CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I thought I posted this yesterday but must have never submitted it. I assume this was some concept art that was being made into some playable level but was cut from the game. 

I thought I posted this yesterday but must have never submitted it. I assume this was some concept art that was being made into some playable level but was cut from the game. 

Human map? Check

White walls and barriers? Check

That's a Halo 5 map alright.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Human map? Check

It seems like a campaign space, would make sense considering all of the other "City" concept art that never made it into the final game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

New Halo Community Feedback Survey was just sent out.

Check your inboxes  :halo:

I signed up for this months ago and haven't received an email yet.  :salt:

Considering there are four game modes in the playlist this sounds about right rofl

Doom, I mean Halo 5.1 is launching with 6 game modes.   How bout that.  Progress.  Soon. Adapt. Immersion!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Human map? Check

That's some amazing work detective Moa. Nothing gets passed you!

That's some amazing work detective Moa. Nothing gets passed you!

Thanks. I've been working on it a lot lately.

"IsRanked: no"

But arena doesn't have that?

it does.

Thanks. I've been working on it a lot lately.

it does.

I thought we still had hidden ranking, when did they change that?

What's the csr cut off for arena champion?

Whatever the 200th ranked person is currently at. You'd have to go on Halotracker and just look at the leaderboards.

The rankings are gone. Not the MMR.

I'm not really clear on the distinction between the two at this point, considering the relative prevalence of "Highest Rank: Gold 5 in Grifball." It seems like the only thing that boolean value actually does is tell the game not to display it to you.

Whatever the 200th ranked person is currently at. You'd have to go on Halotracker and just look at the leaderboards.

Ya I just realised how to get to the second page of the leaderboard lol.

Holy shit the 200th guy is like 2300. I'm 500 csr back. There goes the dream lol.

I'm really loving the social situation in this game right now. There is absolutely no way to just play normal Halo casually at all. The closest thing to it is BTB, which has BR starts (which I honestly can't stand, with how easy and consistent at long range the BR is in this game), and almost entirely awful maps. It sucks being on foot and vehicles are a death trap. Great. There is no incentive to move anywhere.

Warzone has similar problems, except it really starts going downhill at REQ level 3 when everyone switches to the ridiculous variations of the BR, because limiting engagement distances is apparently a bad thing. And that's not covering all of the idiotic single use weapons and vehicles or the fundamental ways in which the mode is designed to snow-ball a better team's advantage and compound early leads.

Warzone Assault used to be more fun, but is 100% awful as offense unless you run it with a full team of decent players and they increased the REQ leveling speed so it can devolve into yet more REQ spam in longer matches.

Oh, wait. There's fiesta. Yay.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's 2016 and I'm still matching team when I search alone.

Same. It's getting old. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random, but I entered Summit's stream for ~5 minutes and saw:

6c3d5cd4bdcb764d5c48bde127d15da4.png

I hope more people are swayed by the guy's love for Halo. He is gonna 1v1 Nadeshot, which could get more interest too. 

Edit: He just said "Halo is 100% harder to learn than CS GO" on stream...  :apg: People were up in arms.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Random, but I entered Summit's stream for ~5 minutes and saw:

6c3d5cd4bdcb764d5c48bde127d15da4.png

I hope more people are swayed by the guy's love for Halo. He is gonna 1v1 Nadeshot, which could get more interest too. 

Looks fun.