CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Still no update on aiming fix? Can someone who is close with any 343 dev on Twitter ask about that in a non-hostile kind of way? (I don't use Twitter)

I have no hope for the aiming will ever be fixed.

What a piece of shit aiming system 343 created.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you looking in packs for it? It's the reward for maxing out the SPNKr commendation.

LOL

rip cone emblem you have served me well

Well, I finally played a BTB match on Viking. That map is an absolute travesty. I have never had less fun playing CTF. How do people think it's good?

A Halo5 map that doesn´t blind you is a god Halo5 map. I was expecting a strong giant star close to the horizon making it impossible to spot the red team.

Seriously, who the fuck approved Pegasus?

I mean, how did summarizing the map go? "Well, we give one team the high ground, sniper and almost guaranteed rockets. The other team spawns at the bottom with just an overshield."

"Sounds great, Jeff, see you on Monday."

Isn't the entire point of a pro team to help you identify screwed up stuff?

agreed man. It's one of the worst maps i can imagine. Just a mess and no game has rhythm there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Still no update on aiming fix? Can someone who is close with any 343 dev on Twitter ask about that in a non-hostile kind of way? (I don't use Twitter)

It's time to let it go, man. 343 isn't fixing the aiming because they don't think it's broken. Same thing with automatics. Criticizing it is fine, but asking 343 to fix it is as useless as asking them to mention MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we had a Team Beyond Discord group for the Beyond Spartan Company (or an open one for general users) would anyone here use it? It seems like Discord provide the infrastructure for text and VoIP organization that 343 hasn't been able to provide and having real time groups would be easier for coordinating customs and MM parties than a forum would be.

I'd use it.

Ghosts of Meridian arriving next week.

Live stream on April 5th @ 3PM to 5PM PST over at www.twitch.tv/Halo

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/31/ghosts-of-meridian-release-coming-next-week-to-halo-5-guardians/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

EDIT: They pulled it. 

snip

There goes the monthly release.  We are getting our March update in Mid April.

Now that they have slipped out a week, I'm sure they will start slipping later and later on their deliverables.  Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see an April update.  It will probably just be a late May delivery and they'll skip a month to try to catch up.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

So region lock is off? Just played on US servers for the first time since a while.

inb4 two Hammers and a Fuel Rod. 

That post just hurts because it is totally plausible.

rail guns really aren't as cool as video games make them out to be.

As someone that was studying and working on one as a side-project, I sincerly disagree. :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

So has anyone seriously tried Oddball in this game? I feel like it's the only gametype that could redeem how awful Riptide is.

I'd like to try some custom games of it in a near future.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the "bomb," I mean the fuseball look like a skull for Oddball? 

Or, is that to mature?  I guess it's a rated teen game now.  Maybe that would be to explicit for waypointers.

So I just checked out Doom 4s armor customization....

Holy shit we need this in Halo. You can dictate how worn your armor looks, what patterns it has, each individual armor piece, the lights on your armor. Hell, you can even make somewhat limited weapon skins using the same system.

I like dressing up my space barbie as I'm sure many people do, but if the REQ system in Halo 6 features these kinds of options and allows more things than just emblems to be unlocked through gameplay... I think there's a place for the system. As it stands now, there'a alot of filler to keep people grinding but not much in terms of meaningful customization.

I'll be honest though... Sometimes when you give too much freedom to players in customization they come up with some nasty looking shit. See refridgerator Spartans in Reach, picasso spartans in Halo 4.

I hate this point in the season. I don't want to play Arena because my rank will reset at any moment. Come on man when does it actually reset?

Now that they have slipped out a week, I'm sure they will start slipping later and later on their deliverables.  Wouldn't be surprised if we don't even see an April update.  It will probably just be a late May delivery and they'll skip a month to try to catch up.  

We were told at the beginning of March it would arrive early April. 

Plus there's this:

Noble Team Assault Rifle and Magnum Weapon Skin: Can’t wait for the Memories of Reach content update in April? Get your nostalgic kick now with the Noble Team Assault Rifle and Magnum Weapon skins.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/17/get-ready-for-the-halo-world-championship-2016/

Sounds like we're still going to get April's update in April.

• Upvote (+1) 1

5th/6th/7th is mid April?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hate this point in the season. I don't want to play Arena because my rank will reset at any moment. Come on man when does it actually reset?

My best guess is that they add the special emblem for the season in that month's update. Since March's update is releasing this week, most likely they're going to just extend the season by a few days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My best guess is that they add the special emblem for the season in that month's update. Since March's update is releasing this week, most likely they're going to just extend the season by a few days.

It's likely that it's in the game already, just hidden.

So ranks reset today or in new update? Thanks

Should be today, few hours from now.

Yeah on Waypoint it has an option to look at your April 2016 ranks already. I thought that meant they had actually reset the ranks. Guess not. 

Yeah on Waypoint it has an option to look at your April 2016 ranks already. I thought that meant they had actually reset the ranks. Guess not. 

Shouldn't be long then. In the past, it always showed on Waypoint prior to the actual reset.