CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

With this sandbox the pistol will be so useless, especially on Sandtrap and Valhalla.

You have to make the pistol good first

Or we (as a community) could stop remaking maps that clearly won't work well with the game. Additionally, "make the pistol good" is a huge cop out given that it's literally a better version of the BRs from Halo 2 and 3 (faster TTK and more accurate with the same RRR) so saying that it's useless on the remakes is pure bullshit given that in real terms it's actually more useful than the H2 and 3 BRs since it can actually land shots at any range.

Like I said, I've been running AR/Mag BTB customs for weeks now and generally it plays much better as long as measures are taken to prevent rifle snowballing and to treat sniper rifles with the appropriate respect. Ask @@Vetoed if you want a second opinion seeing as he's participated most weekends. Or feel free to join in tomorrow.

At the end of the day Halo 5 is not any of its predecessors no matter how much anyone would like it to be. To make the best of it we have to accept that and work within the boundaries we actually have rather than those we wish we had.

• Upvote (+1) 5

"make the pistol good" is a huge cop out given that it's literally a better version of the BRs from Halo 2 and 3

Dude. Stop.

No. It's not.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Or we (as a community) could stop remaking maps that clearly won't work well with the game. Additionally, "make the pistol good" is a huge cop out given that it's literally a better version of the BRs from Halo 2 and 3 (faster TTK and more accurate with the same RRR) so saying that it's useless on the remakes is pure bullshit given that in real terms it's actually more useful than the H2 and 3 BRs since it can actually land shots at any range.

Like I said, I've been running AR/Mag BTB customs for weeks now and generally it plays much better as long as measures are taken to prevent rifle snowballing and to treat sniper rifles with the appropriate respect. Ask @@Vetoed if you want a second opinion seeing as he's participated most weekends. Or feel free to join in tomorrow.

At the end of the day Halo 5 is not any of its predecessors no matter how much anyone would like it to be. To make the best of it we have to accept that and work within the boundaries we actually have rather than those we wish we had.

What?

In case you missed the point of my post, remakes in MM would play awful. The magnum isn't the h3 or h2 one, but it has terrible range.

H2's BR was easier at range than the H5 Magnum. H3's BR had shit range, but it was also up against the H3 sniper, which had much lower aim-assist than H5's sniper. Neither of the aforementioned games had upgrades to the starting weapon anywhere on the maps, either. Unless the Magnum gets buffed in damage and RRR (please God), I very much prefer BR starts for BTB.

Dude. Stop.

No. It's not.

How isn't it? The only difference is that it has a lower zoom magnification. Red reticle ranges are the same, and the pistol is more consistent by far thanks to the combination of a better online environment and having no bullet spread whatsoever. If it had a 2x zoom instead of 1.5x I really doubt that anyone would feel like there was much of a difference at all.

I would honestly take the H5 Magnum as a starting weapon over anything but the H1 Pistol and ZBNS Reach DMR (even then, it kills significantly faster than the DMR). Sure, it could be better, but any weakness that is used against it is almost exclusively when directly compared to the other rifles in the game which have advantages by design.

It's not that the Magnum has disadvantages, but rather that the rifles are intentionally better in certain ways than the pistol. If you focus the game more around the pistol and limit those advantages you don't see anywhere near as many issues.

As a Halo starting weapon it's significantly better than most when you make direct comparisons. It's just that there are alternatives in this particular sandbox which have been designed to be better than it in certain ways. But drop this pistol into any previous Halo game aside from the first and it would be the optimal starting weapon by a country mile, therefore it's more powerful than those previous weapons.

You can argue that relative to their sandboxes that isn't the case (and I agree at that), but again that's something that I think can be fixed at the map level by simply taking a different approach to rifle placement and spawning.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Now that they have loosened the skill range in social matchmaking I'm starting noticing how many more friendly grenades are thrown at me.

If it had a 2x zoom instead of 1.5x I really doubt that anyone would feel like there was much of a difference at all.

I could've sworn it did have a 2X zoom.

Got this in Social Slayer 

iW95DmH.png

Probably only played a good four or five games?

First game of social slayer.

20 Kills, 1 Death. Enemy team got 14 kills.

This is going to be interesting.

Welp region lock is off in Social Slayer. 20minute ban for quiting an Unraked laggy game with JiP. Seriously 343, wtf.

Enjoy your guys Ping advantage for the week.

Is H5 officially a ghost town yet (no pun intended) or does it still have a somewhat decent population? Are people being 'sustained'?

Before I quit a while back, I was getting 'unable to join' in every playlist except team slayer and sometimes arena.

"But having really powerful easy spray weapons ruins the skill with precision weapons right?" -my mom.

I love her.

Also, a cool idea for a playlist would be a random starting weapon each game. So maybe you get a plasma pistol game, maybe you get a railgun game. Would be a better version of fiesta for me, mainly because I hate fiesta.

What's your moms gt

• Upvote (+1) 1

I could've sworn it did have a 2X zoom.

Nope. Magnum is 1.5x, BR is 2x, DMR is 3x.

I think the LR matches the BR given that they have identical RRR, and I think the Carbine is 2x also but I've never made a direct comparison despite knowing that it has a good 15m RRR over the BR and LR.

I wish it was social objective instead. I could really use the practice with assault and others.

Like the new BTB maps. They need to remove Antifreeze. That map sucks dick and needs to burn.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wish it was social objective instead. I could really use the practice with assault and others.

If it's stats you're worrying about you could always setup a second account free of charge if your main is a gold member.

First game of social slayer.

20 Kills, 1 Death. Enemy team got 14 kills.

This is going to be interesting.

I think it's interesting how many have remarked on their first game stats, when exactly the same experience can be replicated in a fresh ranked playlist and in all of the previous social playlists. The first game with no MMR is usually like that.

I've said it once and I'll it again... The Halo 5 BRs are NOT good starting weapons. They are way too powerful and limit map movement immensely.

If they actually change BTB to Magnum/AR, I might actually consider playing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've said it once and I'll it again... The Halo 5 BRs are NOT good starting weapons. They are way too powerful and limit map movement immensely.

If they actually change BTB to Magnum/AR, I might actually consider playing it.

Make it only Magnum starts and I'd play.