CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Is BTB still BR starts?

Yes, thank god.

The thought of spawning into BTB with the H5 pistol against snipers, binaries, DMR and LRs makes me puke a little.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They updated some of the old BTB maps. Deadlocked is way better looking now. Also weapon placement has changed. Aaaaand there is a Halo 2 BR. Dammit.

They updated some of the old BTB maps. Deadlocked is way better looking now. Also weapon placement has changed.

So they finally added the new version that's been sitting in the Favorites file share forever? I assume that means they also updated Guillotine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, thank god.

The thought of spawning into BTB with the H5 pistol against snipers, binaries, DMR and LRs makes me puke a little.

The maps have been tested the last several months with pistol starts exclusively. Apparently the CC's pushed for pistol starts really hard but 343 doesn't listen.

The maps have been tested the last several months with pistol starts exclusively. Apparently the CC's pushed for pistol starts really hard but 343 doesn't listen.

Does BTB work with pistol starts? Are there any on map rifles? Because if there are that can get really annoying very quickly.

On a side-note that one stronghold on Scavenger is just a ground-pound fest. They should move it or something it's terrible.

Aren't two of the maps a Sandtrap and a Valhalla remake? Those two maps would play terribly with pistol starts. So would the original BTB maps.

Glad we're getting some more BTB maps. Is there gonna be a streamed update today or just a written one? I was reading people say there was gonna be a stream a couple days ago so that's why I'm wondering.

Off topic, but just I got back from the DMV. Two hour wait and half the time was standing room only. FUUUUUU!

are there 6 maps in total, or 6 just for btb?

i also hate the fact that the graphics in this game are a downgrade from h2a.

6 for BTB.

Why the fuck are there "skill parameters" in an unranked playlist at all?

People seem to forget all Halo games has skill parameters in social.

Does BTB work with pistol starts? Are there any on map rifles? Because if there are that can get really annoying very quickly.

On a side-note that one stronghold on Scavenger is just a ground-pound fest. They should move it or something it's terrible.

Most of the original maps have enough segmentation that they play perfectly. The remakes are the ones you'll have to worry about.

Aren't two of the maps a Sandtrap and a Valhalla remake? Those two maps would play terribly with pistol starts. So would the original BTB maps.

The remakes are questionable yeah, but they are pretty limited on rifles. Or at least they were when I tested them, it might've changed. Despite the faster movement they need to be down scaled for halo 5 because of the pistol.

Most of the original maps have enough segmentation that they play perfectly. The remakes are the ones you'll have to worry about.

Yea I can see that. These remakes have loooong sight lines compared to the new maps. Still, testing anything is worth a shot. You never know how good something can be.

6 for BTB.

People seem to forget all Halo games has skill parameters in social.

As far as I know they weren't in Halo 2 and I've hated them since H3.

The remakes are questionable yeah, but they are pretty limited on rifles. Or at least they were when I tested them, it might've changed. Despite the faster movement they need to be down scaled for halo 5 because of the pistol.

Downsize the entire map for the pistol.

Facepalm

This obsession with the h5 pistol is mind boggling.

Holy Mother of sun Valhalla has the brightest sun I have ever seen. I legit have a headache it's so bright. I can't even see where I'm getting shot from because the red isn't visible. Why in the world is the sun SOOOOOOOOOO bright all the time?

BTB with pistol starts works if you accommodate the amount of rifles on the map for that (ie: stop just placing them everywhere) and treat it like it's part of the Arena experience.

BTB with BR starts doesn't have that problem, but it's BR starts and the range + ease of the gun devalue vehicles immensely as well as punish movement disproportionately.

Just changing the starting weapons without adjusting the map layouts to compensate will simply replace one problem with another. Hopefully it's addressed during the big Arena overhaul that they made a thread for on Waypoint, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

If anyone wants to try BTB with AR/Mag and adjusted/other maps shoot me a message and be online around 9pm EST on Saturdays and I'll get you into our playtesting lobbies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BTB with pistol starts works if you accommodate the amount of rifles on the map for that (ie: stop just placing them everywhere) and treat it like it's part of the Arena experience.

BTB with BR starts doesn't have that problem, but it's BR starts and the range + ease of the gun devalue vehicles immensely as well as punish movement disproportionately.

Just changing the starting weapons without adjusting the map layouts to compensate will simply replace one problem with another. Hopefully it's addressed during the big Arena overhaul that they made a thread for on Waypoint, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

If anyone wants to try BTB with AR/Mag and adjusted/other maps shoot me a message and be online around 9pm EST on Saturdays and I'll get you into our playtesting lobbies.

And the snipers?

Holy Mother of sun Valhalla has the brightest sun I have ever seen. I legit have a headache it's so bright. I can't even see where I'm getting shot from because the red isn't visible. Why in the world is the sun SOOOOOOOOOO bright all the time?

Can we just have all daytime maps occur at noon?

Seriously wtf