CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

The last time I searched in a TO4 we had a winning streak of like 10 games in a row, matching the same poor solo players over and over again.

But the population of this game definitly can't support region lock and party restrictions on higher levels. At least not outside the US.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE THAT IS SICK OF FIGHTING PROMETHEANS IN HALO CAMPAIGN?

I liked the old school days of covenant and flood.  I hate Prometheans.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last time I searched in a TO4 we had a winning streak of like 10 games in a row, matching the same poor solo players over and over again.

But the population of this game definitly can't support region lock and party restrictions on higher levels. At least not outside the US.

Arena is not fun for anyone with the population as low as it is.

AM I THE ONLY ONE AROUND HERE THAT IS SICK OF FIGHTING PROMETHEANS IN HALO CAMPAIGN?

I liked the old school days of covenant and flood. I hate Prometheans.

We probably will be fighting only them at some point. But honestly they are becoming better enemies. Halo 5s Prometheans are so much more enjoyable to fight than Halo 4s. Especially the Knights. So if 343 keeps it up they might be super enjoyable to fight.

It should just be a toggle option. That solves every single problem. Can't find games with party restrictions on? Turn them off.

There should be a toggle option for everything. Don't like the yellow of the sun? MAKE IT BLUE! Want to hear Chuck Norris instead of Palmer? You can do that to!

EDIT: Noticed that it rhymes.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There should be a toggle option for everything. Don't like the yellow of the sun? MAKE IT BLUE! Want to hear Chuck Norris instead of Palmer? You can do that to!

EDIT: Noticed that it rhymes.

That's a nice cheer man you'd be a great cheerleader :)

Oh man I'm actually surprised they didn't go the CoD route and add spartan chatter DLC. Snoop Dogg in Ghosts was the best lmao.

That's a nice cheer man you'd be a great cheerleader :)

Oh man I'm actually surprised they didn't go the CoD route and add spartan chatter DLC. Snoop Dogg in Ghosts was the best lmao.

I would love to change the voice of my Spartan. Would totally go for a Nathan Fillion voice.

Also don't have the hips for a cheerleader. But I would be completely up for it if Beyond wants to hire me.

I'd say lose up the rank restriction, add party restrictions and add the option to look for low pink matches.

I've heard that the new region restriction actually only searches for people of your region but if can still happen that 8 EU players have to play on US servers... I don't know how often this stuff happens but if it's true, it's just ridiculous...

And according to http://www.azurespeed.com/ my ping to those EU servers is still around 80-120ms...MS really need to take better care of Europe...

The Prometheans in 5 are great to fight, the new weakspots on the knights make them far more interesting to fight as they actually require a solid aim now. The crawlers are still just faster grunts but with a rather satisfying headshot explosion and the soldiers are basically just elites. The only ones I'm not so keen on are the Watchers.

Prometheans are far, far better than the flood though.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Never really been a fan of the Flood, but I will say 343 has made poor use of Prometheans. They should have fought alongside the Covenant enemies. And I don't mean, in the narrative, they should have teamed up, but they literally should have both been present and fighting the player at the same time.

Segregating them just ends up giving us sections with a Covenant that is woefully underdeveloped compared to Reach (In which we had Brutes, Rangers Elites who actually moved differently, Drones, Skirmishers, and the Revenant) and a faction that can barely stand on its own. Soldiers and Crawlers are just too uninteresting to have such a large part of the campaign to themselves. But if the Prometheans actually appeared alongside Covenant units, we'd see far more interesting encounters, as the various Prometheans would fulfill both old and new roles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that i've been banned from bronze and have been forced to play like a regular human i've noticed one big thing. This ranking system is horrendous.

I'm not sure if it's just because of the system itself or simply due to the lack of party restrictions.

I've played about 40 games on this alt and i'm now high 1600s in onyx Team Arena. Opponent and teammate skill is a complete and utter crap shoot. Sometimes i'll get teammates that are total ass and it turns out they're onyx or even champions. Sometimes i'll get awesome teammates and after the game i'll find out that they're diamond. One game I went 22-1 against all champs/onyx and the next I went -6 playing 3 diamond kids. The ranking system doesn't seem to accurately display a player's skill at all.

I think a lot of this has to do with the lack of party restrictions. Im just in a party of 2 and im shooting up the ranks. Where as in previous seasons I would search alone and find it incredibly hard to make it past the 1500s. I'd probably be a champ if I played in a party of 4. The fact that my rank can vary due to the size of the party I search in is silly. I imagine that there are a lot of onyx and champ kids that search in parties who on their own are not that good. Then on the flip side you get kids that search alone that are pretty good that get stuck in diamond/low onyx(especially now that diamonds can match champ party of 4s often).

I'll take h3's ranking system all day over this garbage. Party restrictions > everything.

Never really been a fan of the Flood, but I will say 343 has made poor use of Prometheans. They should have fought alongside the Covenant enemies. And I don't mean, in the narrative, they should have teamed up, but they literally should have both been present and fighting the player at the same time.

