CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Tempted to get A40s while playing Halo, yes or no?

Yes if you can get a decent price since they've been on the market for awhile.

Good headphones with the mixamp.

Played 4 BTB game last night and it was just a miserable experience.  I HATE standoff with a passion.  Who's fucking idea was it to bring that garbage back into existence?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Played 4 BTB game last night and it was just a miserable experience. I HATE standoff with a passion. Who's fucking idea was it to bring that garbage back into existence?

The redditpoint kids probably, the large majority of those sites are H3 kids give or take. Its a shame because none of the actually good H3 maps even work with H5.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The redditpoint kids probably, the large majority of those sites are H3 kids give or take. Its a shame because none of the actually good H3 maps even work with H5.

Deadlock (I think that's its name) was made pre-release when some forgers/cartographers went out to 343 to try out Forge.

Played 4 BTB game last night and it was just a miserable experience.  I HATE standoff with a passion.  Who's fucking idea was it to bring that garbage back into existence?

You can thank Nokyard for that one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Deadlock (I think that's its name) was made pre-release when some forgers/cartographers went out to 343 to try out Forge.

Yes, true. The thing there's always been demand for those maps from what I've seen, for Reach and even H4. The forgers back then didn't have enough experience with the game mechanics to make them work with H5 properly, which is why imo Deadlock plays so badly.

Yes, true. The thing there's always been demand for those maps from what I've seen, for Reach and even H4. The forgers back then didn't have enough experience with the game mechanics to make them work with H5 properly, which is why imo Deadlock plays so badly.

Or maybe it's the fact that BTB maps have been designed in Halo 5 to utilize AR/Magnum starts? This would easily make most of the BTB maps playable and enjoyable.

Leave the auto cannon guys to Warzone and all of it's shenanigans. 

inb4 shenanigans-o.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Getting REALLY sick and fucking tired of my last headshots not connecting. It's gotten to the point where the second someone challenges me I just run away.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Or maybe it's the fact that BTB maps have been designed in Halo 5 to utilize AR/Magnum starts? This would easily make most of the BTB maps playable and enjoyable.

Leave the auto cannon guys to Warzone and all of it's shenanigans. 

inb4 shenanigans-o.gif

I certainly think that's part of the problem, but the fact of the matter is that most of these maps are still cluttered with a ridiculous number of easy precision weapons anyway, including the mandatory minimum two H2 BRs.  You can't walk for more than 2 seconds without tripping over one. And I don't think the awful idea that is having a sniper/snipers on Altar and Viking has anything to do with your starting weapons. It would just change from people pitching a tent with their starting weapons and locking down sight-lines, to people running to their favorite easier Magnum spawn and camping with that. I still prefer Magnum starts, though.

Getting REALLY sick and fucking tired of my last headshots not connecting. It's gotten to the point where the second someone challenges me I just run away.

NOW you are play like they intended you too.  Welcome to Halo'duty.  Use your handy dandy thrust and sprint to run away!!!!!

/s

• Upvote (+1) 2

NOW you are play like they intended you too. Welcome to Halo'duty. Use your handy dandy thrust and sprint to run away!!!!!

/s

I play like such a bitch it makes me feel dirty. Just put 2-3 shots into someone and sprint away. Usually end with low kills and deaths with high assists and damage. The game isn't as satisfying when you aren't doing the ONE THING YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO.

I certainly think that's part of the problem, but the fact of the matter is that most of these maps are still cluttered with a ridiculous number of easy precision weapons anyway, including the mandatory minimum two H2 BRs.  You can't walk for more than 2 seconds without tripping over one. And I don't think the awful idea that is having a sniper/snipers on Altar and Viking has anything to do with your starting weapons. It would just change from people pitching a tent with their starting weapons and locking down sight-lines, to people running to their favorite easier Magnum spawn and camping with that. I still prefer Magnum starts, though.

I ran around on some of the newer maps and here's some things of note:

- Magnum Ammo spread around (I wonder why...?)

- Less Rifles than the original BTB maps introduced with the playlist.

- Some maps like scavenger have pretty good segmentation to prevent massive LoS from being abused.

All in all, these maps would play significantly better with magnum starts. Furthermore, double sniper maps are a travesty in most BTB experiences since 3. Shouldn't be a thing.

One thing I've noticed about the Halo community is that they tend to put nostalgia over functional, practical gameplay. Primarily one of the main reasons why we have so much conflicting sandbox design and other issues with the latest Halo games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 would completely fucking butcher this in every way. They've already shown they can't balance lighting, considering half of halo 5 is blindingly bright and half is pitch black. 

But who are you to talk? Legion is too dark mate.  :kappa:

Agreed. BTB is one of my least favorite playlists. The maps and spawns are pretty bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

- Some maps like scavenger have pretty good segmentation to prevent massive LoS from being abused.

All in all, these maps would play significantly better with magnum starts. Furthermore, double sniper maps are a travesty in most BTB experiences since 3. Shouldn't be a thing.

One thing I've noticed about the Halo community is that they tend to put nostalgia over functional, practical gameplay. Primarily one of the main reasons why we have so much conflicting sandbox design and other issues with the latest Halo games.

What? The Halo community can't get their head out of the past? First I've heard of that.

All of this is true. Magnum starts would be much better. However, I still think at least half of the maps would play poorly regardless. And all evidence of Antifreeze should be expunged from the universe. Replace it with that other kind of similar map that isn't horrid. I think it's called Artemis?

What? The Halo community can't get their head out of the past? First I've heard of that.

You say that jokingly, but ever since Halo 3 with "the AR is back!," we've seen this nostalgia thing touted to its maximum. Just iterate on what we have, drop the stuff that doesn't work and bring new stuff to the table that enhances the meta without completely redesigning it every game.

You say that jokingly, but ever since Halo 3 with "the AR is back!," we've seen this nostalgia thing touted to its maximum. Just iterate on what we have, drop the stuff that doesn't work and bring new stuff to the table that enhances the meta without completely redesigning it every game.

It was both sarcasm and joking to hide my sorrow at the fact that you are completely correct. People love nostalgia.

Did they lower the weighting of getting Basin in BTB? I haven't played it since the new maps dropped and now I'm always getting Antifreeze.

Nostalgia is what's hindering Halo 5 the most.

Why do you think both the AR and SMG is in the game as well as the Magnum/BR/DMR?

• Upvote (+1) 1