CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You just listed three things that were not the three things that I said, and called them the most important tenets of Halo.

I never said they were the most important.

I said "h5 abandones many of halo's core pillars". I later list 3 examples of these many.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

H5 is a great first step. They just need to refine everything and double the content at launch.

Observer mode should of been there at launch

BTB should of been there at launch with dev maps

Forge should of been there at launch, continue to add onto it

Warzone firefight should of been there at launch

No campaign scoring/speed running features, in addition to a subpar campaign

Griffball/Infection/Bomb/Oddball should of been there at launch

Overgrowth+Riptide+Noctus should of been there at launch

Warezone should of been way less static at launch, continue to refine it

Tons of small QOL things

Split screen minimum, some kind of LAN would be nice

All that for H6 AT LAUNCH with some small sandbox changes (longer re spawn on autos, BR smaller reticle, decrease magnetism, non shitty corridor maps etc) and it will be a huge success IMO. H5 will continue to have a slow population drop until it ends up like h4 unless they make it F2P which I think they might. My main train of thought is focusing on Halo 6, we have a great foundation to build on IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Holy fuck the sandtrap remake is TERRIBLY balanced for two flag. 

The way the map is designed, I don't think flag would ever work. And I've yet to play stronghold, or even slayer on the map. I will give credit where credit is due, the remake is amazing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So do the ranks reset at a set time or does 343 just do it whenever they feel like?

Holy fuck if you're going to place me diamond 3, please stop matching me up against Onyx 1700+

Holy fuck if you're going to place me diamond 3, please stop matching me up against Onyx 1700+

Why?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Why?

Well you wouldn't want a Halo 3 38 in MLG matching up with 4 50s in a party now would you?

Someone starving to death can die from an overunbandace of food though.

Nostalgia doesn't just conform to movement either. Large amounts of weapons in the sandbox also hurts shit. Imagine, I know its difficult, but imagine what Halo 5 would be like with only one SR on a map and maybe two rifles. Wouldn't that be so much better? But due to nostalgia we have. Carbine, BR,DMR, SMG, AR, Magnum. The biggest problem of Halo is always the need to bring everything from past iterations to the next game. I understand that you can't look past sprint but Halo 5 has bigger issues honestly.

I agree. People need to get over the new movent and pace of the game. And stop insisting on remakes and bringing old weapons back. Do I really need a SPNKr and H5 rockets? Do we really need H2 BR? It just confuses everything.

• Downvote (-1) 4

The pairing in MM is confusing me as well, especially with the ranks resetting every month. I feel like by the end of the month it finally starts evening out, then it resets and ranks are all over the place. I'd have a team with Onyx, Diamond, and plat. 

Well you wouldn't want a Halo 3 38 in MLG matching up with 4 50s in a party now would you?

How does a diamond equate to a 38 lol? Diamond is the rank right below onyx which is equivalent to a level 50. Diamond 3 is like 44ish. A 44 matching 50s is normal.

We want party restrictions and yet we have people complaining when they match someone one rank set higher than them? Party restrictions cannot happen with super strict skill MM.

How does a diamond equate to a 38 lol? Diamond is the rank right below onyx which is equivalent to a level 50. Diamond 3 is like 44ish. A 44 matching 50s is normal.

We want party restrictions and yet we have people complaining when they match someone one rank set higher than them? Party restrictions cannot happen with super strict skill MM.

Is Onyx=50 really accurate though? Did we ever know what portion of H3 players ever hit 50?

From my experience most Diamond players typically do noticeably worse than Onyx players.

H5 is a great first step. They just need to refine everything and double the content at launch.

Observer mode should of been there at launch

BTB should of been there at launch with dev maps

Forge should of been there at launch, continue to add onto it

Warzone firefight should of been there at launch

No campaign scoring/speed running features, in addition to a subpar campaign

Griffball/Infection/Bomb/Oddball should of been there at launch

Overgrowth+Riptide+Noctus should of been there at launch

Warezone should of been way less static at launch, continue to refine it

Tons of small QOL things

Split screen minimum, some kind of LAN would be nice

All that for H6 AT LAUNCH with some small sandbox changes (longer re spawn on autos, BR smaller reticle, decrease magnetism, non shitty corridor maps etc) and it will be a huge success IMO. H5 will continue to have a slow population drop until it ends up like h4 unless they make it F2P which I think they might. My main train of thought is focusing on Halo 6, we have a great foundation to build on IMO.

If they make the game F2P how wil the compensate the people who purchased the game at launch?

343 isn't quite the most favourably looked upon studio and making the game F2p without compensation would very well kill them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How does oddball play in this game? Any HCS potential?

So do the ranks reset at a set time or does 343 just do it whenever they feel like?

Set time.

Why is there a sword on overgrowth again?

Unless they never took it off and I'm going crazy.

For whatever reason, Social uses old map variants. Happened last time and it happened this time.

F2P Halo would be such a bad idea. Imagine if Halo 4 or Halo 5 was F2P instead of costing $60. They would lose out on all the launch sales in the hundreds of millions of dollars and be left with a population of 30k or 40k players to make money on, most of which wouldn't buy skins or whatever they would try and sell.

F2P Halo would be throwing the name "halo" out the window. I'd say a majority of Halo 5 sales were because of the name "halo" alone. If you get rid of the $60 dollars that comes with people buying just because of the name, you aren't left with much.

• Upvote (+1) 1