CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Honestly I don't know why we all haven't added each other yet lol.

It's because I'm secretly trash.

Seriously though, I don't play too much but feel free to add me, my gamertag is Silos911

I added you Beast, Tobes I don't know your gamertag but feel free to add me.

This invitation goes out to anyone who may want to play. If you ever see me online, feel free to send me an invite, if I'm busy I'll usually appear offline.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know how people play warzone still. Got extremely boring after the first week.

It's a vehicle to grind out RP and commendations.

Much more consistent to just spawn with a Binary than to pray for Antifreeze in BTB.

So I find out on r/Halo that the Warzone Firefight gameplay they were going to show was just the trailer we seen on Sunday after the HWC finals. I hate IGN so much.

It's a vehicle to grind out RP and commendations.

Much more consistent to just spawn with a Binary than to pray for Antifreeze in BTB.

There's something other than Deadlock Strongholds in BTB?

I don't believe you.

So I find out on r/Halo that the Warzone Firefight gameplay they were going to show was just the trailer we seen on Sunday after the HWC finals. I hate IGN so much.

Has 343 given IGN anything since they messed up so badly with the Halo 5 launch playlists?

So much confusion that @@Deez needed to make another post on Waypoint later in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has 343 given IGN anything since they messed up so badly with the Halo 5 launch playlists?

So much confusion that @@Deez needed to make another post on Waypoint later in the day.

Ahhhh I remember that disappointing day like it was yesterday.

Why do I never get to play Urban in Warzone?

It was removed a week or two ago because of the ease of spawn killing/trapping on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was removed a week or two ago because of the ease of spawn killing/trapping on it.

Wow that's really stupid. Looks like we won't be seeing it for a few years if 343 has to fix it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nah it'll come back with Orion.

The next map pack will be The Cage, Orion, and the new and improved Urban, with 50% more spawn points! 

The next map pack will be The Cage, Orion, and the new and improved Urban, with 50% more spawn points! 

Don't forget Backwash, with 75% more fog. The fog adds an intense element to give automatics a much needed edge over the precision weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do I never get to play Urban in Warzone?

Cause to much fun was had on that map.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wouldn't call myself a non-forger. I haven't released a full blown map in Halo 5 because real life prevents me from having that kind of time anymore. But, I have spent a LOT of time forging, in both Halo 5 and several past games. I know quality when I see it and I know the map I shared is in rough condition, however, I think the map as a shell has potential and it got me excited. I wanted to play on it after watching the video. I've downloaded countless maps in Halo 5 and walked around them looking at people's forging techniques so I'm not a beginner or so called "non-forger" who can't distinguish between a potato and a watermelon.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply that I thought you weren't a competent forger. I've just seen a lot of REALLY poor quality maps featured on forge channels where most the comments read something like "wow this looks like a dev map." It shouldn't irk me but it does.

I didn't mean to come off like an egotistical douche. I really should try to be more open minded about other creations.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think I'm spoiled because I haven't seen one forge map that made me go "wow, that looks incredible". I think it has to do with the graphics, or lack thereof. 

I know forge is pretty powerful this time around but when I'm playing community made maps on certain PC games that look indistinguishable from dev made maps it gets kinda hard to be impressed by forge maps. I guess that's the difference when people are able to use the same tools the devs get to use. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think I'm spoiled because I haven't seen one forge map that made me go "wow, that looks incredible". I think it has to do with the graphics, or lack thereof.

I know forge is pretty powerful this time around but when I'm playing community made maps on certain PC games that look indistinguishable from dev made maps it gets kinda hard to be impressed by forge maps. I guess that's the difference when people are able to use the same tools the devs get to use.

You're not looking at the right forgers then :) If you add me on Xbox I can show you some cool stuff
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Oops, I didn't mean to imply that I thought you weren't a competent forger. I've just seen a lot of REALLY poor quality maps featured on forge channels where most the comments read something like "wow this looks like a dev map." It shouldn't irk me but it does.

I didn't mean to come off like an egotistical douche. I really should try to be more open minded about other creations.

It's all good man.  I actually understand.  Once you set a set of standards for yourself with something, it is very easy to be repulsed by lesser quality products that don't match up to your own self imposed standards. 

I do it all the time as a programmer.  I'll be given software product to maintain and almost every time I am astounded by the piss poor programming standards evident in the code. 

And to be honest, I was a little over-hyped when I shared that map.   

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're not looking at the right forgers then :) If you add me on Xbox I can show you some cool stuff :)

hJz1owH.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

maybe we should all team up, lmao

On this note, I play 8s with a lot of people from here (aPK, Infinity, Devan, poolcat, teapot, Adamar lives, bunnies etc etc) and we have a relatively robust list of players to play arena or customs. So if anyone's interested hmu GT- xWicked Swami though tbh I'm not on as much lately so if you want to know when someone wants customs/arena time peep the discord link in my sig. It's where we all talk and organize customs mainly (and shit posting).

• Upvote (+1) 1