CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Who made the maps?

The CC's will decide that, they haven't told me anything yet. But based on the submissions to the 2v2 contest, I could probably tell you 5 or so that have a 99% likelihood of showing up in the playlist. There are some REALLY good maps. Best being Optic Prison by purely fat. Look it up on YouTube.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What a riveting constructive post

Pegasus is a Terrible map. this is because its spawns and map layout are trash. One team spawns with direct access to Overshield without ever being challenged for it. The power position being Top Red, a point with 2 Entrances, one of which is a straight hallway with absolutely no cover, is so easy to hold with even the most basic communication its actually ridiculous. I don't know a single person who doesn't groan in disgust when this map pops up.

Is that constructive enough for you?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pegasus is a Terrible map. this is because its spawns and map layout are trash. One team spawns with direct access to Overshield without ever being challenged for it. The power position being Top Red, a point with 2 Entrances, one of which is a straight hallway with absolutely no cover, is so easy to hold with even the most basic communication its actually ridiculous. I don't know a single person who doesn't groan in disgust when this map pops up.

Is that constructive enough for you?

You're getting there.

It's not a high-level competitive map but its one of the better Forge maps we've seen from a developer in a while. Two competent teams playing on it is pretty interesting.

The Overshield isn't a problem in my opinion because as you said, Red is the main power position. I feel like the map geometry (Red Staircase and a few other areas) could be reworked but its hardly a tragedy compared to Orion or other dev made Forge maps in the past.

You're getting there.

It's not a high-level competitive map but its one of the better Forge maps we've seen from a developer in a while. Two competent teams playing on it is pretty interesting.

The Overshield isn't a problem in my opinion because as you said, Red is the main power position. I feel like the map geometry (Red Staircase and a few other areas) could be reworked but its hardly a tragedy compared to Orion or other dev made Forge maps in the past.

Powerup shouldn't be handed to a team off spawn without any worries of being killed while going for it, and a power posistion shouldn't be a teams spawn, is many my issues, as well as how pointless some areas are, like the little area under the staircase from mid to rockets, never seen anyone use it, and I never spend anytime in it, or even just pass through it.

The CC's will decide that, they haven't told me anything yet. But based on the submissions to the 2v2 contest, I could probably tell you 5 or so that have a 99% likelihood of showing up in the playlist. There are some REALLY good maps. Best being Optic Prison by purely fat. Look it up on YouTube.

Oh yeah, because they have such a great track record of picking maps for MM. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh yeah, because they have such a great track record of picking maps for MM. :kappa:

You're not wrong lol.  But at least we have baller forge maps like Twice Forsaken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing FFA Lobby on Halo 5. Come watch here.

Apologies if this breaks rules, but I'm hoping this provides some incite on what its like to be playing Halo in the Oceanic region.

Man everytime I play Halo 5 I'm reminded how much better fps games aim with a mouse.

Doesn't help that the aiming in Halo 5 is still really weird. You don't play one day, the next day you couldn't aim even if your life depended on it.

Last time I was able to play Halo 5 Arena solo and enjoy it, as well as be able to find games consistently was when Assault was the featured playlist. Good times, gooooodd times.

Doesn't help that the aiming in Halo 5 is still really weird. You don't play one day, the next day you couldn't aim even if your life depended on it.

Last time I was able to play Halo 5 Arena solo and enjoy it, as well as be able to find games consistently was when Assault was the featured playlist. Good times, gooooodd times.

Dude the assault playlist was the most fun I've had in Arena solo. I was so sad when they removed it.

Dude the assault playlist was the most fun I've had in Arena solo. I was so sad when they removed it.

I get Assault like 1 in 3 games in Arena, it's super common.

2v2 playlist coming with 10-12 forge maps specifically designed for 2s :)

How many weapon pads on the map?

If the answer isn't zero, this playlist is already a lost cause.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How many weapon pads on the map?

If the answer isn't zero, this playlist is already a lost cause.

Most of them use weapon pads.

Actually, now that I think about it. I think my map was the only one submitted (that I personally saw and played) that DIDN'T have any weapon pads. They're not the best but honestly they're not as harmful as you think they would be.

Most of them use weapon pads.

Actually, now that I think about it. I think my map was the only one submitted (that I personally saw and played) that DIDN'T have any weapon pads. They're not the best but honestly they're not as harmful as you think they would be.

Rockets & sniper is going to be rough on weapons pads. 

It really is a shame we can't modify weapon pad ammo.

I want to ask a question, and I would like some Pro's to answer (we know you lurk here)

Do you guys ever feel like you are stuck in a rut where you just aren't performing and/or feel like a let down to your team, how do you pull yourself up out of these ruts, and how do you improve, I feel like I may of hit my skill ceiling almost and I really want to know how to punch a hole through it while shountg "F**k you ceiling getting in the way of my sky n sh*t!"

Used the CE pistol for the first time. I like it but it's pretty OP, but I guess just having a single magazine balances that out. Also I swear it's actually the H3 pistol from the design and it bugs me how it's called the "Halo 1 Pistol".

Used the CE pistol for the first time. I like it but it's pretty OP, but I guess just having a single magazine balances that out. Also I swear it's actually the H3 pistol from the design and it bugs me how it's called the "Halo 1 Pistol".

Halo CE Magnum and the Halo 3 Magnums had similar designs, which is probably why you think they look the same.

LOL I just matched the same To4 6 times in a row. I'm only plat 4. Fuck this game.

Rank in this game are so garbage that I literally stopped care about this shit.

Give Halo 3 ranking system any day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A 2v2 playlist is nice and all and that prison map looks sick. But it needs to be ranked and permanent to make me interested in it. At least make the rank visible to motivate people since it is ranked anyway.

Do you happen to remember who posted saying it was better for them? I'm curious to hear how their experience has been after that first day. It's odd for sure.

Only person I can remember being happy was Vetoed because he could finally find FFA games again.

Can't remember any person outside of the US though. Aus/NZ always had it bad, but region lock fucked over the EU players pretty hard as well now. At least on the higher levels.

The feeling you get when someone are saying that Halo 5 are better than old Halos. Fucking waypoint man

Sounds like neogaf.

Everytime some Halo 5 thread pops up in gaming side you get like 3 guys acting as though its the best halo ever.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I tilted so hard reading them talk about how they wanted to recreate the LAN feel in Halo 2 and that's how the multiplayer came about. They didn't fucking include LAN or split screen with H5 and that's what its all built on and originated from. New players will never experience what LAN is like. How good it feels after playing online for so long. We will never get to experience it again in new Halos if they don't change something unless we make top 16 or whatever to be invited to one of their tournaments.  

They are SO close to having a good Halo game and then they just blow it with poor MM setups and stupid decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Sounds like neogaf.

Everytime some Halo 5 thread pops up in gaming side you get like 3 guys acting as though its the best halo ever.

Halo waypoint are way worse believe me.

Fuck those 343 kids.

• Downvote (-1) 5

Halo waypoint are way worse believe me.

Fuck those 343 kids.

We're still doing the whole community bashing thing.

Christ.

It's fine if you disagree with someone, it's nature but stop bashing an entire community because of a few people. You are one of the reasons that Beyond gets a bad rep anywhere else. Their opinions might be factually incorrect but you should respect them and inform them why they're wrong. If they choose not to listen, that's their loss but nothing good is going to come out of flaming them.

• Upvote (+1) 4