CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Care to bullshit us again? >:|

RmZ2Oz3.png

Must be "AutosR4Pansies". Dang I have to step up my alt gamertag game. So many choices.

Also, I tried to teach my mom how to play and she can't walk and look at the same time. She also falls of any map that you can possibly fall off of. Smh.

Or we (as a community) could stop remaking maps that clearly won't work well with the game. Additionally, "make the pistol good" is a huge cop out given that it's literally a better version of the BRs from Halo 2 and 3 (faster TTK and more accurate with the same RRR) so saying that it's useless on the remakes is pure bullshit given that in real terms it's actually more useful than the H2 and 3 BRs since it can actually land shots at any range.

Like I said, I've been running AR/Mag BTB customs for weeks now and generally it plays much better as long as measures are taken to prevent rifle snowballing and to treat sniper rifles with the appropriate respect. Ask @@Vetoed if you want a second opinion seeing as he's participated most weekends. Or feel free to join in tomorrow.

At the end of the day Halo 5 is not any of its predecessors no matter how much anyone would like it to be. To make the best of it we have to accept that and work within the boundaries we actually have rather than those we wish we had.

I agree completely but the problem I have with the pistol on these maps is that it straight out has no chance against sniper rifles and incinerators. As soon as a team gets power weapon control suddenly you're useless off spawn. This obviously relates to the general weapon balance of the game, it's just the reality of this game.

How isn't it? The only difference is that it has a lower zoom magnification. Red reticle ranges are the same, and the pistol is more consistent by far thanks to the combination of a better online environment and having no bullet spread whatsoever. If it had a 2x zoom instead of 1.5x I really doubt that anyone would feel like there was much of a difference at all.

I would honestly take the H5 Magnum as a starting weapon over anything but the H1 Pistol and ZBNS Reach DMR (even then, it kills significantly faster than the DMR). Sure, it could be better, but any weakness that is used against it is almost exclusively when directly compared to the other rifles in the game which have advantages by design.

It's not that the Magnum has disadvantages, but rather that the rifles are intentionally better in certain ways than the pistol. If you focus the game more around the pistol and limit those advantages you don't see anywhere near as many issues.

As a Halo starting weapon it's significantly better than most when you make direct comparisons. It's just that there are alternatives in this particular sandbox which have been designed to be better than it in certain ways. But drop this pistol into any previous Halo game aside from the first and it would be the optimal starting weapon by a country mile, therefore it's more powerful than those previous weapons.

You can argue that relative to their sandboxes that isn't the case (and I agree at that), but again that's something that I think can be fixed at the map level by simply taking a different approach to rifle placement and spawning.

The H2 BR is in this game and it literally shits all over the pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No specifics on weapon tuning for autos, pistol, rifles, sniper or radar as well as map adjustments, gametypes/modes, etc for season 2 is super discouraging and worrisome this close to the pro-league.

Every time it LOOKS worrisome, its 100% a bad sign with 343. 

I'm losing faith we're gonna see anything meaningful tweaks for season 2. Especially when the only thing Bravo mentions is Spartan Laser tuning in the update :(

How am I supposed to offer feedback on the maps on Waypoint when I don't know if any of the weapons are changing?

• Upvote (+1) 8

I'm really not looking forward to HCS season 2 when radar is still not off the table and a 4sk pistol isn't likely.

This is IMPORTANT INFO for map feedback / feedback jn general.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

And proceed to immediately mention a Laser buff, which is part of Arena in BTB.

:/

i_hug_that_feel.png

And proceed to immediately mention a Laser buff, which is part of Arena in BTB.

:/

Eh. I can dream lol.

The sandbox updates better not be seperate like if they make the magnum a 4sk in arena it should be the same in Warzone the only difference should be in the req variants that aren't avaliable in Arena.

Anyways I counted 22 uncommon/rare items and 11 Ultra rare/Legendary so for this update we would need 11 silver packs/6 gold packs to buy everything so we'd only need 116k to buy everything for this update it's much cheaper then the other updates.

....can't wait for the pro league....

:wutface:

Second night in a row that FiS is playing with RNG, and Commonly's playing with other people (bubudubu & nemassist)

Or we (as a community) could stop remaking maps that clearly won't work well with the game. Additionally, "make the pistol good" is a huge cop out given that it's literally a better version of the BRs from Halo 2 and 3 (faster TTK and more accurate with the same RRR) so saying that it's useless on the remakes is pure bullshit given that in real terms it's actually more useful than the H2 and 3 BRs since it can actually land shots at any range.

Like I said, I've been running AR/Mag BTB customs for weeks now and generally it plays much better as long as measures are taken to prevent rifle snowballing and to treat sniper rifles with the appropriate respect. Ask @@Vetoed if you want a second opinion seeing as he's participated most weekends. Or feel free to join in tomorrow.

At the end of the day Halo 5 is not any of its predecessors no matter how much anyone would like it to be. To make the best of it we have to accept that and work within the boundaries we actually have rather than those we wish we had.

I will preface this by saying that I'm very skilled with the pistol, and it is my favorite weapon in the game. However, I'd have to say that your assessment is unfair due to the fact that Halo 5 has a much different weapon sandbox than Halo 2 & 3.

I just played the Sandtrap remake and it was fucking awful. People concerned about the Magnum not holding its own against the Sniper, worry not. The BR can't do shit on that map against some idiot camping in their base with the sniper, because there is no cover, the map is massive and open, and the H5 sniper's ease of use is at its worst at long range. If people could tone down their nostalgia boners for a moment and consider if remakes would actually be GOOD (like the H2 BR problem), that would be great. That map is horrible and most people just seem to think "It's Sandtrap! That map is great!"

On a related note, Antifreeze is still one of the worst maps I have ever played on. Fuck that map.

I just played the Sandtrap remake and it was fucking awful. People concerned about the Magnum not holding its own against the Sniper, worry not. The BR can't do shit on that map against some idiot camping in their base with the sniper, because there is no cover, the maps is massive and open, and the H5 sniper's ease of use is at its worst at long range. If people could tone down their nostalgia boners for a moment and consider if remakes would actually be GOOD (like the H2 BR problem), that would be great. That map is horrible and most people just seem to think "It's Sandtrap! That map is great!"

On a related note, Antifreeze is still one of the worst maps I have ever played on. Fuck that map.

I can't remember if Sandtrap ever had a Sniper on it, but the openness of that map was always kept in check by the BR being unable to hit the broad side of a barn.

The H2 BR is in this game and it literally shits all over the pistol.

I didn't know a rifle could defecate.  What does a Halo 2 Battle Rifle eat?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just played the Sandtrap remake and it was fucking awful. People concerned about the Magnum not holding its own against the Sniper, worry not. The BR can't do shit on that map against some idiot camping in their base with the sniper, because there is no cover, the maps is massive and open, and the H5 sniper's ease of use is at its worst at long range. If people could tone down their nostalgia boners for a moment and consider if remakes would actually be GOOD (like the H2 BR problem), that would be great. That map is horrible and most people just seem to think "It's Sandtrap! That map is great!"

Good to know my earlier suspicions that the CCs would muck up this playlist weren't wrong. Glad I haven't touched BTB since the first month it went live.

• Upvote (+1) 1