CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Halo 5 isn't exactly busted. And again, the MCC, while not justifiable, is understandable at a base. That's just me. But I refuse to argue past this, given it'll just become the same circular crap based on some opinion on either side.

In other words i am right :)

Exactly why I stop. (In another way)

Mad cause bad :P

So how do you guys like tyrant? Personally i think its good minus the sniper spawn in the middle...think it should be a railgun personally

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mad cause bad :P

So how do you guys like tyrant? Personally i think its good minus the sniper spawn in the middle...think it should be a railgun personally

Haven't played it. But it looks good.

You would think 343 would fix this huge glaring issue. Like this is their huge new gametype that should be making them tons of money from REQs. You would think they would go out of their way to fix it so that they don't drive people away from it.

Is it huge? I've encountered this one time. It's literally oy like 100 people that do it. So maybe 3 or 4 parties at a time.

Damnation was garbage for 4v4... on both ce and reach. Like worse than h3 pit/h2 lockout. Just stalemates after stalemate cause its impossible to move. 2v2 is what saved damnation from being the worst map on the disc other than chiron.

You're not playing the right gametypes.  2 Ball Reverse Tag and King of the Hill are both really fun on Dammy.  CTF is surprisingly really fun too.  Just gotta give the worse team Red Base (green).

But yeah 4v4 TS on Dammy is merely ok.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope. Not everyone is coming from a "esports" perspective.

Perspective is certainly the issue here.  The map may be fun at lower levels, but if it doesn't hold up when good players play on it, then it isn't a good map.  

The reverse is not true.  If a map is good at the highest level, it will still be good for beginners and casual play.  The Pit and especially Lockout had really bad problems with standstill gameplay in close TS games with people that knew what they were doing.

Another example of a lack of static item spawns and adequate powerups on the map ruining an otherwise solid map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haven't been keeping up with this game for the last few months. Any word on when Infection is coming? Or is it already in the game?

Haven't been keeping up with this game for the last few months. Any word on when Infection is coming? Or is it already in the game?

Sounds like about a month.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought multi-team was going to be a fun social game... But alas, whenever 343 does something good, they have to ice it with the worst maps possible. Why are we playing these big dumb ass Big Team Battle maps? I sincerely wish I could give credit to 343 about some things. I sincerely do. I just can't stand that every time I post here excited to play something new, I go play said playlist and I immediately get turned off. Just go look at my post from earlier.

These big ass maps are garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did you even read what I wrote?

I said I'm tired of playing Forge maps because they're 90% grey and you can always tell they're made in Forge.

You proceed to try to prove me wrong by showing me a picture of a map that is grey and made up of Forge assets.

I don't understand what you were trying to achieve.

Congrats, you made a map that looks cool.

It's still not a replacement for REAL maps.

Using aesthetics as the only metric to measure how good a map can be is an incredibly shallow thing to do. It seems like you're greatly underestimating the potential of Halo 5's forge. I get that you're really skeptical of using forge maps in Halo 5 because of your past experience with the previous iterations of forge but Halo 5's forge isn't like it's predecessors. To have a better experience when playing forge maps in Halo 5, I highly recommend playing them with an open mind.

Yes we can put power items in a more ideal location for 2v2 play on the developer maps and make them spawn more frequently to encourage player movement but you seem to be neglecting that the pathing of the arena developer maps aren't ideal for 2v2 play. This is why it's important for us as a community to utilize forge to it's full potential, we shouldn't take Halo 5's forge for granted. If you really want 343 to use developer maps for team doubles then you probably should be advocating for 343 to allocate their resources to making arena maps that are ideal for 2v2 play.

I'm going to post some links to some forge maps that are built for 2v2 play, please look at them with an open mind.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Playing the multi team playlist reminds me of how much fun I had playing it in Reach with my brother and now I miss split-screen again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Jesus fuck what is this whining about?

His map is aesthetically human. THATS WHY ITS GREY.

It could be pink, it could be purple, whatever. Holy fuck. Yes I agree the maps in Halo 5 are samey but jesus dude he's using an aesthetic style. Look at his other maps. All unique and different.

Comprehend:

verb (used with object)
to understand the nature or meaning of; grasp with the mind; perceive:
He did not comprehend the significance of the ambassador's remark.

Holy shit, it's not hard. Read what I wrote.

I said that team doubles using Forged maps will be shit because 90% of Forge maps are ugly and grey.

I proceed to show proof that 90% of Forge maps are ugly and grey.

Another user attempts to prove me wrong by showing me a grey map.

Come on guys, this isn't Sesame St FFS, why do I need to explain the very basics of English.

Using aesthetics as the only metric to measure how good a map can be is an incredibly shallow thing to do. It seems like you're greatly underestimating the potential of Halo 5's forge. I get that you're really skeptical of using forge maps in Halo 5 because of your past experience with the previous iterations of forge but Halo 5's forge isn't like it's predecessors. To have a better experience when playing forge maps in Halo 5, I highly recommend playing them with an open mind.

Yes we can put power items in a more ideal location for 2v2 play on the developer maps and make them spawn more frequently to encourage player movement but you seem to be neglecting that the pathing of the arena developer maps aren't ideal for 2v2 play. This is why it's important for us as a community to utilize forge to it's full potential, we shouldn't take Halo 5's forge for granted. If you really want 343 to use developer maps for team doubles then you probably should be advocating for 343 to allocate their resources to making arena maps that are ideal for 2v2 play.

I'm going to post some links to some forge maps that are built for 2v2 play, please look at them with an open mind.

Ok, why are so many people twisting what I've said? I seriously don't get it.

