CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Aye I matched Kampy in BTB. 'Twas fun.

Also, not a fan of the gauss hog on Recurve. It's basically a Railgun with unlimited ammo and great mobility.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aye I matched Kampy in BTB. 'Twas fun.

Also, not a fan of the gauss hog on Recurve. It's basically a Railgun with unlimited ammo and great mobility.

I keep matching with @. We seem to do pretty well.

in other news

Riptide needs to have an OS on the opposite side of green so that people don't just grab storm, beam, and BR's and go sit in green all game. I played Riptide 4 out of the 6 games I played in Arena/TS and it was the worst games I've ever played.

in other news

Riptide needs to have an OS on the opposite side of green so that people don't just grab storm, beam, and BR's and go sit in green all game. I played Riptide 4 out of the 6 games I played in Arena/TS and it was the worst games I've ever played.

I QTB now if I get any of the DLC maps. It's MCC all over again. Idk why social slayer is using older versions of maps but it makes maps like Riptide even worse. Sucks they are weighted so heavily and I have to quit my build so frequently.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The new Doom Multiplayer beta is custom loadout cheese and big 6v6 battles. For those of you who were wanting to jump over to it for a more "Arena" experience, it's sad to say that Halo 5 has more of that aspect than the grandfather of FPS. 

The new Doom Multiplayer beta is custom loadout cheese and big 6v6 battles. For those of you who were wanting to jump over to it for a more "Arena" experience, it's sad to say that Halo 5 has more of that aspect than the grandfather of FPS. 

We've known this since the first alpha details leaked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's no 4v4 or 2v2 modes? Not even 1v1?

And dooms movement is still better than Halo

At the cost of loadouts, weak weapons, and no gun pickups.

I'll take loadouts over a lack of utility weapon anyday.

We've known this since the first alpha details leaked.

I was hoping it would be a side gametype for those who just wanna have a chaos fest, but it looks like it's the default settings for Doom. Snap Map will have to be the savior for the game if it wants any longevity.

There's no 4v4 or 2v2 modes? Not even 1v1?

As of yet, I haven't seen any confirmation of the 6 gametypes able to be played with a lower player count. And even with the faster movement, the maps are huge.

in other news

I actually had a dream the other day where I matched killmachine and Lemon in a game of BTB MCC. 

Upon further play time, I have concluded that the new Deadlock is somehow actually worse than the previous one (reduced sun glare and aesthetics aside). The precision weapon clutter is so obnoxious in BTB, even more so on the H3 remakes. And, of course, they added an H2 BR, because no map would be complete without it.

This entire game literally consists of playing against full parties while having teammates that are the shittiest Halo players known to man. I don't know how the hell you can go double negative in a game you log over 100 hours in especially when Halo 5 is one of the easiest Halo games to get kills in. How my teammates even made it into Onyx is beyond me. I swear to God if they don't add party restrictions into at least one playlist in the next 3 months, this game won't be touched again. The population is already shitty which means you are more likely to run into the same parties over and over again. Such a no-brainer yet here we are how many months after launch STILL asking for this shit. 343 has this stupid ass vendetta against fair matches for some reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope Halo 6 will not be like Halo 5.

Probably won't be because I am quite certain it will be waaaaay more Reqy'er. 

I really hope Halo 6 will not be like Halo 5.

Ya, I hope it plays completely different for like the 4th time in the franchise :/

Let's be honest here. Halo would benefit so much more if there were little changes instead of huge changes. You can argue we're in this spot because of 343's huge changes but I think 343 has found the sweet spot in the way the game is played and should focus on building on it and not reinventing the wheel again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ya, I hope it plays completely different for like the 4th time in the franchise :/

Let's be honest here. Halo would benefit so much more if there were little changes instead of huge changes. You can argue we're in this spot because of 343's huge changes but I think 343 has found the sweet spot in the way the game is played and should focus on building on it and not reinventing the wheel again.

You think this game is the "sweet spot"? I guess if you want Halo to not even be a top 10 most played game on it's exclusive console then yea go for it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

You think this game is the "sweet spot"? I guess if you want Halo to not even be a top 10 most played game on it's exclusive console then yea go for it.

I think that has more to do with the lack of content than how the game plays

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think that has more to do with the lack of content than how the game plays

I too enjoy passive gameplay and slow killing weapons

Its both

• Upvote (+1) 2

I too enjoy passive gameplay and slow killing weapons

Its both

Nice edge. Its 100% less to due with the gameplay and more due to less content, and I usually think Ryan W is the edgelord.

The gameplay is to be honest a step in the right direction over shit like H3 (still hate Sprint)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nice edge. Its 100% less to due with the gameplay and more due to less content, and I usually think Ryan W is the edgelord.

The gameplay is to be honest a step in the right direction over shit like H3 (still hate Sprint)

It is definitely a step in the right direction, but this is definitely not where we should stop. There are so many more things that could be done to improve Halo and stopping now would be awful.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

This entire game literally consists of playing against full parties while having teammates that are the shittiest Halo players known to man. I don't know how the hell you can go double negative in a game you log over 100 hours in especially when Halo 5 is one of the easiest Halo games to get kills in. How my teammates even made it into Onyx is beyond me. I swear to God if they don't add party restrictions into at least one playlist in the next 3 months, this game won't be touched again. The population is already shitty which means you are more likely to run into the same parties over and over again. Such a no-brainer yet here we are how many months after launch STILL asking for this shit. 343 has this stupid ass vendetta against fair matches for some reason.

Yes party restrictions are needed BADLY I matched three teams in a fucking row it's fucking ridiculous.

Sort of derailing the conversation...

Just picked up the game, could someone give me the settings to re-create the aiming in the beta, or just give me some solid settings? I know that they're were posts before but I cannot find them for the life of me.

Thanks.