CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Like 5 months after release and people on Waypoint still complaining about motion sensor range being too small and the Pistol being too good.

Why does 343 ask for their opinion on balance?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did you just glaze over the "work on" part?

You are talking to me like I am an idiot.

As soon as we say "we can't improve the game because we're worried about the stability of the community," that is the point at which the game will never, ever get better. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Guys, the population is terrible for this game and only getting worse, big changes need to happen alongside a major increase in content at launch for the next Halo game. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

Guys, the population is terrible for this game and only getting worse, big changes need to happen alongside a major increase in content at launch for the next Halo game.

It's really time for a server browser. Surprised a game with forge and good custom options has never received a server browser that would add years of life.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Like 5 months after release and people on Waypoint still complaining about motion sensor range being too small and the Pistol being too good.

Why does 343 ask for their opinion on balance?

The pistol being too good?

These must be the ones that go 1 and 29 in CE.

• Upvote (+1) 4

But they go 1-29 because the game is bad, not them. It's never them.

No matter what i do, i cant do the jump to top mid on fathom. I hit where you're supposed to, but i never get the extra footing to jump up

same thing with the jump from yard to top gold. I aim it perfectly, and it just doesnt clamber

No matter what i do, i cant do the jump to top mid on fathom. I hit where you're supposed to, but i never get the extra footing to jump up

same thing with the jump from yard to top gold. I aim it perfectly, and it just doesnt clamber

On Fathom, Hold down crouch after you jump from bottom until you jump off the ledge that sticks out in the middle.

Hold down crouch after jumping up to all hard to reach ledges. I think you're talking about Plaza on the second part?

99% sure you're not holding crouch on both jumps and that's your problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree. I actually have a friend who has a similar belief. He's not even bad at the game, and he's been playing Halo since Halo 1.

When I explain to him that the pistol needs a buff to a 4SK, he says that it should stay as it is because it wouldn't make any sense for it to be more damaging than rifles in the game because IRL Rifle > Handgun.

I can imagine that this is their general line of thought on Waypoint.

Fucking idiots.

On Fathom, Hold down crouch after you jump from bottom until you jump off the ledge that sticks out in the middle.

Hold down crouch after jumping up to all hard to reach ledges. I think you're talking about Plaza on the second part?

99% sure you're not holding crouch on both jumps and that's your problem.

you're right i'm not crouching, because i didnt think crouch jumping made a difference with clamber. Will try it later

you're right i'm not crouching, because i didnt think crouch jumping made a difference with clamber. Will try it later

Yea once I learned this it helped a lot. Crouch stabilizing helps a lot.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Stabilize crouching is the only way to make a lot of the high ledges. Also remember to crouch right after jumping from bottom until you jump off the middle ledge on fathom. Use the wall behind the ledge like a basketball board. You want to rebound off if it. Hope that helps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree. I actually have a friend who has a similar belief. He's not even bad at the game, and he's been playing Halo since Halo 1.

When I explain to him that the pistol needs a buff to a 4SK, he says that it should stay as it is because it wouldn't make any sense for it to be more damaging than rifles in the game because IRL Rifle > Handgun.

I can imagine that this is their general line of thought on Waypoint.

Fucking idiots.

Everytime someone brings out that realism argument, point them out on 2 things,

1) The Scorpion is a terrible Tank design, the Abrams would crap all over it IRL.

2) The Warthog is a combat vehicle made of paper. What the f**k. Gunner has no cover, the passenger would be kiled by how uncomfortablr it would to be in that thing.

Or you can go the short route.

"We are fucking super soldiers in rainbow coloured armour, realism doesn't apply"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eagle Square is hot garbage to me. Bad spawns, awkward power weapon/up locations and weird sight lines/map flow. I really dislike it. Looks nice though.

Eagle Square is hot garbage to me. Bad spawns, awkward power weapon/up locations and weird sight lines/map flow. I really dislike it. Looks nice though.

GG that last game dude. 

Eagle Square is hot garbage

I read this wrong for a second and was thinking "da fuck did I do?"

• Upvote (+1) 3

Haha don't worry man you're good...for now. When you start shilling then be prepared.

Can totally agree on the sight lines but I haven't run into any bad spawns yet. Then again, I've played it about three times. 

You're still hot garbage :kappa:

Can totally agree on the sight lines but I haven't run into any bad spawns yet. Then again, I've played it about three times.

You're still hot garbage :kappa:

Bad spawns seem to be more if a problem with the game's algorithm or whatever. There needs to be a heavier factor such as friendly/enemy location and you should never spawn in front of a sniper or on a nade. But as far as bad spawns go, most BTB maps flip spawns when they shouldn't (Deadlock) and others don't seem to flip ever (Fracture). Fracture is so instantly easy to melt people off spawn it's ridiculous. I think it has static spawns.

I'd be happy if they didn't even release a Halo 6 multiplayer and instead just kept building on H5.

An ODST style release would be great, a new campaign which comes with the H5 multiplayer suite. Combine that with a massive update to the H5 multiplayer and I'd be very happy.

I'd be happy if they didn't even release a Halo 6 multiplayer and instead just kept building on H5.

An ODST style release would be great, a new campaign which comes with the H5 multiplayer suite. Combine that with a massive update to the H5 multiplayer and I'd be very happy.

At the very least, don't overhaul the entire engine again and re-work the whole game. 

Halo 5 has a great engine. All they'd need is some tweaks to allow split-screen (running at 30FPS for split-screen?) and we're golden. 

I don't doubt you at all, but how do you know? I can see that Twitch viewership is really low any thread on reddit Halo has very few responses compared to other games like Black Ops, Destiny or The Division. But those sources probably aren't great metrics to measure population. Just curious if you had another source to measure population?

The population doesn't matter as long as I can find games!!!

Oh wait :simms: