CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I personally think the Flood/Sentinels in Halo 2 and 3 are MUCH cooler enemies to fight rather than the Prometheans.

The Prometheans are too similar to the covenant to warrant that much different gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Any EU or Australian players have issues finding games after that "fix" about a month ago? I remember seeing some praise here and on reddit about it saying you guys could find games faster now. Well I have an EU friend who had no issue finding games before this fix, but now can't find a single match while searching solo.

I definitly have the same problem as your friend and all of my EU mates as well. I cant find games in Breakout/FFA/SWAT most of the time and in Arena/Slayer I often have to search long and play against the same people all the time.

Cant even finish my SWAT placement (3 games in)

I greatly prefer halo campaigns when they present a 3 sided fight. It makes the game world feel so much more alive when the AI is not only fighting you, but also fighting each other.

As such I wish they would design more of the campaign to pit the covenant against the prometheans. Or bring the flood back to fill in the 3 side of the fight.

That works, too. Point is, there's no real benefit in segregating the two factions into their own levels and sections when having both makes encounters far more interesting.

I personally think the Flood/Sentinels in Halo 2 and 3 are MUCH cooler enemies to fight rather than the Prometheans.

The Prometheans are too similar to the covenant to warrant that much different gameplay.

...Why aren't there any Sentinels with the Promethean forces in 4 and 5? You'd think their inclusion would be a no-brainer.

Watching people play Halo 5 over the weekend.  :weback:

Then you go and play Halo 5, and you're like  :wutface:

No joke, I used to watch Halo tournaments and then play Halo like crazy after being hyped up. This last weekend I watched a ton of Halo and then just started playing Rocket League again because it's competitive as shit and the controls don't feel terrible. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I definitly have the same problem as your friend and all of my EU mates as well. I cant find games in Breakout/FFA/SWAT most of the time and in Arena/Slayer I often have to search long and play against the same people all the time.

Cant even finish my SWAT placement (3 games in)

Do you happen to remember who posted saying it was better for them? I'm curious to hear how their experience has been after that first day. It's odd for sure.

No joke, I used to watch Halo tournaments and then play Halo like crazy after being hyped up. This last weekend I watched a ton of Halo and then just started playing Rocket League again because it's competitive as shit and the controls don't feel terrible. 

They got PS4-XBL crossplay working.  They just have to mediate between Microsoft and Sony to allow it. Red tape fight now.  Technical side is done.

I have two things/ideas.

1. Party Restrictions -
    • 343, how about this. Make one Arena/Slayer playlist. In this playlist add party restrictions and make sure you specifically state in the description of the playlist that teams will always matched equally sized and skilled teams. Make it To4 vs To4, To3 + 1 vs To3 + 1, and Teams of 2/Solos vs Teams of 2/Solos. 
    • Ask for and compare feedback on how much more fair matches tend to be. I'm willing to bet matches in this one playlist will be 10x more enjoyable then any of the other playlist.
  2. I feel like this topic has been forgotten about, but what is this obsession with grenade hit marker indicators? Can we please be done with grenade hit markers in Halo? They are so unnecessary and with how Halo plays, it's just another way for people to know where you are without even knowing. I would love to hear arguments in favor grenade hit markers. Why this ever became a thing in Halo is :beyond:  me.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I have two things/ideas.

• Party Restrictions -
    • 343, how about this. Make one Arena/Slayer playlist. In this playlist add party restrictions and make sure you specifically state in the description of the playlist that teams will always matched equally sized and skilled teams. Make it To4 vs To4, To3 + 1 vs To3 + 1, and Teams of 2/Solos vs Teams of 2/Solos.
    • Ask for and compare feedback on how much more fair matches tend to be. I'm willing to bet matches in this one playlist will be 10x more enjoyable then any of the other playlist.
  • I feel like this topic has been forgotten about, but what is this obsession with grenade hit marker indicators? Can we please be done with grenade hit markers in Halo? They are so unnecessary and with how this game plays, it's just another way for people to know where you are without even knowing. I would love to hear arguments in favor grenade hit markers.

While I think it's a good idea, I just don't think they'l do it because less playlists=lack of content in a lot of people's eyes.

I would just add party restrictions and loosen skill restrictions to compensate. Keep tinkering until you find the right balance.

First time playing in a few weeks, first six games of arena I only get one tournament gametype..

It's like 343 don't want me to play.

Theres someone on this site thats been keeping track of what they're getting in Arena, how often/not they're getting competitive settings/maps, probably over 100 games at this point. (small sample size).

Everyone should do it tbh, compile the data and have someone more influential hand it to 343 and be like, yo reduce the weighting on non comp settings/increase weight of comp settings because this shits ridiculous, or better yet remove all non competitive/tournament settings from the playlist and create a separate playlist for testing shit.

and/or see if the pros will do another poll, because this community doesn't have a voice on its own.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if it's been posted but found a bug today on Torque. Flag disappeared twice in two separate games, recreated it in a custom;

The last time I searched in a TO4 we had a winning streak of like 10 games in a row, matching the same poor solo players over and over again.

But the population of this game definitly can't support region lock and party restrictions on higher levels. At least not outside the US.

I feel like it's my duty to consistently bring up these points until this isn't a thing anymore.

Literally have been repeating everything I said in this post since before this game came even out:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-4414?do=findComment&comment=705356

Literally have been repeating the reasoning behind it as well:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-4416?do=findComment&comment=705494

As much as I don't mind free ranks for jumping on randoms, it's not balanced and it SURELY isn't enjoyable. Even for the best players in the game. We're not just talking out of our ass lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reading the Pro League blog post is so irritating.

"Competitive Halo was built on LANs."

Exactly how I felt reading it. He talks up how important local play was to the rise of Halo, while his studio completely axes the functionality that made it all possible in the first place. Makes my blood boil.

Years ago I was wondering how much more we'd be able to do with each successive Halo game. Never imagined things would get this restricted and cut back as the hardware became more powerful. The priorities of the game industry and market are completely fucked.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There should be a toggle option for everything. Don't like the yellow of the sun? MAKE IT BLUE! Want to hear Chuck Norris instead of Palmer? You can do that to!

EDIT: Noticed that it rhymes.

I have no idea why this post of mine got negged. I hope people understand that it was satire. And that I agree whole heartedly with party restrictions.

So what changes between all the other Halo 5 DLC maps.

Imo no map can be compared to SwordBase, is the single worst map ever created, not even Overgrowth or Adrift can compete with how shitty SwordBase is.

Imo no map can be compared to SwordBase, is the single worst map ever created, not even Overgrowth or Adrift can compete with how shitty SwordBase is.

Watch they do remake it but they inadvertently fix every problem about the map.

Watch they do remake it but they inadvertently fix every problem about the map.

They fixed every problem of the map by not including it in Halo 4 and 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They fixed every problem of the map by not including it in Halo 4 and 5.

Ironically enough Sword Base is where I got my first perfection ever.

Ironically enough Sword Base is where I got my first perfection ever.

I mean anyone could if they got Sword/Shotgun into yellow.