CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

You are the perfect example of someone who doesn't understand what a skillgap is.

you are the perfect example of someone who can't tell the difference between someone who's trying to farm red rep and someone that doesn't understand what a skillgap is

How long did the game last for and what playlist?

Team Arena. Can't remember the gametype, either Flag or Assault. it may or may not have gone to time. 

Ah, I was expecting a response like this. Alright then, bud. If you truly think that your high Warzone K/D and your methods are more from a progress of high skill and mental concentration, and less of having a better gun or a better perk, by all means bear that in your mind.

But, when you try to jump into Arena with that line of thinking, I can guarantee you will not have the same results.

I'm just saying, it's not luck lmao

Team Arena. Can't remember the gametype, either Flag or Assault. it may or may not have gone to time. 

REQ point payouts are based on game length, so if it went to time, it's likely that's why you got 1.2k REQ points.

REQ point payouts are based on game length, so if it went to time, it's likely that's why you got 1.2k REQ points.

Did not know that, that's cool. For a brief moment I had hopes that 343 sneak increased the REQ points, but unfortunately my dreams will continue to remain dreams (sorry Shia)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder how the firefight REQ point payout is going to work.  Maybe based on how many rounds you survive? 

I think it would be really cool if it was really, really hard to last all five rounds, but without them simply making every enemy a huge bullet sponge.

But I have a feeling that basically any team of scrubs will be able to last all the rounds.  I hope they surprise me. 

Whoever thought having power weapons/ups in FFA was a good idea needs to be punched in the mouth. Also, I really am still hoping for a damage dealt version of FFA. I hate that I get 24 kills and 17 assists just to lose to the guy that had 25 kills, 3 assists and 1000 less damage than anyone else.

And pls no autos in FFA. Thanks.

Ask anyone, kill stealing and reducing the amount of damage you put onto players you can't kill is part of the game...

Don't worry, I make the same mistakes.

So I've cut down on my Warzone time and been playing Arena more often. Needless to say, Warzone breeds some REALLY bad habits. Kind of like what happens by playing a fuckton of FFA

Ask anyone, kill stealing and reducing the amount of damage you put onto players you can't kill is part of the game...

Don't worry, I make the same mistakes.

So I've cut down on my Warzone time and been playing Arena more often. Needless to say, Warzone breeds some REALLY bad habits. Kind of like what happens by playing a fuckton of FFA

Yea I know the FFA fans like it how it always was, I was just hoping we could maybe get a damage dealt version as like a rotational list or something. And Good Lord does Warzine Assault breed bad habits I literally challenge everything when I play now.

I dont know how people play warzone still. Got extremely boring after the first week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder how the firefight REQ point payout is going to work. Maybe based on how many rounds you survive?

I think it would be really cool if it was really, really hard to last all five rounds, but without them simply making every enemy a huge bullet sponge.

But I have a feeling that basically any team of scrubs will be able to last all the rounds. I hope they surprise me.

My dreams are telling me more XP/REQ points for the longer you last with a juicy payout for lasting all five.

My mind is telling me it won't change and it'll just cap after ten minutes of playing similar to every other mode.

Surprise me, 343, please.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so i've only been ranked in arena twice, but last night was probably my last. went 8-2 on my placements solo, top of my team every single game. had plats and lower on my team almost every game it seemed like, almost always against higher ranked teams. got placed in to plat 4. okay a little low I thought to myself, but I can get out of this quickly with how I'm playing. next 4 games in a row I match the same fucking onyx to4 while I got a grand total of of one diamond player those 4 games. lost all of them.

nah, fuck grinding out of that with how it's rigged against solo players. i know this is probably beating a dead horse to a ton of you, but this i really haven't played too much ranked on h5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know how people play warzone still. Got extremely boring after the first week.

Dem REQ pts doh... I use WAssault as a magnum warmup when nobody is on. Other than that it's octagon when I have peeps.

