CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It was more of a jab at people thinking Doom is going to play like "Classic Halo" because there is 1/2 pickups on the map at max.

A lot of these comparison are subjective in nature but the lack of sprint alone gave off a distinct halo feel when I played it. Not much else did though.

• Downvote (-1) 1

So what's the quickest way to get req points? Just playing normal Warzone kill farming?

No, Warzone Assault.

You're guaranteed over 1,000 Req Points, and the match can be shorter than 5 minutes if you're on an offensive team of 12 that just steam rolls everything. If you're on defense, if you can stonewall the enemy team, you're looking at ~1,300 Req Points every 6 and 1/2 minutes.

Seriously, who the fuck approved Pegasus?

I mean, how did summarizing the map go? "Well, we give one team the high ground, sniper and almost guaranteed rockets. The other team spawns at the bottom with just an overshield."

"Sounds great, Jeff, see you on Monday."

Isn't the entire point of a pro team to help you identify screwed up stuff?

Hahahaha, would you of liked the map more if the power weapons spawned spawned on the low ground side of the map, and high ground only got overshield? I see where they were going with the map, and I do like for FFAs, but the power weapon spawning fucks it up.

Tried to play Halo 5 yesterday, but I went back to Quantum Break instead.

There is something in the game I really don't like at all. It's hard to explain really.

These season resets are starting to get more and more ridiculous. I've been a consisent mid onyx player every season (came pretty close to champion a few times as well) yet for some reason the system thinks it needs to place me diamond 2, and now I have some of the wierdest stats of all time.

My KD jumped from 1.51 to 1.72 and KDA from 2.25 to 2.45, yet I'm sitting at an amazing win rate of 31% with 41 games played. Apparently the system doesn't agree with where it ranked me either, because I've even had a couple of matches against to4s including champions.

The only point of the whole rank reset is to give out new champion ranks anyway, so why give the ranking system a chance to misplace me into matches I can drop 40 kills on and barely win or even lose?

It's such a vicious cycle.

Play amazing -> still lose or only win barely -> only play above average and get stomped -> tilt after a couple of games because it seems like you have zero impact on the game -> start sucking and lose even more games -> rinse and repeat.

Obviously these rageposts are kind of pointless, but I feel this might be the least fun halo ranking system I've ever played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My KD jumped from 1.51 to 1.72 and KDA from 2.25 to 2.45, yet I'm sitting at an amazing win rate of 31% with 41 games played.

I mean, is 31% "amazing", though? Well under a 50%, which would be average. Unless that was sarcasm, or, somehow, 31% out of 100% is now considered amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, is 31% "amazing", though? Well under a 50%, which would be average. Unless that was sarcasm, or, somehow, 31% out of 100% is now considered amazing.

It was sarcasm lol. He is saying that he can't win anything even though he's putting up great numbers.

It was sarcasm lol. He is saying that he can't win anything even though he's putting up great numbers.

Ohhhhhh, okay, that explains it.

I think the worst argument Ive heard was "Radar doesn't effect games at a pro vs pro level"

Im not quite sure what that's supposed to even counter argue.

Also if I had a dollar for everytime I've heard someone start an argument like " Radar isnt that bad because..."

What people like you don't realize is that making the game as pro friendly as possible alienates the vast majority of the community. I realize that you only want it changed for pro settings, but that means team arena would need to have different settings than other playlists. Halo is far too small of a community now to endure fragmenting the population like this. So having settings across all of arena is crucial for the survival of Halo.

343 was very careful to make a compromise between competitive and casual. So plebs and pros both made concessions but neither camp got exactly what they wanted.

I'd say overall, competitive got it pretty sweet as H5 has a skill gap once again.

Just try not to look everything about Halo so egocentrically, and know that there are bigger issues at play, including the survival of Halo itself.

• Downvote (-1) 9

What people like you don't realize is that making the game as pro friendly as possible alienates the vast majority of the community. I realize that you only want it changed for pro settings, but that means team arena would need to have different settings than other playlists. Halo is far too small of a community now to endure fragmenting the population like this. So having settings across all of arena is crucial for the survival of Halo.

343 was very careful to make a compromise between competitive and casual. So plebs and pros both made concessions but neither camp got exactly what they wanted.

I'd say overall, competitive got it pretty sweet as H5 has a skill gap once again.

Just try not to look everything about Halo so egocentrically, and know that there are bigger issues at play, including the survival of Halo itself.

Disagree with this mentality so much.

Halo's biggest strength is customisation. Robbing it of this strength is asinine. Grifball should be different from default. Infection should be. Competitive settings should be. Warzone should be. Halo is at its best when it offers unique, differing, amazing experiences. Making everyone compromise on a watered down experience is not the way to go.

Don't look at it as fragmentation. Look at it as the game offering meaningful choices amongst diverse content. What makes warzone interesting? The fact that it's different. What makes the difference between slayer and arena meaningful? OBJ gametypes? Meh.

This game's comp settings could be sooooo good. Settling for default is not benefitting anyone.

I cant stand rank resets. I cant stand getting put in diamond season after season when I was onyx every season before that. I shouldn't have to be subjugated to getting shit on by teams of fours who arent even good just because I play solo and my teammates dont know the strategies of each gametype.

If the Memories of Reach shows any hint towards a grenade launcher returning I might cry. I want that gun to make a return so bad.

Disagree with this mentality so much.

Halo's biggest strength is customisation. Robbing it of this strength is asinine. Grifball should be different from default. Infection should be. Competitive settings should be. Warzone should be. Halo is at its best when it offers unique, differing, amazing experiences. Making everyone compromise on a watered down experience is not the way to go.

Don't look at it as fragmentation. Look at it as the game offering meaningful choices amongst diverse content. What makes warzone interesting? The fact that it's different. What makes the difference between slayer and arena meaningful? OBJ gametypes? Meh.

This game's comp settings could be sooooo good. Settling for default is not benefitting anyone.

I get what you're saying but the gamemodes you listed weren't ever designed to be vanilla experiences so of course they're different than default. 

The last thing this game needs is branches of settings with vanilla as a starting point. The very least thing that can be done is removing radar. Anything else it could throw people off outside of the typical competitive player base. 

People will disagree but we've done pretty well with zero to minimal change and I think we should keep that up.

So having settings across all of arena is crucial for the survival of Halo.

Which is why 343 compromised with a tiny radar that literally nobody wants. Now no one is happy. It's a win-win.  :kappa:

Aside from all the settings issues, I really am annoyed that the skins don't pick up in game. What's the point of BR and DMR skins for an arena only player if the only ones I can use are the pistol and ar? I like the fact that you can pick up other's skins; but you should also pick up the skins you have set for any weapons on the map.

Probably because having a Skin morph to a weapon would require an entire level of coding and science to make it work. A Skin is likely 'attached' to a weapon so having to change that every time you picked up a non-loadout weapon would require a ton of extra work put in.

If the Memories of Reach shows any hint towards a grenade launcher returning I might cry. I want that gun to make a return so bad.

To be honest the Plasma Caster is just a more difficult version of the Grenade Launcher. The EMP effect is pretty cool (would be awesome in BTB) but I don't think it would be anything extra special for Arena.