CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I

Nah but you're trying too hardto make it a term in Halo (since this is literally the only time people haved used it) and it just comes off as cringey

I don't need to with farming because the cringe has already been done for the last 20ish years

I'm not trying hard to make it a term at all, I use it (and anyone else that uses) satirically to make fun of our 'farmer' status.

You can nade spam a corner if they are spawn trapped just as you can keep shooting in one spot in swat if they are spawn trapped, it's the same thing, yet in warzone its more of a problem because there are more salty kids. Also I agree with the barrier in the back of the core room thats a good idea, also 2 more spawn points can be added into the core building at the front doors, however kids would get mad at that too as they'd be open to get destroyed from outside, there is no 'fix' good teams have been able to control and block spawns in halo since CE

I understand the importance of spawn control in Halo lol. However, making it too easy can be a problem. Yes, dominating a team will always give you an advantage. But how big that advantage actually is, is what needs to be adjusted.

I understand the importance of spawn control in Halo lol. However, making it too easy can be a problem. Yes, dominating a team will always give you an advantage. But how big that advantage actually is, is what needs to be adjusted.

Said like a true noob, the skill gap in Halo has always been high, and this one the lowest yet, implying it needs to be lowered is utterly stupid and anti-halo

• Downvote (-1) 5

Said like a true noob, the skill gap in Halo has always been high, and this one the lowest yet, implying it needs to be lowered is utterly stupid and anti-halo

Ah the name calling sweet. I'll ask you a questions, where in the hell did you come to the conclusion I want a lower skill gap in Halo? I have gotten into hundreds of arguments with pro radar, pro autos, pro strong rifle kids because I want the skill gap to be much MUCH larger. Changing a spawn system to not allow people to literally have people spawn right in front of them is not lowering the skill gap. And since you want to talk about the skill gap, guess which playlist has the lowest one? WARZONE. Come on bro I was just trying to have a regular conversation until you made this dumbass comment.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Ah the name calling sweet. I'll ask you a questions, where in the hell did you come to the conclusion I want a lower skill gap in Halo? I have gotten into hundreds of arguments with pro radar, pro autos, pro strong rifle kids because I want the skill gap to be much MUCH larger. Changing a spawn system to not allow people to literally have people spawn right in front of them is not lowering the skill gap. And since you want to talk about the skill gap, guess which playlist has the lowest one? WARZONE. Come on bro I was just trying to have a regular conversation until you made this dumbass comment.

I didn't call you a noob, I was just saying it sounded as if you were asking for a lower skill gap like a noob would. and no arena actually has a lower skill gap than warzone

• Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't call you a noob, I was just saying it sounded as if you were asking for a lower skill gap like a noob would. and no arena actually has a lower skill gap than warzone

...........what? I'm gonna have to hear this explanation.

Arena has a lower skillgap in Warzone.

That... how? I don't understand that statement.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Oh you didn't hear? Competitive Halo is switching over to Warzone now since it has a higher skill gap.

ahh the perfect example! im twice as good as you, i have twice the k/d you do in warzone, where as in arena my k/d is only about 1.3x yours. see what i mean, lesser skilled players (you) can get kills easier in arena than warzone.

• Downvote (-1) 4

and no arena actually has a lower skill gap than warzone

This statement is held with a misguided interpretation of how a skill gap works. Warzone is more about spawning in powerful tools and fighting a chaotic tug of war that only helps you if said tools are stronger and easier to use than the enemy's. The amount of random factors every single match is more abundant than Default Reach and Infinity Slayer combined. I'm confident in saying that is not skill that is being determined, but strength and luck.

In other words, you're talking nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This statement is held with a misguided interpretation of how a skill gap works. Warzone is more about spawning in powerful tools and fighting a chaotic tug of war that only helps you if said tools are stronger and easier to use than the enemy's. The amount of random factors every single match is more abundant than Default Reach and Infinity Slayer combined. I'm confident in saying that is not skill that is being determined, but strength and luck.

