CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can we just have all daytime maps occur at noon?

Seriously wtf

The map is white. It's that bad. I would say "just make nighttime maps" but then the lens flare/glare of the lights does the same thing. And the funny thing is YOU CAN TURN IT OFF. So they intentionally just make everything blinding and I have no idea why.

How

It released yesterday in Japan, so I bought it from the Japanese store :D

But since Xbox has no region lock, I get to play the English version right now instead of the 12th.

It released yesterday in Japan, so I bought it from the Japanese store :D

How do you do that?

How do you do that?

1. Add japanese payment to xbox.com. 

2. Download proxy to get japanese IP. I used tunnelbear, free. 

3. Clear cookies. 

4. Go to xbox.com, and select language to Japanese. Translate with google translate. 

5. Buy. 

6. Download on xbox.

Takes about 10 minutes. 

More instructions here https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4bnoot/how_to_get_ds3_early_xb1/

The menu song is so sexy :D

And, yes, this is legal. 

You won't get day one patch before the game officially releases though, so you can't play online atm. 

And the snipers?

Depends on the map, but not every map needs a sniper, very few need/can work with 2 (off the top of my head Valhalla/Viking and Eagle Square are definitely failures in this regard), and balancing the sniper rifle is where smart placement of rifles really shines.

Pretty much every weapon has to be placed with a purpose in this game, which is where most maps with issues struggle; it's almost exactly like launch Overgrowth vs current Overgrowth. Deciding to go with a Sword and Shotgun initially may have seemed fun because the map offers lots of places to use those weapons effectively, but just like putting a Sniper Rifle on Standoff/Deadlock would offer a lot of space to use it effectively that doesn't make it a good idea for the map. Until that sinks in a little further with map makers (at 343 or otherwise) we're going to keep seeing these issues repeat themselves.

It's all just a balancing act. One that I don't think is done well with the current gametypes or map pool. the Halo 5 sandbox is its own beast and trying to shoehorn in map archetypes that worked before is about the furthest thing away from guaranteed success that I can think of.

Ultimately the sandbox has a lot of subtle variety to it, but it has to be used functionally by designers rather than exposing players to a lot of variety just for variety's sake. Kind of like how the forge community was going through a massive nostalgia wave and replacing all H5 BRs with H2 BRs without considering the implications of doing so or stopping to consider that they're two quite different weapons in this game.

1. Add japanese payment to xbox.com.

2. Download proxy to get japanese IP. I used tunnelbear, free.

3. Clear cookies.

4. Go to xbox.com, and select language to Japanese. Translate with google translate.

5. Buy.

6. Download on xbox.

Takes about 10 minutes.

More instructions here https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4bnoot/how_to_get_ds3_early_xb1/

The menu theme is so sexy :D

And, yes, this is legal.

You won't get day one patch before the game officially releases though, so you can't play online atm.

Eh. That sounds like a hassle. I can wait.

Besides I'm addicted to reaching champ rank right now lol.

Eh. That sounds like a hassle. I can wait.

Besides I'm addicted to reaching champ rank right now lol.

No, it's very simple :P 

You basically just add a credit card, and download a program, done. Dark souls 3, 3 weeks before release.

And the snipers?

If we could just remove the sniper from any map as open as Valhalla, that'd be dope.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is xbox live down or something? For i have lag and disconnection issues

Nope, you're just playing a 343 made game.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry for being off topic, but did they shut down the H3 servers?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I jump into a game of the new Social, right?

Before I delve into that, I just want to know if this is correct; you guys previously did not like the Social playlists because they still made matches with people of similar skill. Similar skill means that the effort of wanting to win is more inherent than the want to relax and not care, and that means it's not proper "Social. Is that the general complaint?

Ok, so now we're back to me jumping into a game. It's Fathom, and most of my team-mates and the enemy were pretty low-tier. Maybe one other Onyx player was in there. I end up getting a Perfection. The score ended 50-13.

That's what you guys wanted, right? A playlist where you can kick back and not care about anything except having fun.

So...why is there complaints now?

Sorry for being off topic, but did they shut down the H3 servers?

No.

Before I delve into that, I just want to know if this is correct; you guys previously did not like the Social playlists because they still made matches with people of similar skill. Similar skill means that the effort of wanting to win is more inherent than the want to relax and not care, and that means it's not proper "Social. Is that the general complaint?

Ok, so now we're back to me jumping into a game. It's Fathom, and most of my team-mates and the enemy were pretty low-tier. Maybe one other Onyx player was in there. I end up getting a Perfection. The score ended 50-13.

That's what you guys wanted, right? A playlist where you can kick back and not care about anything except having fun.

So...why is there complaints now?

I mean if it's a fresh playlist with new MMR, this is going to happen.

If this is still happening after 10-15 games, then you're fair to say this.

Keeps telling me it cant retrieve information from XbL...

I know 343 do server maintenance all the time, sometimes without any/little notification.

Shoot Bravo a tweet or give it a little bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know 343 do server maintenance all the time, sometimes without any/little notification.

Shoot Bravo a tweet or give it a little bit.

Ok, thanks.

Because it kills any skillgap that BTB could have. With ease. BR's a horrible starting weapon.

With this sandbox the pistol will be so useless, especially on Sandtrap and Valhalla.

You have to make the pistol good first

• Upvote (+1) 2

I mean if it's a fresh playlist with new MMR, this is going to happen.

If this is still happening after 10-15 games, then you're fair to say this.

I mean. If they made it even more loose than it is in normal ranked MM right now that will happen forever. My new account matches Onyx to Silver as a plat four. I went 44 and 11 and lost. 39 and 11 and lost etc. Their ranking system is so far beyond fucked up right now I'm not even sure what to say about it. There is zero correlation between the people's ranks that I'm matching and how good they actually are. I've had silvers put up more of a fight than some Onyx players. Its hilarious but I'm SO glad my main account has the hidden MMR to save me from what new players have to go through now.

So...why is there complaints now?

God only knows.

They want close MM but apperently having all these ranked playlists doing that already is not enough though. They also want other playlists that do the exact same thing.