Segregating them just ends up giving us sections with a Covenant that is woefully underdeveloped compared to Reach (In which we had Brutes, Rangers Elites who actually moved differently, Drones, Skirmishers, and the Revenant) and a faction that can barely stand on its own. Soldiers and Crawlers are just too uninteresting to have such a large part of the campaign to themselves. But if the Prometheans actually appeared alongside Covenant units, we'd see far more interesting encounters, as the various Prometheans would fulfill both old and new roles.

I greatly prefer halo campaigns when they present a 3 sided fight. It makes the game world feel so much more alive when the AI is not only fighting you, but also fighting each other.

As such I wish they would design more of the campaign to pit the covenant against the prometheans. Or bring the flood back to fill in the 3 side of the fight.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now that i've been banned from bronze and have been forced to play like a regular human i've noticed one big thing. This ranking system is horrendous.

I'm not sure if it's just because of the system itself or simply due to the lack of party restrictions.

I've played about 40 games on this alt and i'm now high 1600s in onyx Team Arena. Opponent and teammate skill is a complete and utter crap shoot. Sometimes i'll get teammates that are total ass and it turns out they're onyx or even champions. Sometimes i'll get awesome teammates and after the game i'll find out that they're diamond. One game I went 22-1 against all champs/onyx and the next I went -6 playing 3 diamond kids. The ranking system doesn't seem to accurately display a player's skill at all.

I think a lot of this has to do with the lack of party restrictions. Im just in a party of 2 and im shooting up the ranks. Where as in previous seasons I would search alone and find it incredibly hard to make it past the 1500s. I'd probably be a champ if I played in a party of 4. The fact that my rank can vary due to the size of the party I search in is silly. I imagine that there are a lot of onyx and champ kids that search in parties who on their own are not that good. Then on the flip side you get kids that search alone that are pretty good that get stuck in diamond/low onyx(especially now that diamonds can match champ party of 4s often).

I'll take h3's ranking system all day over this garbage. Party restrictions > everything.

Yup H3's system had it right. And I used to play with my brother and 2 friends (that are barely gold in skill) and we won 60-70% of our games even against onyx kids. Now I mostly play solo since they are busy with school and I am stuck at Diamond. However, literally every game is against Champions or Onyx 1900+ kids. So I can't rank up at all because I'm matching parties at that level and it's frustrating as hell. Why am I even in Diamond if I only match Champions? So you probably get good Diamond kids because they constantly play solo and can't win since they match Champs. Whereas the Onyx kids probably play as a team a lot and it causes them to shoot up. It's the shittiest thing ever. I just want to get out if fucking Diamond lol. And match solo players.

The Prometheans in 5 are great to fight, the new weakspots on the knights make them far more interesting to fight as they actually require a solid aim now. The crawlers are still just faster grunts but with a rather satisfying headshot explosion and the soldiers are basically just elites. The only ones I'm not so keen on are the Watchers.

Prometheans are far, far better than the flood though.

Watchers were dope in Halo 4 when paired with a Knight, blocking Grenades and giving them a shield, meaning you had to take out the less deadly target before you could get to the big guy. They were extremely maneuverable and tough to kill especially at higher levels.

In Halo 5 they just feel a lot weaker and don't seem to do as much for the other enemies.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does 343 really think a bunch of dudes without mics and low Onyx rating can stack up against a to4 champions that are clearly trying? It has nothing to do with individual skill which is what the ranks we're being matched by really represent when searching solo. The difference in communication and teamwork is so lopsided that there is nothing you can do. Random 4s vs an actual team is just something that shouldn't be allowed to occur. Ever. Everything this ranking system does better than H3 is totally irrelevant in the face of this one flaw. Its 100% broken for anyone not searching in a party at a decent skill level. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have CLG play ALG but only let ALG use mics. Then tell me matching teams while playing solo is fair. And this example is still more fair than what Arena is because thy at least play with each other all the time and know tendencies and stuff. We are literally playing with people we have never played with before, against a team that obviously plays together a lot AND they use mics. This is so elementary it hurts ESPECIALLY knowing that thy probably aren't gonna do jack-shit about it. Especially since the "answer" to playing social is to just "not care about your rank". Smh looks like I'm just gonna have to keep making alts and playing silver-plat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have CLG play ALG but only let ALG use mics. Then tell me matching teams while playing solo is fair. And this example is still more fair than what Arena is because thy at least play with each other all the time and know tendencies and stuff. We are literally playing with people we have never played with before, against a team that obviously plays together a lot AND they use mics. This is so elementary it hurts ESPECIALLY knowing that thy probably aren't gonna do jack-shit about it. Especially since the "answer" to playing social is to just "not care about your rank". Smh looks like I'm just gonna have to keep making alts and playing silver-plat.

Ya, I still do that too. Want to join in with me?

Any EU or Australian players have issues finding games after that "fix" about a month ago? I remember seeing some praise here and on reddit about it saying you guys could find games faster now. Well I have an EU friend who had no issue finding games before this fix, but now can't find a single match while searching solo.

Ya, I still do that too. Want to join in with me?

For sure man I just have to make another alt since I'm already at plat 4 with buff the magnum.

For sure man I just have to make another alt since I'm already at plat 4 with buff the magnum.

Sure. Add Avoided Cooper

First time playing in a few weeks, first six games of arena I only get one tournament gametype..

It's like 343 don't want me to play.