Let me make it clear for everyone. Take notes:

It's now April. Halo 5 was released at the end of October.

We are still missing a 2v2 playlist which has been a staple playlist of Halo ever since the original.

We have a fucking Breakout playlist but no 2v2 playlist. Someone tell me the logic here.

I've read that 2v2 currently isn't in the game because 343 needs Forgers to make 2v2 maps and test them.

I'm calling bullshit because no previous Halo game ever required 2v2 specific maps. We just used the small maps that we used for 4v4 and it worked.

The reason the 4v4 maps suck for 2v2 is because the original weapon layouts are garbage for 4v4 and especially garbage for 2v2. That's it.

I question why after MORE THAN A DECADE OF HALO, why now do we need 2v2 specific maps?

On top of that, we've had an abysmal set of 4v4 maps in previous Halo maps which let to use to rely on Forge for decent tournament maps.

Forge maps are ugly. No one wants to tune into a tournament stream and see maps being played they've never seen before, look ugly and have no colour.

If people want to make 2v2 Forge maps, go ahead. Give us 2v2 NOW and then screw around with ugly Forge maps later.

And yes, I'm fully aware that the new Forge tools are better. The end results are still mostly ugly.

Until 343 gives us a REAL MAP EDITOR I'm not going to be impressed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Tyrant caught me totally off-guard. What is going on with that map? Lol, can't decide if I'm a fan or not yet.

I see a lot of 2v2 forge maps that look to me like they would play great as a 4v4 map as well. Some of them look like they play better than half the current competitive 4v4 four maps that 343 has given us, and they are 1000 times more creative. 

Good lord the Hannibal scorpion sucks to be on the receiving end of.

Just lost to a team 997 to 1000 who used AT LEAST 10 Hannibal Tanks. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Only thing I dislike about the new map Tyrant is same thing I hate about Empire and Colossus  (Edit: I have zero clue why I typed Colossus last night haha) Coliseum, and it's the damn Scattershot/Shotgun.

I'm fine with the gun itself, I'm not fine that it respawns so damn frequently. The 4 times I've played so far, I've seen about 21 kills each game with that thing. Which is absurd.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To be fair, Halo 4 was packed with content, and Halo: MCC was packed with content. Granted, Halo 4 was flawed, gameplay wise, and MCC was broken, but they're far from inept  in terms of content. And that can't be denied. And trying to pin 343i as somehow technically inept in terms of releasing buggy software is kinda unfair. Bethesda and many other devs release buggy software as well. It happens when you build complex and grand scale games. In the same breath, while I don't justify MCC's state, it was partially understandable, due to how utterly ambitious it was.

Yes, other game studios release buggy content. And they all get flak for it, but for the most part they're not full of game-breaking bugs like MCC was. I don't care that the MCC project was super ambitious, that's not an excuse for having launched it in the state it was in. And it doesn't matter who actually put it together, 343 slapped their name on it so it was their responsibility. You can't excuse MCC as just "shit happens" and pretend the bugs were minor. The game, today, is still riddled with bugs that 343 for the most part hasn't even acknowledged. And even if they fixed them all tomorrow, the damage has been done.

In terms of Halo 4, yes it had content at launch but in the usual one step forward two steps back 343 kind of way. We didn't actually get any good content from Halo 4 compared to what we got from previous Halo titles. And there were also downgrades (looking at you Infection).

And Halo 5? You could argue it's still missing features. It took months to implement what previous titles had at launch, and we still don't have it all. 343 sacrificed a lot of resources to bring us their new content (Breakout, Warzone, Spartan Abilities, etc.) at launch in exchange for missing out on game modes, a file browser, social features, and don't forget split screen. You tell me if it was worth it.

I'll say it again. 343 had expectations to live up to, and they failed. You can criticize Bungie all you want, but their Halo games never lacked content at launch, and for the most part worked as intended. If Halo 5 had released in the state it is in today we wouldn't even be having this conversation. And before you tell me about their sustain model and how we've been getting all the contents in FREE DLC, look at other games like Blops 3 with all the features they had at launch and all that's been added since. There is no excuse.

• Upvote (+1) 6

@@Mythik Nick, we need to play together more.  You seem like my kinda guy and theres no doubt you're a complete Slay Train. Please get a mic. I would send one to you if I had to.

There are a lot of people on this forum I'd like to play with more/at all.  Damn this Hawaiian timezone.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm planning to make some more Youtube content this weekend.  I'm getting the itch.  I kinda want to do a gameplay review.  If anyone would like me to use their gameplay, quote this post and lets set up a time this weekend where I can stalk spectate you for a few games.  I have examples of my gameplay reviews in the link in my signature. I'm proud of them and I think I do a good job.  Let me know if you're interested.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've noticed that there are significantly more people with mics in Black Ops 3 than in Halo 5 or MCC.

Course, how else are they going to tell me how they banged my mum? /s

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Mythik Nick, we need to play together more. You seem like my kinda guy and theres no doubt you're a complete Slay Train. Please get a mic. I would send one to you if I had to.

There are a lot of people on this forum I'd like to play with more/at all. Damn this Hawaiian timezone.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm planning to make some more Youtube content this weekend. I'm getting the itch. I kinda want to do a gameplay review. If anyone would like me to use their gameplay, quote this post and lets set up a time this weekend where I can stalk spectate you for a few games. I have examples of my gameplay reviews in the link in my signature. I'm proud of them and I think I do a good job. Let me know if you're interested.

I played against you just recently. I went +2 and the rest of the guys who were put on my team all went extremely negative. You went something like +20, haha. Would have said hello after the game if I didn't get my ass kicked so badly.

• Upvote (+1) 1