CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So, mmm 1 month later we still have the power up glitch crashing games. Lets hope they don't break anything next patch, so we are stuck with another game breaking bug for another month.

It's the brightest map I have ever had the displeasure of playing on. It's like staring into the sun.

The Halo 5 forge variant?

I couldn't even find the sun on the map while I was playing.

The Halo 5 forge variant?

I couldn't even find the sun on the map while I was playing.

It wasn't bright for you? I had to turn my in game brightness to 1. It gave me a headache.

It wasn't bright for you? I had to turn my in game brightness to 1. It gave me a headache.

Nope. 

My only issue with visibility is it's hard to see across the map. It seems foggy at a distance?

Nope.

My only issue with visibility is it's hard to see across the map. It seems foggy at a distance?

Maybe that's what it is. All I know is I couldn't see a thing and everything looked bleached.

Anyone wanna PM me what happened with the Cartographers?. Speaking of which did anyone see that community cartographers are now canon.

The Sandtrap remake sucks so bad for CTF. That sniper has to goooooooooo. And why do rocket pod missiles also have magnetism? Literally everything that fires has magnetism. Tanks, the gungoose, ghosts, why couldn't they at least make vehicles take SOME skill to use? GG 343. You've successfully made everything as easy as possible. Might as well give everything a shotgun sized reticule.

Exile wwas solid.

Except it wasn't and isn't that the map that went to 10 FPS whenever everyone bombarded the middle cave with grenades?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rat's Nest would've been a much better remake to play than Valhalla; that map is one of the best BTB maps in Halo history. Maps with that similar style of segregation would play much better in H5's sandbox compared to open fields like Blood Gulch, Sandtrap, Standoff, Exile, etc. Some of the maps in our playlist have this style, but are far and few in between.

So how does rank resting in onyx/champ work? I'm at 2450 csr. If I perform at a decent clip in my placements will I get placed right back at 2400 or do I have to start all over from 1500 again?

Rat's Nest would've been a much better remake to play than Valhalla; that map is one of the best BTB maps in Halo history. Maps with that similar style of segregation would play much better in H5's sandbox compared to open fields like Blood Gulch, Sandtrap, Standoff, Exile, etc. Some of the maps in our playlist have this style, but are far and few in between.

Rats nest wold be awful in H5. So much auto abuse. So many corners to thrust away behind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how does rank resting in onyx/champ work? I'm at 2450 csr. If I perform at a decent clip in my placements will I get placed right back at 2400 or do I have to start all over from 1500 again?

There was an update during a previous season that stopped placing people higher than CSR 1700 for new seasons. So after the next reset, regardless of your rank the highest you can achieve is 1700. I'm not exactly sure the weighting on how it caries over, meaning would a champ 1 be guaranteed 1700 CSR? I would imagine they'd reach it from their skill level alone, but say a friend was playing all their placement matches.. I still think they could place pretty low regardless, but would just be matching high players in placement matches.

There was an update during a previous season that stopped placing people higher than CSR 1700 for new seasons. So after the next reset, regardless of your rank the highest you can achieve is 1700. I'm not exactly sure the weighting on how it caries over, meaning would a champ 1 be guaranteed 1700 CSR? I would imagine they'd reach it from their skill level alone, but say a friend was playing all their placement matches.. I still think they could place pretty low regardless, but would just be matching high players in placement matches.

Such a confusing system.

Such a confusing system.

You'll get the hang of it.

• Nobody can be placed higher than 1700 CSR.
  • You work your way up to champion and earn a high CSR.
  • Ranks are reset. When they are, you should play placement games against similar skilled opponents from last seasons ranks.
  • If you do well in your placement games, you can place 1700 CSR. If this is early into the season then you are very close to champion.
  • If you completely blow your placement games, you can still place lower than Onyx, and most likely Diamond.

<p>

You'll get the hang of it.

• Nobody can be placed higher than 1700 CSR.
  • You work your way up to champion and earn a high CSR.
  • Ranks are reset. When they are, you should play placement games against similar skilled opponents from last seasons ranks.
  • If you do well in your placement games, you can place 1700 CSR. If this is early into the season then you are very close to champion.
  • If you completely blow your placement games, you can still place lower than Onyx, and most likely Diamond.

But it's pretty dumb that someone who was 1700 this season can get the same initial placement next season as the guy at champ 1 (3400 csr).

I loved that map, what did you hate about it? Was it how you could hide in caves while taking pop shots at people and due to the fact that nades in Halo 4 were pretty bad it was difficult to force them out without going in there yourself?

Yeah, that was annoying.

What's wrong with Exile?

Was one of the better H4 maps...

The map was a ridiculously small donut with terribly designed Combat Areas. The small base with the roof and the central structure were extremely claustrophobic. The back base (crashed ship) pressed against the wall was somewhat well designed but it didn't help that you could barely move around the map without being lit up by something completely broken in the sandbox because it was so wide open.

Pre-Turbo it housed the Gauss Hog, the most broken vehicle in Halo's existence (outside of H1 Vehicles). Having 16 Players on the map just amplified all these issues, and Ordnance/Loadouts just made things even worse thanks to Beam Rifles being god-tier and DMRs/Plasma Nades ruining vehicles and the openness of the map.

Exile was extremely fun to play with Dominion.

If by extremely fun you mean snowball-y and unbalanced, definitely. C Base on Exile Dominion let's you just farm Rockets and Sniper to their full ammo count and reign hell into the center B site.

The map was good 5v5 (Extraction) but was a terrible BTB map.

But it's pretty dumb that someone who was 1700 this season can get the same initial placement next season as the guy at champ 1 (3400 csr).

Why is that dumb? Having an initial placement that is similar across the board makes getting to Champion Rank more meaningful.

Pre-Turbo it housed the Gauss Hog, the most broken vehicle in Halo's existence (outside of H1 Vehicles). 

Winning Exile 101:

1. Get Gauss Hog.

2. Get someone with the motor skills of (at the very least) a hamster.

3. Go in circles.

4. Has your team won yet? If not, go in more circles.

5. Has your team trapped the other team in their base? Hang outside like the specter of Death itself.

6. Marvel in the ease of your 30+ kills and/or assists.

Why is that dumb? Having an initial placement that is similar across the board makes getting to Champion Rank more meaningful.

Because the guy with the higher CSR this season will have more difficult placement games next season.

Also why is there still nothing in game that displays the highest rank you've ever achieved?

As the season draws to a close it's starting to dawn that it's all so pointless. Got champ? Cool. In 5 days it'l be erased and displayed nowhere in game. It may as well have never happened.

This encourages people to stop playing as there is no long term goal. Everything you do is temporary and erased. Displaying highest CSR attained would give people a goal to shoot for and a reason to log back on each season to grind.

Also why is there still nothing in game that displays the highest rank you've ever achieved?

As the season draws to a close it's starting to dawn that it's all so pointless. Got champ? Cool. In 5 days it'l be erased and displayed nowhere in game. It may as well have never happened.

This encourages people to stop playing as there is no long term goal. Everything you do is temporary and erased. Displaying highest CSR attained would give people a goal to shoot for and a reason to log back on each season to grind.

BUT YOU GET A SPECIAL EMBLEM FOR PLAYING 10 GAMES DONT BE SO ENTITLED
  • Upvote (+1) 1