CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

What did 343 do wrong there?

I think he's saying they possibly could have gotten Marty if they had just asked. 

I highly doubt they could have gotten Marty so easily.

By the time Halo 4's music was being worked on, he was working on Destiny. Halo 5's music was being worked on and nearly complete by the time he left Bungie.

Now Halo 6? I'm sure there's a chance. Depends if he wants to leave Highwire Games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo really hasn't been the same without him. It'd be great for him to come back on the last installment.  It'd also be great if Halo 6 had a campaign worth replaying. H5 was disappointing on that front and so many others.

What did 343 do wrong there?

This post explain why:

I think he's saying they possibly could have gotten Marty if they had just asked.

But in typical 343 style they had to put a medicore twist in Halo.

because they feel they know the best when it comes to future of halo

By the time Halo 4's music was being worked on, he was working on Destiny. Halo 5's music was being worked on and nearly complete by the time he left Bungie.

Now Halo 6? I'm sure there's a chance. Depends if he wants to leave Highwire Games.

They could just hire him for a game

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember Steve Downs saying that they considered going with different character voices, really wonder how that would've went.

I remember Steve Downs saying that they considered going with different character voices, really wonder how that would've went.

Should have gotten Kiefer Sutherland.  :kappa:

Oh, btw, some amazing CS games going on right now. 642,000+ viewers on a Tuesday morning holy shit. 

Should have gotten Kiefer Sutherland. :kappa:

Oh, btw, some amazing CS games going on right now. 642,000+ viewers on a Tuesday morning holy shit.

MGS right

They could just hire him for a game

Maybe? I have no idea what his contract was. 

I think H5's soundtrack shows that Halo doesn't really need Marty. I'm sure he would have done a fantastic job but I think Kazuma nailed the soundtrack.

To each their own, I find Halo 5's soundtrack completely forgettable. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 5's score would've been good for Halo: The Movie.

Just not what I want or expect out of a Halo game soundtrack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly Marty shouldn't be bound to Halo. He has his own game studio now. Let him create games he enjoys. And the way Bungie is now they would never have let Marty work on another game whilst he was working on Destiny. People need to stop blaming 343 for every little thing. Its moronic and childish.

To each their own, I find Halo 5's soundtrack completely forgettable. 

There were a number of moments in the campaign which I thought were really memorable due to the music, probably more so than any of the other campaigns barring maybe ODST.

Honestly Marty shouldn't be bound to Halo. He has his own game studio now. Let him create games he enjoys. And the way Bungie is now they would never have let Marty work on another game whilst he was working on Destiny. People need to stop blaming 343 for every little thing. Its moronic and childish.

People will stop blame 343 when they stop screwing things up. It's that simple.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think Marty would have done a much better job that Kazuma for H5. Kazuma absolutely nailed the soundtrack in this game.

It was good, but nothing special, or Halo-y. Hence why I think it suits H5 so well.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People will stop blame 343 when they stop screwing things up. It's that simple.

Except the fact that they had nothing to do with Marty. He said he would be open to collaborating with Kazumi now. He never said that he could for Halo 4 or 5.

Except the fact that they had nothing to do with Marty. He said he would be open to collaborating with Kazumi now. He never said that he could for Halo 4 or 5.

You said that people who blame 343 was childish. I told you that 343 was responsible for the screw ups they have done.

Nothing to do with marty at all

One of my favourite moments in the campaign was on Reunion when you can either fly the Phaetons through the canyons or run through using gravity lifts. The music playing during that section is probably one of my favourite tracks from any Halo soundtrack.

snip

Yea, but that could go into the next Bourne movie and I wouldn't find it out of place. The great thing about Marty's score was the mystery and just how different it was. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

If they don't do it soon, then there really isn't a chance. They have to start making music soon to be finished by launch, if they haven't already. I guess 343 is happy with their new composer, good for them...

Yea, but that could go into the next Bourne movie and I wouldn't find it out of place. The great thing about Marty's score was the mystery and just how different it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1fPUejOTB8

https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3Dm_cwHnQ7Xsg&ved=0ahUKEwivrevtoObLAhWpA5oKHRcgCisQtwIIKjAF&usg=AFQjCNFRVfLGG1xM-N3rzCqzJaI-BwUOKw

See, I've probably listened to this song (or the Halo 1 version) for 1,000+ hours and it never got old. The original actually just always reminds me of a bunch of Xboxes playing it at once at LAN parties and I instantly get put into a good mood. 

• Upvote (+1) 2