CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Try to copy it. It's how I read it.

Tried it, didn't work. Found out how to switch to full site and realized the site is blue so I can read it there lol. Thanks for the help though!

Tried it, didn't work. Found out how to switch to full site and realized the site is blue so I can read it there lol. Thanks for the help though!

Ah well. It works for me but I also have a Windows Phone.

Does this mean Brutes are possible return?

Most likely not, but I want the Flood to return first, maybe the plot of Halo 6 is to unite all the species of Halo against "The Created"? It could be a Covenant built on the premise of survival instead of religious fervor.

Does this mean Brutes are possible return?

Brutes may be too redundant when Soldiers pretty much fill the same role as bullet-spongey enemies that appear in groups, and don't recharge once their armor has been broken off.

Unless, like, you make them ALL Jetjumpers and give them their berserk mode from 2 and 3. That'd actually be pretty interesting, now that I think about it. Halo 5 DOES have a distinct lack of enemies that take to the air. Especially since Watchers are, luckily, so few and far between.

Perhaps they could be like the Covenant equivalent of Knights, where they're not exactly on "mini-boss" level like a Hunter pair is, but they're certainly tougher than the rank and file and even one or two could ruin your day very easily.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sal1ent

(I think thats the right tag?)

Are we going to have Region Lock removed for Warzone Assault so the OCeanic Region can play it, and can the MMR be loosened for AUS/NZ Arena. You need a TO4 to play and you will pretty much face the same 7 or 8 guys all night if you are in Onyx.

EDIT: how do you break a Habit. I want to stop going on Waypoint now, this place is a lot cooler, and a lot more civilised. I feel like I can voice opinions without getting attacked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just posted this to the Arena settings thread and thought I'd do the same here.

I  just finished finding 100 games of Team Arena and marking the gametype.

Out of those 100, 34 of them were competitive gametypes.

20 slayer matches

28 ctf matches

25 strongholds matches

27 assault matches

The top 5 most common gametypes were

1.) Fathom CTF (11)

2.) Coliseum Assault (10)

3.) Riptide Strongholds (9)

4.) Torque CTF (7)

5.) Torque Strongholds and Rig Slayer (6)

Out of these 6 gametypes, 2 of them are competitive gametypes.

Some other points of interest:

Of the 34 competitive gametypes found, half of them were Fathom CTF and Rig Slayer.

Regret Slayer was played twice out of 100 times.

Coliseum CTF was played once out of 100 times.

Eden Strongholds was played once out of 100 times.

Truth CTF was not found until the 23rd match.

Empire Strongholds was played once out of 100 times.

Eden, unbelievably, was played once out of these 100 matches. The 63rd match found was Eden Strongholds.

Out of 12(?) possible competitive gametypes, six of them were found 0, 1, or 2 times.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Wait, which gametypes aren't "competitive"?

I think he means the ones that aren't part of the HCS lineup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most likely not, but I want the Flood to return first, maybe the plot of Halo 6 is to unite all the species of Halo against "The Created"? It could be a Covenant built on the premise of survival instead of religious fervor.

Holy shit that'd be hype.

I would love to know why team arena isnt HCS sanctioned gametypes, seems like a no brainer

I would love to know why team arena isnt HCS sanctioned gametypes, seems like a no brainer

"No brainer"? 343? 

Is radar still in?

• Upvote (+1) 6

What Nokterne said. Anything not part of HCS.

"No brainer"? 343?

Is radar still in?

Rdar should be in, this game without radar would be camp and ground pound city. Im in the small boat who agree with lethul about radar, btw reguardless if we agree or disagree about it, radar will never be out of hcs, it just wont.

Rdar should be in, this game without radar would be camp and ground pound city. 

This logic can be applied to every halo game prior to h5 minus the ground pound..."the game without radar would be camp and melee". Yet this is never the case. You realize if you camp you can't acquire powerups/power weapons...right? That alone would negate the whole "camp" part of the game for ppl that aren't noobs. The game would have better flow without the radar, fact. Till this feature is removed competitive h5 will never be at it's best.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Rdar should be in, this game without radar would be camp and ground pound city. Im in the small boat who agree with lethul about radar, btw reguardless if we agree or disagree about it, radar will never be out of hcs, it just wont.

Its great knowing what you said is true because nobody will actually try to take radar out in 4v4.

/s

This game is stunted with radar, regardless of any pro players opinions. They clearly mean next to nothing when they thought bloom was a good thing

Top 3 topics on Waypoint right now, lol.

uNslQX6.png

Scared to read them.

nerf the god damned storm rifle got me  :lol:

• Upvote (+1) 1

This logic can be applied to every halo game prior to h5 minus the ground pound..."the game without radar would be camp and melee". Yet this is never the case. You realize if you camp you can't acquire powerups/power weapons...right? That alone would negate the whole "camp" part of the game for ppl that aren't noobs. The game would have better flow without the radar, fact. Till this feature is removed competitive h5 will never be at it's best.

The one point I forgot to say is that there are to many corners and nooks to hide, more than any other game. They byilt the maps around abilities and radar.

The one point I forgot to say is that there are to many corners and nooks to hide, more than any other game. They byilt the maps around abilities and radar.

We had maze like maps in h4 as well and the game played fine without radar. Go turn it off and play a couple games without it and look at how much more freedom you have, then look at how much more important communication becomes. I saw so many deaths during the world championship because of radar it was ridiculous. I'm not a fan of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its great knowing what you said is true because nobody will actually try to take radar out in 4v4.

/s

This game is stunted with radar, regardless of any pro players opinions. They clearly mean next to nothing when they thought bloom was a good thing

I dont mean to be a dick, but how can you say that pros dont know whats best when they are the ones playing at a top level day in and out. If playing without radar was better, they would let 343 know its better. But so far its not the case.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1