smartglass app on your phone. It notifies you of XBL messages. It's also a convenient remote when watching Netflix.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Download the Smartglass app on your phone. It notifies you of XBL messages. It's also a convenient remote when watching Netflix.

Do you need a Windows phone?

also nice for when you make messages

Just noticed the title of this thread, my instant thought was that he confessed to some terrible crime.

"Hello everyone. My name is Josh Holmes, and I have a sex addiction."

"Hi Josh."

INB4 SOMEONE COMES UP WITH SOMETHING BETTER.

Again guys. I know Smart Scope tightening spread for automatics isn't traditional Halo. But what makes it a bad addition? 

He did ;).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again guys. I know Smart Scope tightening spread for automatics isn't traditional Halo. But what makes it a bad addition?

The simple explanation you mentioned is a good enough reason. It moves away from traditional halo. (And we all know why its being added) I think we've had enough of that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah smart glass is clutch. It's basically become my TV remote. I wish it could turn the xbox on though

"My name is Josh Holmes and.. I killed my dog"