CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

F2P Halo would be such a bad idea. Imagine if Halo 4 or Halo 5 was F2P instead of costing $60. They would lose out on all the launch sales in the hundreds of millions of dollars and be left with a population of 30k or 40k players to make money on, most of which wouldn't buy skins or whatever they would try and sell.

F2P Halo would be throwing the name "halo" out the window. I'd say a majority of Halo 5 sales were because of the name "halo" alone. If you get rid of the $60 dollars that comes with people buying just because of the name, you aren't left with much.

The population would 100% be higher than it normally is. And they would make their money off of micro transactions like every other F2P game.

H5 is a great first step. They just need to refine everything and double the content at launch.

Observer mode should of been there at launch

BTB should of been there at launch with dev maps

Forge should of been there at launch, continue to add onto it

Warzone firefight should of been there at launch

No campaign scoring/speed running features, in addition to a subpar campaign

Griffball/Infection/Bomb/Oddball should of been there at launch

Overgrowth+Riptide+Noctus should of been there at launch

Warezone should of been way less static at launch, continue to refine it

Tons of small QOL things

Split screen minimum, some kind of LAN would be nice

All that for H6 AT LAUNCH with some small sandbox changes (longer re spawn on autos, BR smaller reticle, decrease magnetism, non shitty corridor maps etc) and it will be a huge success IMO. H5 will continue to have a slow population drop until it ends up like h4 unless they make it F2P which I think they might. My main train of thought is focusing on Halo 6, we have a great foundation to build on IMO.

I would of preferred Overgrowth and Riptide to never been made lol.

i think they should make h5 a free game for a weekend to download.

As in it's free to play for the weekend or if you download it on the weekend for free, you keep it forever for free?

As in it's free to play for the weekend or if you download it on the weekend for free, you keep it forever for free?

download for the weekend and keep it forever. At this point, people who want the game have gotten it. You can attract lots of other gamers by making it free 

If 343 does make it free (they won't) they should wait until all the original game modes are added back and Warzone Firefight is out a complete game would have better player retention then it would currently.

How do you get the H2 BR? Do you just get the certification from silver packs like other weapons?

No, it's legendary so you get it in Gold packs.

How do you get the H2 BR? Do you just get the certification from silver packs like other weapons?

It's a mythic loadout weapon, so you'll get it from gold packs.

It'll probably be one of the last unlocks you get.

Hey guys remember that 2 week period when we'd all party up and play Warzone together?

Yeah. I miss that.<3

There's the Coliseum remix.

Nice to see a WZ and Arena map in the same month.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You're tryin to tell me Skirmish is a map name and not a playlist or gametype?

And yes, I realize there are much better things to bitch about than this.

You're tryin to tell me Skirmish is a map name and not a playlist or gametype?

And yes, I realize there are much better things to bitch about than this.

Escape from A.R.C.

March on Stormbreak

Raid on Apex 7

Battle of Noctus

Skirmish at Darkstar

Fits right in?

• Upvote (+1) 1

no human architecture in that arena map?! It's gotta be fake, maybe it's some early april fools joke by gamespot :kappa:

Is Onyx=50 really accurate though? Did we ever know what portion of H3 players ever hit 50?

From my experience most Diamond players typically do noticeably worse than Onyx players.

Onyx is a wide range of skill, a 2000 Onyx will play way better than a 1500

Nice to see a WZ and Arena map in the same month.

We've gotten 2 dev maps every month except for Hammer Storm and the BTB update.

Is Onyx=50 really accurate though? Did we ever know what portion of H3 players ever hit 50?

From my experience most Diamond players typically do noticeably worse than Onyx players.

And brigs did noticeably worse than 50s.

Super excited for this update! While Skirmish at Dawnstar still has white UNSC structures, thank god the Coliseum remix does not.

Which is?

Soon.

Should be about this time tomorrow, or a few hours from now tomorrow.

The new Arena map (Coliseum remix) is called Tyrant, and as @@Mattster alluded to, it certainly looks bright:

3029681-h5-guardians-arena-tyrant-map-es

3029682-h5-guardians-arena-tyrant-map-es

3029680-h5-guardians-arena-tyrant-map-es

Also, here's an good look a Skirmish at Darkstar's layout:

3029688-h5-guardians-warzone-skirmish-at

The new Arena map (Coliseum remix) is called Tyrant, and as @@Mattster alluded to, it certainly looks bright:

3029681-h5-guardians-arena-tyrant-map-es

3029682-h5-guardians-arena-tyrant-map-es

3029680-h5-guardians-arena-tyrant-map-es

It looks like there's meant to be a Warthog on it.

F2P Halo would be such a bad idea. Imagine if Halo 4 or Halo 5 was F2P instead of costing $60. They would lose out on all the launch sales in the hundreds of millions of dollars and be left with a population of 30k or 40k players to make money on, most of which wouldn't buy skins or whatever they would try and sell.

F2P Halo would be throwing the name "halo" out the window. I'd say a majority of Halo 5 sales were because of the name "halo" alone. If you get rid of the $60 dollars that comes with people buying just because of the name, you aren't left with much.

Which is why you make only the MP free and only after the game has been available for awhile. That way you get the initial sales and then once interest in the game begins to dwindle, F2P will prop it back up.

I'm sure 343 can perform some sort of analyze and figure out the point where dwindling sales figures would be eclipsed by the money F2P could bring in.

Hell at this point in time h5 from 343/MS' perspective h5 may as well be F2P because anyone who is picking it up at this point in time is getting it used. 343/MS don't see a penny from used game sales. F2P is a win win win as it will boost population and interest in Halo, increase cash flow and undercut the used game market.