CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Both slayer and arena are almost unplayable due to the fact you only play riptide, torque and overgrowth. I hope 343 fixes this soon.

I've played 4 games so far. I got the Rig, Overgrowth, Riptide, and Torque. Every single DLC map has been played already. And Riptide isn't even the updated version.

Also, I just played on Torque and the enemy team got ~45 kills with the H2 BR and hammer. That map needs a completely different layout and the H2 BR removed. Every time I think a weapon can't get any easier to use I get surprised.

But it's "social" now!

/s

They need to give an incentive to stay in games or something. But I'm tired of playing 2v5 getting snowballed by rifles and autos. Then when I FINALLY get teammates they quit because we are stuck in our spawn against a team of rifles. 5v5 makes every problem so much worse. But hey at least we aren't being matched based on ranks!

I've played 4 games so far. I got the Rig, Overgrowth, Riptide, and Torque. Every single DLC map has been played already. And Riptide isn't even the updated version.

Also, I just played on Torque and the enemy team got ~45 kills with the H2 BR and hammer. That map needs a completely different layout and the H2 BR removed. Every time I think a weapon can't get any easier to use I get surprised.

Dude, it's social. The whole point is to not give a fuck.

Could you maybe have not given a fuck when the games were close? Now we're stuck with a shitty stomping ground...

• Downvote (-1) 1

Could you maybe have not given a fuck when the games were close? Now we're stuck with a shitty stomping ground...

Harder to not give a fuck in close comptetive games.

Plus there are already a host of playlists that give that experience. Just play those if that's what you want.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Harder to not give a fuck in close comptetive games.

Plus there are already a host of playlists that give that experience. Just play those if that's what you want.

It's far easier to not give a fuck when the games are close, you can just lose, who cares because it's social?

I spent half of the last match standing still because all but one of the enemy team quit because we were winning 45-10.

Also it's not much fun when the enemy players just stand still and spray AR bullets at you.

• Downvote (-1) 3

The 6 maps are scavenger, altar, boulevard, eagle square, fracture, and Viking (valhalla remake). You can search them all on forgehub.

Nice intel.  Been itching to play some of these. 

I know but if the JiP is gonna be shitty they might as well give you something for staying. Social is great. But any time it's a 2v5 it's gonna be terrible ESPECIALLY with fuel rods that have like 20 shots.

I know but if the JiP is gonna be shitty they might as well give you something for staying. Social is great. But any time it's a 2v5 it's gonna be terrible ESPECIALLY with fuel rods that have like 20 shots.

How do you fix quitting though? Make it impossible? Double down on bans?

"But having really powerful easy spray weapons ruins the skill with precision weapons right?" -my mom.

I love her.

Also, a cool idea for a playlist would be a random starting weapon each game. So maybe you get a plasma pistol game, maybe you get a railgun game. Would be a better version of fiesta for me, mainly because I hate fiesta.

How do you fix quitting though? Make it impossible? Double down on bans?

Bringing back the H3 EXP system would be a good start. Make it so you get armour or skins or something if you get a certain amount of EXP. 5000 EXP to get some really good armour.

are there 6 maps in total, or 6 just for btb?

i also hate the fact that the graphics in this game are a downgrade from h2a.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bringing back the H3 EXP system would be a good start. Make it so you get armour or skins or something if you get a certain amount of EXP. 5000 EXP to get some really good armour.

Even then people still quit though.

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but they just pushed new Forge maps into BTB and Sandtrap is back. It's really fucking fun lmao

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but they just pushed new Forge maps into BTB and Sandtrap is back. It's really fucking fun lmao

That map is great for hydra and splaser kills. I got like 10 in my first game.

It's far easier to not give a fuck when the games are close, you can just lose, who cares because it's social?

I spent half of the last match standing still because all but one of the enemy team quit because we were winning 45-10.

Also it's not much fun when the enemy players just stand still and spray AR bullets at you.

This is a silly arguement. Obviously close games between equally skilled opponents will breed more competitive scenarios than random pick up games will.

If you don't like it play ranked.