In other words, you're talking nonsense.

Luck? how is it luck if it's consistent

• Downvote (-1) 2

ahh the perfect example! im twice as good as you, i have twice the k/d you do in warzone, where as in arena my k/d is only about 1.3x yours. see what i mean, lesser skilled players (you) can get kills easier in arena than warzone.

You did not. I know you didn't just say that. You are joking right? That's not really why you think Arena has a lower skill gap right?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You did not. I know you didn't just say that. You are joking right? That's not really why you think Arena has a lower skill gap right?

yep, batchfords kill death ratios are the sole reason i think arena has a lower skill gap. why would I joke about something so serious on a forum about a game that matter so much

• Upvote (+1) 1

yep, batchfords kill death ratios are the sole reason i think arena has a lower skill gap. why would I joke about something so serious on a forum about a game that matter so much

I don't even know what you are trying so say or prove anymore.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Luck? how is it luck if it's consistent

In Warzone, luck is a very big factor in how a game plays. Your enemy could have almost any kind of weapon, power-up, vehicle, armor mod in any combination. You will get into fights more often than not against someone who has better combinations than you, and your luck will determine whether or not you decided to purchase the right gun for that out-of-nowhere situation. It's not consistent, it's just based on luck.

You're still talking nonsense. Strike two.

In Warzone, luck is a very big factor in how a game plays. Your enemy could have almost any kind of weapon, power-up, vehicle, armor mod in any combination. You will get into fights more often than not against someone who has better combinations than you, and your luck will determine whether or not you decided to purchase the right gun for that out-of-nowhere situation. It's not consistent, it's just based on luck.

You're still talking nonsense. Strike two.

So it's luck that my k/d is so high? is it that every situation i get into i have the upper hand because i'm lucky? no because i make it that way, you probably have a 1 k/d in warzone :c unlucky kid

• Downvote (-1) 1

So it's luck that my k/d is so high? is it that every situation i get into i have the upper hand because i'm lucky? no because i make it that way, you probably have a 1 k/d in warzone :c unlucky kid

Lol at bragging about warzone stats.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am sure you know why what you re saying is completely inaccurate.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Ah, I was expecting a response like this. Alright then, bud. If you truly think that your high Warzone K/D and your methods are more from a progress of high skill and mental concentration, and less of having a better gun or a better perk, by all means bear that in your mind.

But, when you try to jump into Arena with that line of thinking, I can guarantee you will not have the same results.

.....you think that looks good? :/

Aesthetically, I think the map could use a lot of polish.  But I really like the map layout and concept.  It is has really wide open sight lines in the main room which I love.  Covenant cave concept with telleporter and two bases; what could you not love about that?   Not every map I like is made by a veteran forger...    

You are the perfect example of someone who doesn't understand what a skillgap is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not offended. People will always have different tastes which is normal. But the quality of forging on that map is so poor. Maybe it's just my forgers eye, I suppose non forgers aren't nearly as critical

I wouldn't call myself a non-forger.  I haven't released a full blown map in Halo 5 because real life prevents me from having that kind of time anymore. But, I have spent a LOT of time forging, in both Halo 5 and several past games.   I know quality when I see it and I know the map I shared is in rough condition, however, I think the map as a shell has potential and it got me excited.  I wanted to play on it after watching the video.  I've downloaded countless maps in Halo 5 and walked around them looking at people's forging techniques so I'm not a beginner or so called "non-forger" who can't distinguish between a potato and a watermelon.      

• Upvote (+1) 1

I smell salt

Salt is odorless though.

Someone is mad I took the wind out of their sails.

pps the human pyramid pic was better than the one you ended up posting. Errr I mean wut... I didn't have eyes inside that fuck fest of a forge map.

I'm only gonna comment once because it really isn't worth it - but stop replying to these children.

They literally feed off your attention. I can guarantee that if you stopped replying to them, they'd stop posting because they won't be able to get they attention they so desperately desire.

Just leave it, guys, please.

• Upvote (+1) 8