CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Region lock got removed today.

Give it a few days before we start seeing the posts about latency from the same people who begged for region lock to be removed.

@@Batchford

Yeah, I actually had almost a whole room a people arguing against me on twitch a couple of nights ago. Its insane how deluded the community's sense of competitive values has become.

Nah, the game need some sort of radar, whether it be the one we have or an inproved one that only is on when using spartan ability's
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

It's a shame that poll wasn't shared to other communities. 134 is a pitiful sample size. :(

Other communities that don't know or care one bit about the competitive aspects or sandbox balance of Halo would help our cause to improve the competitive experience of Halo 5? :lxthul:

Pistol is fine as it is, there are countless other issues that are far more important.

Fixing the pistol would fix those other issues.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Pistol is fine as it is, there are countless other issues that are far more important.

Well seeing as it's your starting weapon I can't think of many things that are more important. A better aiming system and party restrictions are the only things to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Fixing the pistol would fix those other issues.

So instead of nerfing autos and managing their map placement we just change the pistol? And how does changing the pistol give us better maps and improved map roatation in playlists? also how does the pistol have anytging to do with an inproved radar system? All im saying is that there are bigger issues with this game than with the rof of the pistol.

Edit: Oh and the servers have been grbage since the update we got with ovwrgrowth.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Well seeing as it's your starting weapon I can't think of many things that are more important. A better aiming system and party restrictions are the only things to me.[/quote

Thats all you think is wrong with this game?

• Downvote (-1) 2

I think a lot of people here know that's bullshit. I've even tried to start discussion before that you have either negged, didn't understand, or just flat out ignored probably because I didn't mention something along the lines of 343 being incompetent or whatever. I have even tried starting a couple of feedback and suggestion threads, one being made that was suggested by Josh Holmes himself and you even posted in, but apparently people didn't care enough to keep them active so I gave up on them.

Early on I talked about how I felt about Halo 5. I'm not a fan of waiting for content that we've had at launch in previous games but overall I felt like this is a solid Halo and they should build on(which is what I posted I believe yesterday). Haven't played as much Halo as I had with 5 probably since early Reach/late 3 and enjoying so much more than 4.

So there. You finally get to see stuff that I have talked about before, but maybe next time look through my post and topic history(if you can handle the dank memes) before you think you know what you're talking about.

That shit is all old. You've haven't posted like that in a long while.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I guess if your not lethul, you get neggs if you have a different views, you wonder why 343 doesnt take beyond seriously. Thereis an obvious attitude problem on this site and thats not the community you want to have if you want a game to grow/have your views heard by devs.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats all you think is wrong with this game?

Yes, because in my post I clearly said these are the only issues with the game...

Which brings us back to my original post, which was there are more important issues th3n the pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

one that only is on when using spartan ability's

Why do people think this would be good? I've never heard an explanation as to why this would be good. I don't think people have thought this idea through properly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I guess if your not lethul, you get neggs if you have a different views, you wonder why 343 doesnt take beyond seriously. Thereis an obvious attitude problem on this site and thats not the community you want to have if you want a game to grow/have your views heard by devs.

I neg Lethul all day every day.

Why do people think this would be good? I've never heard an explanation as to why this would be good. I don't think people have thought this idea through properly.

I think the idea around it is that you have some more freedom as opposed to always being on radar. Also most people dont neg lethul.

So instead of nerfing autos and managing their map placement we just change the pistol?

Yes, because changing the pistol to be more powerful nerfs the autos without further exacerbating the issue of long kill times. You think like a Halo developer, where instead of fixing the root cause of an issue you focus only on the tertiary impacts of the root issue.

And how does changing the pistol give us better maps and improved map roatation in playlists?

Increasing the potency of the pistol will increase how lethal an individual is. This in turns allows for more open and diverse map movement from players, which improves how current maps flow.

also how does the pistol have anytging to do with an inproved radar system?

A stronger pistol would at least mitigate some of the radar issues in terms of charging and autos. The radar should be turned off, but it's not a larger issue than a weak, ineffective starting weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think the idea around it is that you have some more freedom as opposed to always being on radar.

But all it would do is further encourage people to not use SAs in an offensive manner. If you only show up on radar when you use SAs you're not going to use them preemptively. You're going to be encouraged by the game to mostly use them when people are already aware of your presence ie in a defensive, reactive manner.

The only good thing about SAs is how they can promote aggressive movement. A radar system that only shows SA movement would ruin that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes, because changing the pistol to be more powerful nerfs the autos without further exacerbating the issue of long kill times. You think like a Halo developer, where instead of fixing the root cause of an issue you focus only on the tertiary impacts of the root issue.

Increasing the potency of the pistol will increase how lethal an individual is. This in turns allows for more open and diverse map movement from players, which improves how current maps flow.

A stronger pistol would at least mitigate some of the radar issues in terms of charging and autos. The radar should be turned off, but it's not a larger issue than a weak, ineffective starting weapon.

First off, thanks for actual responding like a normal human being.

I guess what it comes down to is our views will always be different, since both of our views are hypotheticals based on a game that neither of us have played.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That shit is all old. You've haven't posted like that in a long while.

I answered the question you asked. Don't try to change it. Quit trying to play the victim.

I also posted a Warzone Firefight Feedback thread a few weeks ago because I care about that mode, but nobody seemed to cared. I care about this game just as much as the next guy and while it may not show while on this forum you can ask a lot of people (@@Moa @@Infinity @@Batchford @@Matty McDee @). It's just easier to chew and swallow in other places compared to Beyond

But all it would do is further encourage people to not use SAs in an offensive manner. If you only show up on radar when you use SAs you're not going to use them preemptively. You're going to be encouraged by the game to mostly use them when people are already aware of your presence ie in a defensive, reactive manner.

The only good thing about SAs is how they can promote aggressive movement. A radar system that only shows SA movement would ruin that.

I think lethul has touched on this but h5 is fast and thats with radar, I dont think that what your saying is true, gameplay tells us otherwise.

Not that I agree with the attitude stuff but they're not listening to us either way. Hate to break it to you.

I think lethul has touched on this but h5 is fast and thats with radar, I dont think that what your saying is true, gameplay tells us otherwise.

What? What gameplay? Nobody has played a single game of H5 with a radar that only shows SA movement.

H5 does play fast. An SA only radar would make it play slower than the radar we currently have.

Not that I agree with the attitude stuff but they're not listening to us either way. Hate to break it to you.

Oh i know.

What? What gameplay? Nobody has played a single game of H5 with a radar that only shows SA movement.

H5 does play fast. An SA only radar would make it play slower than the radar we currently have.

I see what your saying and I agree. At first i though you were taking a different stance.

First off, thanks for actual responding like a normal human being.

I guess what it comes down to is our views will always be different, since both of our views are hypotheticals based on a game that neither of us have played.

It's not hypothetical. It's an evidence-based application of the interactions players experience in a Halo multiplayer game. It's not a matter of opinion that giving players a stronger starting weapon will serve to reduce the power of automatics. It's not a matter of opinion that stronger individuals will be able to more freely move about a map.

• Upvote (+1) 7