CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Because the guy with the higher CSR this season will have more difficult placement games next season.

Why would he have a more difficult time if he's Champion 1? Unless people surpass him in skill, nothing will change.

Why would he have a more difficult time if he's Champion 1? Unless people surpass him in skill, nothing will change.

I would assume someone who is champ 1 this season will face more highly skilled opponents in his placement games than a low onyx player would.

Unless background MMR is also erased. Which I doubt.

I would assume someone who is champ 1 this season will face more highly skilled opponents in his placement games than a low onyx player would.

But the low Onyx is significantly crappier at the game than the champ1.

But the low Onyx is significantly crappier at the game than the champ1.

And yet he'l have an easier road to getting the max placement t of 1700.

Also why is there still nothing in game that displays the highest rank you've ever achieved?

As the season draws to a close it's starting to dawn that it's all so pointless. Got champ? Cool. In 5 days it'l be erased and displayed nowhere in game. It may as well have never happened.

This encourages people to stop playing as there is no long term goal. Everything you do is temporary and erased. Displaying highest CSR attained would give people a goal to shoot for and a reason to log back on each season to grind.

I really think they should have some champion-specific cosmetics—like weapon skins, emblems, armor—that you can only get by reaching champion ranks. Ideally have something specific to each season, in addition to the participation emblem everyone else gets.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And yet he'l have an easier road to getting the max placement t of 1700.

Not really, do you think is easier for the low Onyx Player than literally the best player of the ladder, the guy who has proven to be the best in the playlist. If you have to bet would you bet that's some onyx player would do better in placements than the champ1 ???

I really think they should have some champion-specific cosmetics—like weapon skins, emblems, armor—that you can only get by reaching champion ranks. Ideally have something specific to each season, in addition to the participation emblem everyone else gets.

While that would be cool, it doesn't really solve the problem. Especially at ranks under champ.

The skill of your opponents gets taken into account in the ranking system though. If you win against higher skilled opponents you rank up faster I thought.

The aiming in Halo 5 frustrates me so much I want to blame it on my controller, but I know it's just Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The skill of your opponents gets taken into account in the ranking system though. If you win against higher skilled opponents you rank up faster I thought.

Ya but there is a cap of how high you can place.

Also the ranks don't stay the same, lets say i was Onyx 1700 last season and i won my 10 placements, I won't be put on onyx 1700 u would barely be put at onyx 1500 or diamond. Your last season CSR gets reduced.

The matchmaking parameters are very flexible. I was about 1800 when I was matching against teams of champions in team arena. Theoretically, as you finish your placement matches it will start matching you up against better players. If you finished 1700 this season and it was reset, you would still match 1700's from last season as well as champions too. You will probably lose badly to those champions and your rank will take a dive when being placed.

I'm sure the cap has it's pros and cons but I think the pro's outweigh the cons. Like I said I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. 

Is there any resource at all that estimates the average 24UU count of Warzone vs. arena?

If we had such a resource we wouldn't be guesstimating population numbers.

Also the ranks don't stay the same, lets say i was Onyx 1700 last season and i won my 10 placements, I won't be put on onyx 1700 u would barely be put at onyx 1500 or diamond. Your last season CSR gets reduced.

Ah, ok. That makes sense then.

How many memes are in it

A brazilian

"HELLLLLOOOO, FUCKBOYS".

It's pretty angry, maybe not as angry as precedent, but pissy enough.

The idea of H5 MP going F2P and being supported by reqs is an interesting idea. I think at the 1 year mark they should do it. Population will receive a massive bump up and this can build hype going into the next Halo.

Yes, I personally hate the idea of investing so much time and $ into a multiplayer experience that will not continue indefinitely. Console titles like CoD and Halo are still using antiquated business models. Part of why LoL, Dota 2, and CS:GO are so popular is because Riot and Valve are not looking to make sequels to those games. They continually support and update their existing titles which allows the fanbase to continue to play and invest in those titles.

It is very much a snowball effect. When deciding what I want to play, I could try something new, but I've put so much time and $ into this game. Do I really want to abandon it now? Let it all go to waste? I've got skins from 2 years ago! Let's keep going...

But it's pretty dumb that someone who was 1700 this season can get the same initial placement next season as the guy at champ 1 (3400 csr).

I think it's only an issue because the ranks reset every month. I think it's very good you can't place super high, but only in longer form seasons (ie. LoL)

Should be for gold/plat and up. Champion is less than 1% of the player base. Makes no sense for them to spend resources putting time and effort into quality skins for such a limited part of the player base (especially when it's not being monetized). 

The idea of H5 MP going F2P and being supported by reqs is an interesting idea. I think at the 1 year mark they should do it. Population will receive a massive bump up and this can build hype going into the next Halo.

Halo might go to F2P, but H5 won't. That will stay premium.

Halo might go to F2P, but H5 won't. That will stay premium.

Which is too bad.