CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I called this the first time I played ure valhalla remake months ago. It might as well not even be the same map

I can't remember if Sandtrap ever had a Sniper on it, but the openness of that map was always kept in check by the BR being unable to hit the broad side of a barn.

Yep. Exactly. People seem to forget this while they pine for H3 nostalgia. Deadlock has similar issues (I haven't played the revision yet), but nowhere near as bad and it doesn't have a sniper on it. I would assume that Viking is similarly horrid. The combination of precision weapon ease of use and effective range makes H3 map layouts pretty much garbage for H5. Open areas might as well not exist. They're just shooting ranges for the people sitting still behind some cover. Vehicles like the warthog are death traps. I would much prefer BTB be balanced around the Magnum.

I dont play much BTB but decided yesterday to jump in and try out the new maps. For the 1st time I noticed my damage indicator would be a greenish blue when hit with friendly fire or friendly grenades.

Has BTB always been like this or is this something new? I didnt get a chance to try out any other playlists to see if its in there also.

I dont play much BTB but decided yesterday to jump in and try out the new maps. For the 1st time I noticed my damage indicator would be a greenish blue when hit with friendly fire or friendly grenades.

Has BTB always been like this or is this something new? I didnt get a chance to try out any other playlists to see if its in there also.

Pretty sure its always been there.

Y'all talking about a sniper nerf on Valhalla when the sun is 10x more OP.

The battle with the sun can be won by changing settings regarding brightness. 

It's not so easy when it comes to the sniper. 

The battle with the sun can be won by changing settings regarding brightness.

It's not so easy when it comes to the sniper.

My problem is that my vision is awful and I need brightness to see. If I turn it down the dark areas are too dark. But if I turn it up some maps blind me. I need to set up some quick configurations so I can change settings on a map to map basis lmao.

Even still, I know some maps have bad glare but Valhalla is MILESSS worse than any map I have ever played in my entire life. It's insane.

What kind of idiot puts glare all over the screen in an FPS. Really. This shouldn't even be a conversation. Gameplay > Graphics. Always.

My problem is that my vision is awful and I need brightness to see. If I turn it down the dark areas are too dark. But if I turn it up some maps blind me. I need to set up some quick configurations so I can change settings on a map to map basis lmao.

Even still, I know some maps have bad glare but Valhalla is MILESSS worse than any map I have ever played in my entire life. It's insane.

Get glasses?

Get glasses?

I do and it's still awful. I 100% have the vision of an 80 year old. But this is really the only game where I struggle to see people. And Ghosts but that was due to player/map color.

Gonna say 343 have no idea what they are doing anymore. The merdian update was kinda crap

Was? You had it?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't know a rifle could defecate. What does a Halo 2 Battle Rifle eat?

Salty tears.

Well, Fracture is....awkward. I fell off the map 3 times why is it so strangely segmented?

Also, what the hell is Eagle Square? I think that map might be the worst one I've played.

I can definitely see the pistol kinda working on these maps though because hey are very small. Too small IMO.

Sometimes when this forum is quiet in the early hours I just go look at the Waypoint forums for a good chuckle but always come back just very upset lmao. I can't believe we share a game with these people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sometimes when this forum is quiet in the early hours I just go look at the Waypoint forums for a good chuckle but always come back just very upset lmao. I can't believe we share a game with these people.

Entire waypoint forum is a trainwreak lol

Holy crap, social slayer is terrible now, it was so much better before the changes.

I think I've had 1 match where it wasn't a complete whitewash with more than half of the losing team quitting in the first 5 minutes. It's just awful.

Holy crap, social slayer is terrible now.

It was so much better before the changes.

I think I've had 1 match where it wasn't a complete whitewash with more than half of the losing team quitting in the first 5 minutes. It's just awful.

How many games have you played in it?

It would be infinitely better if it were 4v4. Most maps, ESPECIALLY Overgrowth, play worse with 5 people. I did get a perfection though but usually games get really lopsided when people quit out. But that's social for you so I'm fine with the outcome of games, just not the 5v5 part

• Upvote (+1) 1

I started matching some decent people in Social Slayer after about 8 games or so, usually the same names too.

It's looser but it still catches up to you.