CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Wait what happened??

Sent you a PM. The whole thing is crazy, but not necessarily important to this discussion. The BTB maps are already out, and there is probably already a decision for the future 2v2 playlist.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Sent you a PM. The whole thing is crazy, but not necessarily important to this discussion. The BTB maps are already out, and there is probably already a decision for the future 2v2 playlist.

Send me one too fam

I just want Mark V in Halo 5. Looks like the Mark IV looks more Mark V from the previous Halo's than the current one in Halo 5. 

:(

the Mark V Alpha helmet in H5 isn't very good but you can pair the IV Helmet and the V Alpha Body and it looks a lot like the classic.

the Mark V Alpha helmet in H5 isn't very good but you can pair the IV Helmet and the V Alpha Body and it looks a lot like the classic.

One day I will get there.

Yeah, but Longbow was kind of the only good Halo 4 BTB map. That, Haven, and Skyline are the only H4 maps worth mentioning.

Exile wwas solid.

Exile wwas solid.

One of the worst BTB Maps ever. 

Ragnorak, Shatter, Harvest, Perdition, Longbow, and Vortex were all better BTB maps than Exile. Turbo Exile was better but still didn't fix the terrible map.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

what's your beef with it? The layout was fine, except for the gauss hog. I had a lot of fun games on there

Ragnorak, Shatter, Harvest, Perdition, Longbow, and Vortex were all better BTB maps than Exile. Turbo Exile was better but still didn't fix the terrible map.

wrong

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fedora status: ON

Not really a BTB guy, but I decided to play some today to try out the new maps. I have to say, not bad. Not bad at all. I actually enjoyed all of these maps to be honest.

The only one I had a problem with was that new one where it kind of reminds me of like a city with just a barrage of geometry and towers in seemingly random locations with a very convenient Warthog path to just drive around the map in and spawn kill people haha. That one was stupid.

My favorite new map is probably that Eagle one. That was actually a very beautifully constructed map.

Are these 343 maps or community maps?

Played with Puckett and he commentated last 3 mins of a 100-99 game. WHY WAS I NOT RECORDING?!? Was hilarious.

I loved that map, what did you hate about it? Was it how you could hide in caves while taking pop shots at people and due to the fact that nades in Halo 4 were pretty bad it was difficult to force them out without going in there yourself?

Yeah, that was annoying.

Community

Ah. That probably explains why I was actually enjoying the maps for the most part.

Played with Puckett and he commentated last 3 mins of a 100-99 game. WHY WAS I NOT RECORDING?!? Was hilarious.

I was in that Recurve game and I was wondering if that really was Puckett or not. That's pretty cool.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 pretty much ruined Valhalla for me. Is it as bloomy, ugly, non-green and bad to play on as it was in H4?

It's the brightest map I have ever had the displeasure of playing on. It's like staring into the sun.

What's wrong with Exile?

Was one of the better H4 maps...

I despise Microsoft.  343 have made some really questionable decisions, but Microsoft is the real issue. It's been 5 months and Matchmaking/Server issues still plague this game. You'd think MCC would have taught valuable lessons given the utter catastrophe it was. The worst part is I think H5 is genuinely one of the better multiplayer builds we've had, minus radar in competitive, no permanent rank, poor maps, poor campaign, microtransactions etc.