CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I agree, but all of these problems exist because they fucked up playlists in the first place. Fiesta's fun but people seem to forget we're having to settle for less every single month with very little actually new and no real social. Still missing staples like perm snipers, doubles and infection, no sign of favorites like multiteam, social slayer, classic, oddball (as playlists, compilations or gametypes).

The only reason they havent added those playlists and gametypes is because they fucked them up from day one. Everybody here knew the launch playlists wouldn't hold a mediocre launch pop from shit sales, caused by as game with half its expected launch content. They set themselves up for failure so fucking obviously it dumbfounds me that some people are still riding dick over low quality, low value monthly updates.

Fiesta's great but it will do absolutely nothing to bring us back from this shitshow. Would love to see some high-profile layoffs on the way to Halo 6, nothing personal obviously.

Totally agree. I wouldn't use some of the language you used but you get the point across well enough.

It's a shame that a lot of fan favourite playlists are missing. It's even worse when you consider the reasons too. 

• Snipers is awful in this game, purely because of how stupidly easy it is to use. Obviously some people still have fun with it but christ, is it boring to play. Every game feels like Shotty Snipers.
  • Doubles was awful because of weapon pads. For whatever reason, there's no option to toggle starting weapon ammo and still no word if this will ever be added. That and they literally took the 4v4 maps are put them in the playlist.
  • Infection is just completely absent.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

FFA is a perfect demonstration of how all of the issues of Halo 5 hurt gameplay. I almost feel as if mechanics should be tested with FFA rather than 4v4.

Exactly. Couldnt agree more, its frustrating.

I'm still pissed we don't have Oddball, I mean we have it but not really. Oddball could work really well in this game, way better than Assault on most maps, IMO. 

Reading that thread reminds me, nearly all of reddit and waypoint think the auto's are balanced because:

• Theyre effective at short range, and deserve to beat precision weapons at short range because "they're autos and they're meant to, thats why they exist"
  • You're not using the right weapons against them, you "shouldn't" be fighting auto's with precision weapons
  • It's a low skill weapon so you suck if you lose in a fight with it
  • Using auto's in CQC is a deliberate strategy, you got out-strategized
  • All the other Halo's the auto's were useless and the new auto's are finally balanced, because the autos "should" beat  precision weapons at close range
  • If a weapon is OP you should just use it more, it's common sense
  • ADAPT

It will forever be a lost cause unfortunately, we really did try our best.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Reading that thread reminds me, nearly all of reddit and waypoint think the auto's are balanced because:

• Theyre effective at short range, and deserve to beat precision weapons at short range because "they're autos and they're meant to, thats why they exist"
  • You're not using the right weapons against them, you "shouldn't" be fighting auto's with precision weapons
  • All the other Halo's the auto's were useless and the new auto's are finally balanced, because the autos "should" beat  precision weapons at close range
  • ADAPT

Top 3 topics on Waypoint right now, lol.

uNslQX6.png

Scared to read them.

I'm still pissed we don't have Oddball, I mean we have it but not really. Oddball could work really well in this game, way better than Assault on most maps, IMO. 

What's stopping you from playing it?

Okay can 343 please turn down the god damn brightness of every light? Big team is such a joke especially Deadlock. It's such a dumbass thing to even have. And it's SOOOO easy to fix. People sniping on top of blue base is so ridiculous.

Deadlock is dreadful because of this.

The good news is that NOKYARD had updated the map 2 months ago and changed the lighting mode to eliminate the glare.

The bad news is that this might take is taking months for 343 to get it updated in matchmaking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/415m9l/nokyard_has_upgraded_his_deadlock_map_lighting/cyzy1io

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's stopping you from playing it?

• It is not in a playlist.

• It's not built into the maps by default.

• I play solo most of the time.

• People who play customs on my list only ever play official HWC gametypes. 

• I want to rank up and gain RP.

Pick one I suppose. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The mixture of teams I get bow in Arena is fantastic. Ranging from a full team of Onyx ranks against me to the surprising mixture of a Gold/Silver team. It feels at times the skill gap is demolished. Id rather just play everyone around me (in the Diamond ranks) so I can improve my game, rather than demolish one team then get demolished the next.

I can guarantee it goes like this:

OP makes post complaining about something (2 likes)

One word comment by someone saying OP is wrong (55 likes)

People telling OP to quit or tell him he's bad (30 likes)

Literally that's all I saw on Waypoint in my 1 hour venture over there.

yout missing the best stuff..

- "SR is balanced because it is hard to use"

- "are you coming from Destiny, if you want nerfs, go to the Bungie forums" (can someone explain this?! I stopped plaing destiny after 1-2 months, is Bungie going crazy with rebalancing stuff?)

- "H5 has the best balance"

yout missing the best stuff..

- "SR is balanced because it is hard to use"

- "are you coming from Destiny, if you want nerfs, go to the Bungie forums" (can someone explain this?! I stopped plaing destiny after 1-2 months, is Bungie going crazy with rebalancing stuff?)

- "H5 has the best balance"

Bungie has a habit of nerfing a lot of things to oblivion and leaving it in a really bad state for a long time.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bungie has a habit of nerfing a lot of things to oblivion and leaving it in a really bad state for a long time.

I still have PTSD from the "Thorn" Era of Destiny. Iron banner was sheer hell.

Don't trivialize PTSD, only feminists can get PTSD from Twitter. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm amazed that I still manage to play this. Gonna have to wait until some new FPS games come out lol.

I can barely play this game at all. Shitty servers doesn't help either. And fuck the awful maps

• All the other Halo's the auto's were useless and the new auto's are finally balanced, because the autos "should" beat precision weapons at close range
  • ADAPT

It was like arguing on the bnet forums about how broken armor lock and bloom were in Halo Reach.

It really is no surprise to see just how far halo has fallen, when you have the majority of people on two major websites supporting this kind of crap.

I really don't see how anyone can defend the autos in this game. The two major reasons why I have played like 5 games in 2-3 months are.

1. The autos.

2. No party restrictions.

The thorn era has returned if you play 3s or rumble.

Freaking hate that gun.

no they don't, you can have a 2m tourney and give the top 1% of players something cool, but you are still fucking over everyone else with these shit playlists and meager offerings.

those damn 1%ers.

Fun little lore note: "B312" printed on the AR's side while using the "Noble Team" skin.

R2zNWf6.png

Looks like Noble six's legacy lives on heh

Feedback for Observer mode: Get rid of the emblems. They take up precious on-screen real estate and don't add anything of importance to the broadcast. Players change their emblems all the time; viewers don't look to emblems to identify players. We already have gamertags on screen. Getting rid of emblems would allow for other crucial info that is currently lacking: Kills, Deaths, and Assists. Hell, we could even add damage counters on screen per player, maybe. At the very least, the back-button scoreboard in Observer mode should have damage counters, power weapon and power-up pickup counters, and other useful stats beyond K, D, A.

Fun little lore note: "B312" printed on the AR's side while using the "Noble Team" skin.

R2zNWf6.png

It would be terrible to ski at that snow. Too much ice.