My mind is telling me it won't change and it'll just cap after ten minutes of playing similar to every other mode.

Glitch into armory wall, afk for 10 mins.  Profit.

so i've only been ranked in arena twice, but last night was probably my last. went 8-2 on my placements solo, top of my team every single game. had plats and lower on my team almost every game it seemed like, almost always against higher ranked teams. got placed in to plat 4. okay a little low I thought to myself, but I can get out of this quickly with how I'm playing. next 4 games in a row I match the same fucking onyx to4 while I got a grand total of of one diamond player those 4 games. lost all of them.

nah, fuck grinding out of that with how it's rigged against solo players. i know this is probably beating a dead horse to a ton of you, but this i really haven't played too much ranked on h5.

Something I've noticed that helps avoid playing teams is to backout and requeue. If you stay in the intermission, both previous teams will get Q'd at roughly the same time and can cause you to match them again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The struggle is real.  I ranked low plat as well after playing pretty decently in my placement matches.   I wanted to get onyx on my own searching solo, but i don think it's possible matching t04s. I got to diamond 3 and now I  have given up.  I just don't care any more.  The matching system is just too broken.  Talk about the most infuriating multiplayer experience.

I have resolved to playing Fallout 4 solo and Rocket League for competition.  RL is much more fun.

I still may come back to halo for new maps and firefight, but other than that, Halo 5 has lost my attention.   The only thing that was keeping me is arena and it is unbearable with such low population and broken matching system.  Also, if they made a decent forge creation playlist I would definitely come back for that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Glitch into armory wall, afk for 10 mins.  Profit.

Well at least xbone is more than a paper weight in that use case.

Something I've noticed that helps avoid playing teams is to backout and requeue. If you stay in the intermission, both previous teams will get Q'd at roughly the same time and can cause you to match them again.

good tip, i'll try to remember to do this. if i play it again haha.

Yehp, the last update destroyed both the matching system and the ranking system

Yehp, the last update destroyed both the matching system and the ranking system

I made a new account just to see what would happen now. Well fast forward a bit and I'm living the platinum savage life now. Dropping the 44 and 11 and losing CTF anyways etc. Its probably the funniest thing I've EVER seen. I should've made it a youtube series.

This is pretty consistent with my experience as well. Currently, I'm only placed in slayer on my main account at the moment, due to the fucking frustration of it. I get placed Platinum 2 (managed to get up to 5) and then every time I try to play, I get matched against diamond players at least, often onyx players and yet I still get entirely inconsistent Plat players on my team (or the worst Onyxes on the planet). I even played with some low-mid plat friends online and it seems like they got fair matches against platinum kids, but as soon as I was in the lobby, we get an onyx To4 and garbage like that. Is my MMR too high or something? It was not like this in previous seasons. I have to play ranked on new accounts to have any fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I had red rep and couldn't find games in H5.

Played some Blops 3 where I could still get games.

Played nice.

Back to green rep.

Still can't find games on H5.

Why?

This is pretty consistent with my experience as well. Currently, I'm only placed in slayer on my main account at the moment, due to the fucking frustration of it. I get placed Platinum 2 (managed to get up to 5) and then every time I try to play, I get matched against diamond players at least, often onyx players and yet I still get entirely inconsistent Plat players on my team (or the worst Onyxes on the planet). I even played with some low-mid plat friends online and it seems like they got fair matches against platinum kids, but as soon as I was in the lobby, we get an onyx To4 and garbage like that. Is my MMR too high or something? It was not like this in previous seasons. I have to play ranked on new accounts to have any fun.

I was put up against a team of three onyxes (1700, 1900, 2000), and I think a high diamond. It was me (plat 6 at the moment), my friend (plat 5), and two randoms, one plat and I think the other was gold. Well the two other players quit out almost immediately and I play one of the worst matches of Overgrowth slayer I've ever played.

I get that they want to loosen searches, but come on.